*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1875698-The-Gods-War
by Anna6
Rated: 13+ · Other · Mythology · #1875698
My first book that I'm writing,about a girl named Lily that gets dreams about a boy, Leo
Prologe



I trudged out of my small warm bed, the room dark, only slightly lit by my alarm clock, which read 2:36 am. I smiled "It's not too late to do it" I thought, instanly waking up from my trance of sleep. I peered out of my bedroom window, pushing my soft purple sheets out of the way from my view.

I peered out my window, and there he was, looking up at me, as it has been since we met at the library. We bumped into each other, while we were reading a book and we instanly fell in love. After being kicked out of the library becasue it was closing, I deicided that Leo will be my boyfriend. There were some limits though, but I could deal will it.

I jumped out of bed, already dressed in my usual clothes I wear with Leo, a nice sky blue top and jean shorts. I start to trudge down my stairs , but remembered about him talking to of of his friends one time "I could spy on him, he'd never know !" I thought, as remembered that one time that I took I bit faster, but all I heard was him saying good-bye to one of his friends and that I should be down at about now. I was as quiet as I could ever be when I ran down, approaching the back door, the only one that is quiet enough do I could leave my house without being heard.

I pressed my ear against the door softly, careful so Leo wouldn't hear me, I smiled, my plan working, I heard him talking with his friend or someone that he knew.

"Yes I know !" I recognized Leo's voice, but he sounded mad, almost frightning, I wanted to back away from the door, but I forced myself to stay where I was. "Oh course not ! I'm Hades, ruler of the Underworld ! I know that girl will keep on thinking I'm Leo ! She'll gain full trust of me ! I, Hades will kill her right under Athena's nose !"

My ears buzzed, my mind swirled "H-Hades ?" I thought, hitting the door with my elbow, I heard the horrifing echo of the the door against my elbow.

I closed my eyes tight, hoping this was all a dream, when I opened my eyes, Leo, or Hades was right in front of my, his face twisted up in anger. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs, but my voice didn't work, and my voice always works, even in my worse nightmares.

Hades smiled, "He must have done something to me ! He will do something worse !" I thought in horror as he spoke, he sounded evil, like Hades, "Hello, Lily, I'm glad you where spying on me, but now you know some information, a bit to much information."

I tried to speak, but no words came out, and paniced, wanting to get all my words and screams out so someone could help me.

Hades said softly, so only he and I could hear, but it sounded as evil as screams from my mom would be, "I must spare your life, only because Athena is too busy so I will instead erase your memory or me and what you saw or heard tonight, simply because your mortal mind will go on telling every ohter mortal of this, and that would be to risky. So, I, Hades, have stole a potion from Hecate, the goddesses of magic and potions, I knew this day would come, so I've had it with me since we first started meeting...."

I managed to regain my voice and say stammering "B-But why me ? Why did you pretend to love me ? Why did you use me ?" Hades shook his head "Too many questions, all I will tell you is you are a demigod"

I squinted my eyes "Oh really ? Im too ignorant ? A demigod is a child of both a person and a god or goddesses ! I am a straight A student ! I bet my mother is Athena, because you said that you wanted to kill me right in front of Athena, or something like that..." Hades frowned "You have Athena's wisdom, thats not good, the sooner I erase your memory, the better..."

He took out a bottle with an almost glowing purple liquid and I paniced "I need to stall some time, but how ? He has this potion ready from this Hecate....maybe I could start a conversation ?" I said, kinda nerves "W-Will this effect anything about my real life Hades ?"Hades smiled "No, no one will know Leo ever existed, you will forget about both Leo and Hades, and this night altogether, everything will be normal, all I have to do to activate this potion on you is spill it on you, and the world and you forget about me"

He opened the bottle, and the smell was almost overwelming, it smelled like wild berry candles, with a sharp smell of mint. I cocked my head "What's in there ?"Hades smiled and said "I don't know, all I know is thats it's not too strong for demogods and it will erase your memory of me" his grin evil, like my brother Eric when he has an evil plan, it scared me, it gave me goosebumps.

Just before I was about to ask another question, Hades spoke "Ok, enough with these questions, I have to erase your memory"

He took the bottle, tipping it toward me so the potion spills out, but I was to quick, I rushed out of way, narrowly missing the potion. Hades looked mad, but he had some potion left, and he wasn't going to waste it playing easy on me. I knew that, because of his almost smirky look "You can't escape demigod, so you might as well give up and forget Leo ever existed."

