*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1879277-Choosing-Chaos---Feather-chap3
Rated: E · Other · Young Adult · #1879277
Akyo has bin asined to kitchen staff,Shinta is bound to be there, what will she do?
                                Choosing Chaos – Feather

I was sent to the Kitchen by Sakura to start my second shift. I wisent to thrilled about it since id be a server who’d have to go out and face all of the guards, and that included Shinta.
“Akiyo I need you to put this apron on and take a tray” Jack the chef said putting trays full of food on the counter and then holding a white apron out for me.
  “Alright “I said taking the apron and putting it on.
“Something bothering you?” Jack asked
  “Eh, just don’t want to be a server” I said tying the back of the apron. “At least yr shift will be shorter then if you were cleaning”
“True” I looked up at him and he handed me a tray full of food.  All of the servers started to fill out of the kitchen with there food and went into the dinning room. Hesitating I finally started to move out of the kitchen. The dinning room was full of noise, all the guards were speaking and the servers were moving around the table asking what food each of them would like.
I filed in behind a boy with black curly hair and begun asking what guards would like what. I hadn’t spotted Shinta yet but I had spotted the guard he was with earlier. He didn’t seem to notice me but it wouldn’t take long until I reached him. I was already half way around the table. Maybe my food would run out and id need to go refill it, coming closer to him I had no such luck my tray was still 25% full.  “Sir what would you like” I asked keeping my eyes down. Turning tords me he recognized me,
“Hay there little miss” a few of his friends also turned tords me.
“What would u like?”
  “Maybe a little of hat your hiding” he said with a sly smile.  My hands gripped the tray and I wanted nothing more then to hit him with it.
“He will take some of each kind of meat” a voice said behind me.
“Hay there’s my buddy Shinta” hearing his name my body tense.  And it took a few seconds to gain my voice back. “Is that what you’d like sir?”
  He laughed and said yes. I quickly put what he wanted on the table and hurried on ignoring Shinta’s presence. Getting to the kitchen to drop off my tray I realized the back door was open. My nose crinkled in confusion, and I walked tords the door.  Cold wind and the smell of rain blew in. I grabbed the door handle and went to pull the door closed win something pink cot my eye.  I looked around the kitchen to see if any one was around, no one but that wouldn’t last long. I ran out side and grabbed what I had saw. Running inside some one had just walked in from the pantry in the back. I let-out a heavy breath seeing Jack with a bunch of ingredients in his arms. Win he saw the door open and me coming in he looked at me questioning.
“Were you outside?” he asked putting the stuff down
  “I saw some thing outside and I think its one of the servant girls” I said holding out the pink thing I found. I hadn’t had time to fully look at it. Jack came over and took it from my hand.
  “It looks like Yuki’s hairclip”
“Have you seen her lately?” I asked looking at him.
“No not all day last time I saw her was this morning for breakfast”
Hearing that made me worried, I wisent good friends with anyone but Sakura but I wouldn’t wish ill on any one either.
“Ill take the matter up with the lord, you get back to work I wouldn’t want you in any trouble over this”
I nodded and walked back out into the dinning room.  The servers after getting everyone there food would line up on the walls edge and wait to be talked to or asked something.  No one was helping at the table but a couple servers with water pitchers filling up glasses. So I moved to an empty space between two people and stood there. Shinta had taken a seat at the end of the table, his eyes found me. His stare was intense and I felt like a small ant under it. I turned my gaze to the hall and tried not to look back.
As time went on the guards began to fill out of the dinning room, servers grabbed there dishes and went into the kitchen to drop them off.  Shinta was still at the table, so I went and grabbed a plate and a few other things off of the table and went into the kitchen. Servers were just stacking the  dishes on the side of the counter and leaving so I walked up to jack who was sorting things out.
  “Jack?”
“Yes?” he asked looking at me. “Is it fine if I do the dishes? I don’t want to head back out there”
“I don’t know who the washer is but as long as they get done shouldn’t be a problem, is there some one out there you don’t want to see?”
I nodded and started washing the plates that were stacked.
