*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1875914-How-to-Get-Unhooked-from-Dr-Pepper
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #1875914
Is your friend addicted to Dr. Pepper? I have that problem, and this is my solution.
         Sierra giggled. Then she burped. And giggled again. I rolled my eyes and leaned back into the booth.
         "Waiter!" she laughed. "More!"
         Krissie looked at me and raised an eyebrow. This happens every time we go out. Sierra drinks too much and manges to get drunk.

         On Dr. Pepper.

         How is that even possible? Must be an incredibly severe sugar high. Hooked on soda. How dissappointing.
         Every time we bring it up, she insists she's not hooked on it. She says it's a type of medicine. That's why it's called Dr. Pepper and not Colonel Pepper. Why else does she get extra when she's sick. I know what you're thinking. How is this mentally disturbed female not still in kindergarten? Or an insane asylum?
         Well, it beats me.
         We have thrown interventions, taken away all her Dr. Pepper, and threatened to shun her, but she still keeps drinking it. Krissie and I have come up with a new plan, though. Haven't you ever heard of people having bad experiances with food and then seriously hating them? Like when my dad was little, he ate three boxes of peanut butter cookies and threw them up. He doesn't eat peanut butter cookies anymore.
         As soon as she leaves to go dance, we are going to fill her Dr. Pepper with salt, pepper, ketchup, tabasco sauce, and some hair we found on the ground. Brilliant, right?
         "I'm gonna, like, go dance and stuff," Sierra giggled, twirling her hair. She dizzily got to her feet and stumbled away.
         "Plan unhook the worm is a go-go," announced Krissie. I looked at her. "What?" she said, crossing her arms. "It was just an idea. I'm offended."
         "Whatever," I muttered, rolling my eyes. We dumped anything and everything into her Dr. Pepper, then put the lid back on, right before Sierra came back from dancing.
         "PAR-TAY!" she yelled. She was so hooked. Bending down, she grabbed her drink and took a sip, closing her eyes in bliss. This was it. This was the moment of truth.
         "Yummy!" she exclaimed. I huffed and sat back. How was she not rolling on the floor gagging? I picked up my soda and took a big gulp. My eyes widened in horror.
         "Oh! No way! That is just nasty!" I exclaimed.
         There is no way that I am drinking Dr. Pepper ever again.
© Copyright 2012 You_Obviously_Love_Oreos (noodles2012 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1875914-How-to-Get-Unhooked-from-Dr-Pepper