*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1877123-My-name-is-Emma
Rated: E · Fiction · Emotional · #1877123
Emma tells the scary truth.
         "I have a secret..."

Those words weren't easy to type.

         My name is Emma.
I live for the arts although I don't really know which art form is really mine.
I can watch the moon and the stars for hours. All alone in total silence.
I drink soda out of coffee cups and I take pictures of old couples holding hands.

Those are the cute things.

         My name is Emma.
I've had three serious relationships. Looking back on them I'm not sure I really loved any of them.
I've broken up with two men and I let one good relationship get crushed to pieces.
Before all this there was another man. He med me nervous. Made me laugh. Made me cry.
We were never a couple. Because of that he never got to break up with me.
Never the less, my heart got broken and sometimes I wonder if it's even fixable.

Those are the sad things.

         My name is Emma.
I'm not sure I believe in marriage, monogamy or "the one".
I've broken hearts. I don't let anyone get too close.
I don't have single friend that knows everything about me.
I push people away so that they don't get the opportunity to hurt me.
I run.

Those are the ugly truth of things.

         My name is Emma.
I find the world a place of uncertainty. Love, a game with rules I struggle to follow.
Life, a mystery that can't be solved.
I try not to show it, but I'm a hopeless romantic.
I find love in so many things. In the arts, the movies, the music and in nature.
I met someone and I saw a glimpse of love.
He makes me nervous. He makes me laugh and sometimes cry, but never intentionally.
I watch pictures of his smiling face when I haven't seen him for a while.
I like him.

Those are the scary things.

         "What's your secret?"

I don't know how to do this I'm scared to death! I don't know what to do!

         My name is Emma.

         "I miss you...."
© Copyright 2012 featherpen (featherpen87 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1877123-My-name-is-Emma