*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876808-Portrait-of-Society
by Calvin
Rated: E · Poetry · Dark · #1876808
Each painting is different, but does it really matter?
When you are born you are a blank canvas.

During the first seconds in the world, the people around you, paint you.

Telling you what's wrong and right, how to dress, how to act, and what you're supposed to be.

Some people live their whole lives letting others paint them, they become the image of society.

Usually these people end up looking life office art, some sort of simple pattern with clashing colors, so bland it hurts.

Then there are the people who stray from societies image.

We are the misfits, rejected by all of the humans whom call themselves normal.

We're just looking for happiness and there is a wall of misery and normality blocking us from what we think will be bliss.

Once you climb that wall you enter a world of self-awareness.

And it's not what you thought it would be.

This world is full of thought and realization,

You realize how sad everything is, you look at all of the walking office art, and can't help but want to let them burn.

You finally see that you are one of the few people who understand life is so meaningless, it just doesn't matter.

But you're okay with that, and enjoy the fact that you are a step above them.

You watch them worry about the smallest issues, issues and fears you let go long ago.

You look down upon them with the smallest desire you could be them again.

Their ignorance is bliss, they don't see the true desolation.

You know their sheep like state isn't anything to be proud of.

But you remember when you were down there with them.

Your own thought has destroyed any sense of hope for you.

We're all nothing.

Nothing but paint on a canvas, which will soon be forgotten.

No matter how beautiful you end up.



© Copyright 2012 Calvin (calvin-gabriel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876808-Portrait-of-Society