*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1881434-The-Deal
by Aelyah
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1881434
A deal gone awry.
He heard a low rustle, and a soft whisper caressed his ear.

"You have to listen to me."

With his hands and feet bound tightly he could do nothing else but listen. The darkness covered his set jaw and the worry in his eyes. He answered with a slight nod of his head.

"The guards are asleep, but not for long. When I cut the ropes run as fast as you can to the forest."

He whispered without turning his head.
"No."

"He plans to hang you before the dawn. You must run."

Hell, if he ran he'd put her in danger, and she'd find out about the deal he made.

Her lips feathered his ear, and he stilled.
"We don't have much time."

"It's too dangerous. We're two against fifty."

Her breath was warm on his ear, and he couldn't help not to lean into it. She withdrew; however, shortly he felt her breath again.
"I shall count to three and cut the ropes. Run."

This time there was no mistaking the kiss she put on his earlobe.

"Wait; there is something you should know."

"There is no time. One... Two…"

"He paid me to bait you here. My free hands would be the signal."

She stilled and whispered but he barely felt her breath.
"Three."

He felt the ropes fall, and a soft rustle told him she was gone.

He didn't move. He waited and listened. The loud pound of his heart hindered him from hearing if she made it to safety. With a curse, he stood and run to the woods. He found the horse and mounted with a heavy sigh. Although he reneged on the deal, they still tied his hands and set him as bait.

He had the rest of his life to prove it.

© Copyright 2012 Aelyah (aelyah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1881434-The-Deal