*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1878900-Green-Fingers
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Draft · Home/Garden · #1878900
A memoir? of sorts. Talking about gardening, green thumbs etc.
What can I say I like gardening? I love planting seeds and watching them grow into matured plants, be it the sweet peas that give us summer blooms or the vegetable and herbs that I love to use in cooking and ultimately eat.



I think it started with the cereal box prizes of all things. The little kits where you could plant a coleus seed in a clear little box and watch it grow. I remember growing them and then planting them in the family garden to watch them grow more.



I also remember the nasturtiums in backyard of our house in Everett, I loved how the leaves could collect the water from rainstorms or the morning dew. Then there was the cherry tree in our yard from which we hung the tire swing. And the few cherries we got from it. The birds got most of them.



Then the last few years I have tried growing herbs from seeds in the little nurseries you can get at the gardening or hardware stores. I have been somewhat successful, though a number of them have died. Dried up, drowned, or fungus. I have tried my best to balance things out. I even remember one success that we planted out in the garden, a chevril. I used it in my breakfast eggs sometimes but the plant got too big and we tore it out.



Maybe next year I'll try heirloom tomatoes like green zebra, purple cherokee, and Blank Prim. Or I could just go tot he nursery and get the plants themselves. They would do good now that it has warmed up here.



© Copyright 2012 aurel_ian (aurel_ian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1878900-Green-Fingers