*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1881077-drip-drip-drip
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1881077
word count 718
Sam stood over her kitchen sink washing a chefs knife. "There, finally everything is clean again" she muttered to herself as she reached to turn off the water.
Drip....Drip....Drip.
Sam looked puzzled at the sink. She could hear something dripping, but it wasn't her sink. She gazed around her kitchen, trying desperately to place the noise. “The refrigerator?” she asked herself as she walked towards it. She gently put her ear up to the frig and her eyes gazed a pond of cream color paint on her floor.
Slowly, she pushed herself away from the the refrigerator. Her eyes widened as she realized her wall was dripping onto the floor. “What the hell, this can't be real,” she told herself. She watched the ripples the paint made, as if they were a rain drops falling into a lake. Sam slowly bent down to touch the paint. As her finger touched the paint it became blood, and receded back up the wall . Sam shirked in horror, as she fell backwards kicking off the floor to get away from the blood soaked wall. She struggled in terror to get back to the sink.
The blood covered wall swirled and bubbled, creating distorted faces. “Samantha, join us” the faces called out to her. Sam struggled, grabbing at the counter to puller herself up. She closed her eyes “your not real, your not real,” she screamed at the wall. She slowly opened her eyes, only to see a blood covered body trying to fight its way out of the wall, Sam let out an ear splitting scream, as she began to cry. Her fumbling hands grabbed the chefs knife “stay away from me,” she pleaded, “go away.”
The faces laughed as blood slowly dripped off them. Sam gazed a the twisted torso of a skeleton, fighting to be free from the wall. As the torso turned violently, blood splattered onto the floor. The figure lurched, grasping firmly onto the wall, and breaking itself free from the other faces. Sam leaped backwards, swinging the knife violently in the air as she screamed. The figure struggled to stay intact, dissolving into puddles of blood and reforming. Reaching its blood soaked arm towards Sam. “Join us” it hissed.
Sam panicked, and threw the knife at the skeleton as she screamed. The knife went through the skeleton as it laughed manically. Sam had nowhere to run, she was pinned on the back wall of her small kitchen. The skeleton grabbed her ankle, causing Sam's ankle to burn. She shrieked out in pain as she fell to the ground. Sam could smell her flesh burning as she screamed. Everywhere the blood touched her it burnt her, as though it where acid. Sam became unable to move or speak, she tightly closed her eyes and waited for the end. As the skeleton pulled its way up towards Sam's face, the air around her became distorted and thick. The air was now cackling and alive with a dark presence. Sam became unable to breath, choking on the thick sent of sulfur and burning flesh. Sam's tear drenched face began burning as the skeleton's head loomed over her own.
She opened her eyes, slowly gazing upon the visage of her death and destruction, manifest within her kitchen. Empty sockets returned her gaze. A mouth dripping blood returned her silent shriek. Its face fell upon her's, and she was transported into a nightmare of hellish pain and agony. Each passing second, a year of deathless suffering.
A faint familiar voice echos around her, and the nightmare turns into a vast sea of nothingness.
The voice, now louder, calls out to her causing her to regain her breath. “Sam have you taken your medication tonight?” the voice so tenderly asks. Once again, Sam is standing at her kitchen sink, holding the chefs knife under the running water. Sam looks over towards the entryway to see her sister leaning on the wall, which is no longer covered in blood.“Hello earth to Sam, meds yes or no?”
“No, I need to take them still” Sam replies as she turns the water off.
“Okay, I’ll go get them for you.” Sam listens as her sister walks away. But as the foots steps grow more faint, they are replaced by a steady drip, drip, drip...
© Copyright 2012 luna's mist (heathera at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1881077-drip-drip-drip