  “Mind if I ask who?”
“His names Shinta” I kept staring at the water instead of looking at his face.
“Oh, the General that arrived a few months ago”
Hearing general I looked at him. “He’s that high up?”
“Yah and from what I hurd he’s good at what he does” Jack was sorting out the dishes that came in as I washed.  “Why don’t you want to see him?”
“Something from earlier, I just don’t want to see him” Jack nodded in understanding. Silence fell over the kitchen as the other servers finished there shift and headed out. A girl with light brown hair and a little on the short side came in and grabbed a towel and started drying the dishes.
After the dishes were sorted out Jack started putting away the dishes that were dried. The girl started starring outside more and was falling behind on drying them. I thought she mite be seeing something outside so I looked a few times after she did.
Jack noticed to and asked the girl if she was seeing something.
“No just a feeling” her voice was squeaky and high, must have bin a young girl.
It was around 8 win Sakura came in looking for me. “Akiyo, I thought u were a server”
    “I was but I didn’t want to go back out in the dinning room so Jack said it was fine if I did the dishes instead”
“Oh, ok”
“Im almost done ill meet you in the room if you want”
“Aright, hurry” with that she gave Jack a smile which he returned and left the room.
15 minutes later I was done and my fingers looked clammy and old. The down side to having your hands in water for an hour and a half. I said goodnight to Jack and went up stairs to the room. Sakura was sitting on the bed reading.  The feather was next to her, and shed put it on a silver chain which happened to bring the golden glow of it out more. Going to my bed I plopped down on it resting my back on the sheets and looked tords Sakura whose attention had shifted to me. “I put the feather on a chain for u” she smiled and picked it up holding it out to me. I smiled and took it from her and stared at it. She had also put a silver pin on it to keep it from breaking. I smiled looking at it, “Thank you Sakura” I said smiling at her.
“Your welcome”
Looking back at the necklace I examined the feather. The bottom caressed into a curve and was light and feathery and was black as night. “You really like that don’t you” Sakura said.
“Yah, just something about it”
“Hear turn around ill put it on you” she said turning herself and dangling her legs off of the bed. I sat up and handed her the feather and turned around, lifting up my hair.Sakura laced her arms through mine and put the necklace in front of me clasping it in the back.
“All done” I let my hair down and sat on my bed facing her, my finders traced down the feathers body. It came down to mid chest, I couldn’t think of were Sakura could have gotten the long chain from.
“Where did you get the long chain from?”
“I don’t remember, ive always had it nothing really attached”
“Thank you for giving it to me” I said looking at her.
“No problem Aki” at my nickname I smiled at her. “Now get some sleep you deserve it and could use some, you look tiered”
“Ehhh, yah a little.”  I said getting up and grabbing a nightgown. “Ill be right back”
“Alright” Sakura said wile I walked to the bathroom and slid my dress off.  I turned and looked in the mirror at my long blue hair. It was a little ratted and the white of my eyes had bin tinted with red showing how tiered I was. The necklace’s glow got brighter.
“Huh I wonder why it gets dimmer and brighter”
A knocking at the door made me hurry and put my nightgown on. I opened the door and a girl stood there “Sorry to take so long” I said walking out.
“It’s ok” she said walking in and shutting the door. I dropped my clothes in the hamper in the corner of the room, it was starting to get full and I wondered who would have the chore of doing the laundry, that was such an easy job and it got you away from every one.  Moving back to the bed I saw some girls getting ready for bed and some lights turned off.  I laid on my bed and got under the covers. Sakura got up and sat on the edge of my bed and stroked my hair.
  “Goodnight Aki” she leaned down and kissed my forehead and smiled. Every night I went to sleep wile Sakura was still awake shed do this to me. Made me feel like I actually had a mother, even though she was only a few years older I didn’t mind it made me feel important to some one.
“Night Sakura” I said turning on my side and closing my eyes. It wisent long until my eyes felt heavy and I drifted to sleep.
© Copyright 2012 Arianna (starlessnight at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1879277-Choosing-Chaos---Feather-chap3