*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/188161-Our-New-Birth
Rated: ASR · Essay · Religious · #188161
An "angry" take on being reborn in the Spirit of Love, Joy, and Peace Everlasting
When I was born, the first feeling I had was anger. The commonly known reason for this is that we were angry that we had to leave our mother’s womb, a comfortable, safe little place of fluid in which we floated around in ecstasy; we never had to worry about going hungry, either.

But I don’t think for one moment that it stops there. When we experience a new birth in the Spirit of Love, Joy, and Peace Everlasting, we become angry at this flesh on our bodies that covers us with temptation, lust, and a sense of worldly being as we experience lost innocence through worldly pleasures. We become angry at this flesh because it comes into constant conflict with who we really are in the Spirit. We become angry at this flesh because it always tries to make us feel cut off from the Words of the Spirit which feed us so that we would never hunger for food which doesn’t endure. We become angry at this flesh because it’s the only thing that’s keeping our souls from experiencing everlasting love and comfort in the Spirit.

That is why, when we were little, we cried when we were hungry and when our mothers and fathers weren't around. Because as we’re newly born in this Holy Spirit, we know now what and whom we truly hunger for: our place in the Life Everlasting with our brothers and sisters in the Spirit of Love, Joy, and Peace Everlasting.
© Copyright 2001 Stallion (pinoy_celt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/188161-Our-New-Birth