*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1875822-Treacherous-love
Rated: E · Poetry · Romance/Love · #1875822
Love was not what I thought it would be. Read it and any comments are very welcomed
I’m so amazed how each day is getting worse, I feel so torn I can’t describe it in words.

I’ve set myself free and broke from your chains, I refuse to be your prisoner condemned by your games.

Games that you made and played by rules, I was your pawn, your tool, I was your fool.

Look how far the stream of time has taken us, the beginning was bliss but our love has transformed into lust, soon to be dust.

And I got tired, I felt like I was running a race, when my heart was chasing you, you needed your space.

Only the streets know my pain when I took those midnight walks, because you too busy you didn’t want to talk.

And you laughed at my pain every time I cried, I felt so pathetic for wanting to be by your side.

And look at things now, the tables have turned, now things are opposite, now it’s your turn.

I want to make you ache because you played with my heart, and our love has become a house of cards, doomed from the start.

And all your words and actions have cut me skin deep, I’m not the same anymore I can’t even sleep.

You took my virtues, my innocence and stained me with regret, sometimes I wish I could take back that Tuesday that we met.

My confessions can be rude and my come off as mean, but people don’t understand what does behind the scenes.

When I was holding you begging not to go, you yelled and screamed “get of me yo!”

And when I cried on top of you and my warm tears rained on you, did you have any compassion that I was shedding them for you?

You were so worried about keeping us together you created a hole, what were you worried about you had my heart, girl you had my soul!

But now it’s too late to piece things together, I hope you realize my love didn’t have any measure.

When I first met you I didn’t know what love was, I thought it was an illusion, the drug that made my heart pause.

But now I’ve overdosed myself of its chemicals, and my heart is stone, all mechanical.

Because my heart was a puzzle and you took all the pieces out, and you turned everything opposite, turned my hope into doubt.

You robbed me from the idea of what I thought love was, thank you for the heartache, you deserve an applause.

I don’t know why I always resort to writing poems to express the way I feel, but pouring my thoughts on paper makes me feel like someone can hear.

Because you were never there when I needed you to listen, but I’ll never make the same mistake twice I’ve learned my lesson.
© Copyright 2012 [Un]written (maxell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1875822-Treacherous-love