*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1878856-Puppy-the-Kitten-and-the-Origami-Dragon
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1878856
A story about a kitten named Puppy that goes on an adventure (I really have a cat Puppy).
      A tiny kitten lies in a blanket-lined wicker basket. A young boy walks in carrying a large square piece of poster board.
      "Hello Puppy," the boy says, sitting down beside the little black and white cat and petting him.
      The young boy takes the big piece of paper and starts to fold it. Soon, the shape of a dragon starts to emerge. the boy fineshes the dragon and draws big blue eyes on it with a marker.
      "This is Bobby," the boy says, turning to he cat. "Be nice to him." he rubs the cat's head once more before leaving the little living room.
      Puppy lays his head down on his paws and drifts off to sleep.
      Puppy wakes up later to a faint rustling sound. The only light in the room is that of the moon shining through the window, but Puppy's powerful cat eyes have no trouble adjusting to the dimness. Out of the corner of the little cat's eye, he can see the paper dragon's eye start to blink slowly.
      Puppy quickly jumps straight up in his basket. The only moving paper he has ever seen were the crumpled balls of newsprint the boy tossed across the floor for him to play with. Puppy had never ever seen a piece of paper blink.
      The dragon opened his mouth and asked, "What is your name, little cat?"
      "P-P-Puppy," the frightened kitten stuttered.
      "Don't be afraid of me, Puppy," the dragon said soothingly.
      Puppy slowly sat down and curlud his tail around his front paws. He looked at the origami dragon warily.
      The dragon smiled. "What kind of name is Puppy for a cat, anyway?" the dragon inquired.
      The fur on Puppy's back bristled. He was tired of always being teased about his name. "If you must know," Puppy said angrily, " Puppy is a perfectly fine name for a cat. There are dogs named Kitty."
      "No, no, no," the dragon said quickly, "I wasn't insulting or making fun of your name. I was only wondering about your name. It is quite unique."
      Puppy nodded.
      Bobby the origami dragon went over to the window an pushad it open with his hesd. Puppy's eyes opened wide. He didn't think paper was strong enough to open a window.
      The dragon trotted back over to the awed kitten.
      "Climb onto my back, Puppy."
      The kitten climbed onto the dragon's back. Bobby ran forward, jumped out the window, and flew quickly away.
      "Whoa," Puppy breathed, looking down on the rural town in which they lived.
      "It's amazing, isn't it?" the dragon called back.
      Puppy could only sigh happily.
      They eventualy were joined by nine more paper dragons and four origami cranes. They all flew around with one another. After a while, Bobby and Puppy flew home.
      Puppy thanked the dragon for the ride and went to sleep.
      The next day, the boy walked in, petted Puppy, and began to play with the dragon.
      For a moment, Puppy wondered if last night was only a dream. Then, Bobby winked at him, and Puppy knew that it had not been a dream.
      For every day after that, Until Puppy got too big to fly, he and Bobby went out to fly with the dragons and the cranes.
© Copyright 2012 Writer Wolf (writerwolf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1878856-Puppy-the-Kitten-and-the-Origami-Dragon