*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1877721-You-Said
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #1877721
This may not be the best because it comes from raw emotion. Hope it touches someone.
you said you loved me; i told you i loved you too.
you said we would be together until the end of time.
i could picture us as two old ladies playin with all of our grandchildren (six children would mean alot of grandchildren).

you said you would never turn your back on me; but you did.
we said no one could come between a friendship like ours; but u let them.
it was not just one person; it was many.

we both know people change.
i just never imagined we would both change this much.
i always hoped we could both have happy family lives.
i always hoped we would have each others backs.

you posted on facebook that you had a surprise for someone but you changed your mind?
i knew what you had planned, and that it was for me.
you let who else was coming stop you from coming to my college graduation.
is that truly a friend?
don't worry though because i had the truly important people with me.

you said i judged you; but i didn't.
i loved you enough to have your back even when i didn't approve.
i never cheated on my other half, but you did; i did not stop being your friend.
i never told you either to do what i tell you to or we would no longer be friends.
you may have never said those exact words, but that is how it turned out.
i never thought our friendship would end like this; but it did.
© Copyright 2012 tmangum81 (tmangum81 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1877721-You-Said