*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1875381-Sweet-love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by nuha27
Rated: · Fiction · Other · #1875381
An ant falls in love......
Man! I hate summer. Trust me, when I grow wings I would definitely fly up to the sky and drench the sun with fists of water, that dude seriously needs to cool down I say. But that’s way far in the future. What the present is, now I am walking up the wall of this place where those gigantic heartless creatures called humans, live. I HATE THEM! My elder brother died last month being crushed in between the fingers of one of them. That is how miserable an ant’s life can be. This also includes search for food before winter. Can you imagine the agony of stepping out of the cozy burrow and walk miles and miles with, around hundred ant soldiers ahead of you!  I heard the boss say that we have already entered enemy territory a minute before. He said he has already spotted some food ahead. All the others are overjoyed with anticipation. May be this is the last chunk we needed to fill up our granary. We advanced forward. Personally, I still haven’t got to see an inch of it. But I kept on moving.

Oh god! I stared in awe. What is it? I saw a huge shiny block lay in front of me. I could not figure out what shape it was, cube or sphere, but it was nothing like I had ever seen before in this five days life of mine. It glittered with utter sparkle under the white light of fluorescent tube. When I looked more carefully I could see patterns of colors like that of rainbow. Suddenly I felt a little twitch at the stomach. Come on I can’t have butterflies in their? I thought. I saw my chest jerk up and down with the thud of my heart echoing back and forth through my cranium. What is this feeling? I asked myself but I found no answer.

I regained some of my senses when I heard boss commanding the mates to gather up in a circle and try to lift ‘ the chunk of sugar’ altogether. But I still couldn’t shift my gaze. Wait, what did he say? SUGAR. Wow! What a beautiful name, just as she looks. I could have met her earlier. God, why do I sleepwalk all the time? . But it’s never too late. Hey, hey, hey, stop! Where are they taking her? By the time the crew has already hauled her up on their backs. No way! They can’t take her away from me. I shouted in grief but nobody heard. There they went, so did my love and here I stand, paralyzed.

© Copyright 2012 nuha27 (nuha27 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1875381-Sweet-love