*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876432-Dawn
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1876432
This is my idea of dawn. Please read and review
         You are surrounded by darkness. The night rules for now and you are left in its dangerous embrace. You don’t give in because you know dawn is around the corner. You fight the dark, but you also reserve your strength for the final battle. You feel broken, but you know you can hold out a little longer. You are desperate to survive the rest of the night. You come up with a plan to hold out until the light comes. You fight viciously and desperately, you are on the point of exhaustion and surrender. You wonder how much longer you can hold out. You lay, broken, with the darkness about to finish you off. That is when dawn has come.
         Light illuminates the scene, with its majesty. It attacks and defeats the darkness. You start to stand up, feeling yourself become renewed. You walk around because you can’t believe you feel so alive, so free. You then look for others to help them through their night. You take all of your experiences and go out to find others that need your help. You look at the sun. It is so majestic, so powerful and yet it shined its light for you. You take one last look around and decide to move on. You walk into another person’s night and start to help them fight against their darkness.
         Dawn is not just a time of day. Dawn is a personal time where you have conquered your darkness and now walk into the light. Night is the time when you are still fighting your darkness and morning is when you are living within your own light. Each person’s night and dawn are different. It is personal to them and that’s why they have to fight it themselves, however everyone needs help fighting their own night. Here is the question for the day. Are you fighting the night or exploring the dawn? If you are exploring the dawn what are you doing to help others thorough their night? If you are fighting your night then allow this to renew your strength so you can fight with a new purpose. Never stop fighting! Surrender is not an option. Keep fighting for yourself and for me. Keep fighting, your dawn will come soon.
© Copyright 2012 Orangeman (orangeman1994 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876432-Dawn