*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1877039-The-Piano-Superstar
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1877039
What if it's not as it's supposed to be!
Everyone was waiting for the piano superstar to enter the stage; the mayor and his ten guests, the leader of the philharmonic orchestra of the town, the minister of culture and all their loved ones. Finally George Adam stepped on the stage and gave his best performance of all time; great technique, fantastic music and breathtaking charm! As he finished, the whole theater was in silence. He thought: “Yeah! I took their breath away once more!” Giving his most elegant smile he blinked gently waiting for the ensuing applause. No one moved a hand yet!… He was a bit shocked. “Perhaps they did not get the piece is over! I’d better get up and go for a bow”. And so he did but nothing changed. It seemed as if the whole crowd had fallen into a catatonic state. Truly embarrassed, he whispered to himself: ” What’s in the name of God happened?!”  Then he gazed at someone in the front row of the seats, the fifth ravishing lady who accompanied the owner of the theater at that night, struggling to say “For Christ’s sake, tell me what’s wrong!”. A frozen sarcastic look was all he got; And that made his proud, shy inner child go away in a flash and the irate rebel  blood rush to his face in rage .So he yelled tensely: ”What the hell…?” His voice echoed through the concert hall like the sudden gust of a mad wind. Just before it disappears into a hush, a fat white man among the audience, with red chubby cheeks, cried: Surprise…! Then everyone gave out a crazy laughter and shouted: Happy Birthday George!...
© Copyright 2012 Idea Afshar (idea at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1877039-The-Piano-Superstar