*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1878445-Goals
Rated: E · Essay · Personal · #1878445
Re: personal goals. A light perspective on what many consider a heavy subject.
Personal goals for the next 5-10 years?
I chuckled to myself, “yeah right! How am I going to write about that?” I hadn’t any long term goals really. So caught up in the immediate reality of dealing with the consequences of my past actions, I never made plans for tomorrow. Who knew what tomorrow would bring. One thing’s for sure, I hadn’t foreseen writing an essay in my future. I hadn’t foreseen anything.

Goals? I reasoned to myself…“The many enduring uncertainties of life may find a person in a state of apprehension. This certainly makes the establishment of short term obtainable goals the proving ground vital to the development of superior habits and keynote to the success of future long term goals. By setting personal goals wisely one gains focus, obtains motivation, increases productivity and achieves a sense of accomplishment.”

With that explanation, the greater responsibility of explaining myself ensued. My thinking got me thinking I hadn’t been thinking at all. So what was I doing? Where was I going? Hah! What was I going to do? Having no goals and no direction had left me where?

At the beginning!

Personal goals for the next 5-10 years? For now, stability and sobriety.
To become a stable, sober, contributing member of my community in the future.

A goal, a plan and a paper. A plan that begins within by achieving more immediate short term goals day to day. Today, this essay.



© Copyright 2012 TaraD65 (tarad65 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1878445-Goals