Those words weakened me, he was right, I couldn't escape, it was impossible, he was a immortal god and I was mortal human, I sighed, raising both hands in the air high, giving a sign of surrender. Hades smiled, pouring the liquid on my face, it was cold and smily, I twitched as it ran down my neck to my stomach and then my legs.

I felt the world fading, and someone picked me up, bringing me upstairs. I blacked out after I felt someone put me on my bed gently and whisper "Goodbye demigod"

[Skip Rest Of Page]







[Skip Half of Page]



2 years later.....



[Skip rest of Page]







Chapter 1

A Punch Starts It All





I agrued "I did not ! Why would I want your filthy Call of Duty game ? All it is is a juncky game that you shoot people on !" While Eric kept on giving me reasons why I would steal his Call of Duty game.

I had the game, I just was a really good lier and could trick people with anything, I don't know how, but it's just something I've been good at all my life. I've always woundered why.

My brother sighed "Jacob, she doesn't have the game, lets face it." His friend argued as I rolled my eyes.

I took the Call of Duty game out of my backpack, getting their attention, and I laughed "Is this what you wanted ? Your stupid X-Box or whatever game ?"

Eric glared at me, his right eye twitched, "He wants to punch me" I thought simply, having expierienced this many times with Eric and Jacob, right eye twitching is punch, and left eye twitching is telling on me. I enjoy it when his right eye twitches the most, simply because I am a black belt in karate, and I could defend any blow they try on me.

Today they tried something new, they must have practiced, Jacob aimed a blow at my head, I quickly blocked it, but Eric picked me up from behind. I screamed, kicking my big brother everywhere I could, but Eric wouldn't put me down.

Eric tossed me to Jacob, who caught me, I met his eyes, and glared, showing my glare that scared the toughest of bullies at school, he turned away, facing me toward Eric.

He had his fists balled, and I aimed a kick for his face, but Jacob was faster, he kneed he in my bottem, and I screamed, but our mom wouldn't come down, because she knew Eric and I have plently of fights.

He made his first blow, my head, a miss, he has terrible aiming, he his Jacob's arm instead. Jacob yelled at Eric while Eric carefully aimed at my weak stop, my stomach. He swong the blow, it was aimed perfectly and it hit my stomach, right in the center, Jacob dropped me, afraid of what I might do, I wrapped my arns around my chest, moaning.

Eric and Jacob ignored me, thinking I was faking, but this time it was real, my stomach felt like it was on fire, and I wanted to punch them back, but when I slowly stood up, still moaning, Eric threw a punch at my head, all I felt was my head hitting the ground and the world went black.

I opened my eyes, to be in noisy place with people drinking, and a boy next to me, he had spiky black hair, and looked 14, 7 years younger than he was really aloud.

He looked at me, as if he knew me, he said "Care to have a drink, Lily ?" I nodded, thirsty from the fight with my brother, and I gulped the bad tasting liquid down, when I finished one, I remembered what type of drink it was, cranberry juice, I hated cranberry juice !

I ran to the bathroom, wanting to look at myself before I run around looking worse. I opened the heavy door, which seemed familiar, I somehow knew how to get to the bathroom, and get to the sink and all that as if I've done it many times before. When I looked in the mirrior, I was shocked, I didn't look like the 16 year old me with wavy, kinda curly dark brown hair. I looked like the 13-14 year old self with straight light brown hair.

My eyes weren't the soft blue, happy they were, they were a more dull, sad, depressed blue. I wondered what happened, why I looked like I was 13-14 years old, and most of all, why did all of this seem fimiliar ?

I heard a voice right outside the door, it sounded like the boy that gave me the cranberry juicel, he said "Lily ? Are you ok ? It's me, Leo ? Why did you run in the bathroom all of a sudden ?"

Leo ? I didn't know a Leo ! I spook, studdering "W-Who's Leo ? I-I don't know a Leo...." This Leo kid sighed "I'm Leo, your boyfriend, remember ?"

My eyes widened "Boyfriend ?" I murmured, wanting to wake up from this nightmare.

The dream ended, but I appreared in another dream, she was walking, reading a book about Arctic foxes.

I was reading my book, it was quite intresting, I like cold places, like Antarctica or the Arctic, this book was intresting and stuffed with facts !
© Copyright 2012 Anna6 (anna6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1875698-The-Gods-War