*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876950-Consequence
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1876950
Consequences may be hard to bear at times.
“He has not spoken to me since we left the last village…”
“I wish I could tell you why…”
“I wish he would tell me why…he has not even looked at me…”
         I met the blue eyed gaze of my companion; his blond hair fell into his eyes playfully. He looked worried glancing at the cards spread out on our little table. There was barely enough room for the two candles and the cards, we had to place our wine goblets on a nearby stump. His expression looked a little angry.
“He saw you in the square dancing for coins…for that nobleman.”
“I always dance in the square…he knows that.”
“Yes, but you do not allow the men to touch you…to kiss your neck…”
“He saw?”
“I suppose he did Willow.”
“Then he missed my departure. I kicked the man in his tender region and ran to the inn where we were supposed to meet. We were leaving through the back as he was limping in to tell the townfolk about the witch that seduced him…Only to hurt his manhood.”
“You should have stayed…he would have realized what happened and started a brawl…the two of you would be talking now.”
“As well as sentenced to death...”
“True.”
         I pulled my cloak around my shoulders as a cool wind caressed my face. He was holding something back, covering his hand I pulled his gaze back to mine.
“I apologize; I am a bit distracted right now.”
“Is she alright?”
“Yes, she is with him…and seemingly very angry with me…she has me blocked rather strongly.” I opened my senses and caught a glimpse of her thoughts before she shoved me out. I laughed almost hysterically.
“They believe we are more than companions! That is just…ludicrous!”
“Maybe so…now to convince them that they are mistaken…”
“They need to see the truth themselves Drakar…all we can do is hope they grow wise over night.”
“Wonderful…” I watched as he retreated to his tent, he left the cards where they were. They were telling a story about a change in our course. I could not read them any further. I snuffed out our candles and poured our goblets out into the mud. I took the high priestess card from the spread and carried it off to my own tent. They will not be back until after dawn; hopefully, they will not alter it…alone…together.
© Copyright 2012 Willow Blu (willowfox at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876950-Consequence