*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1881738-When-I-Look-at-You
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Emotional · #1881738
What I see and how my perspective has changed.
         When I look at you, I see someone who loves to help others; someone who is kind and caring; who isn't judgmental, who isn't selfish. But when i listen to your voice, I hear someone guarded. Someone whose past has affected his present. I hear someone who is lonesome, but can no longer trust. Someone who calls for help, but is ignored. Someone who has given up; someone that can no longer rely on anyone else.
But when I talk to you, you help me. Regardless of the pain, of your past, of the present, you’re...comforting. Consoling. I feel as though if everything will be okay. It’ll all be fine.
         But, so far, I’ve only thought of myself. I’ve only thought of how good you’ve made me feel. How, when I’m with you, when I think of you, the world gets a little brighter, and I feel a little better.
         But I’ve forgotten about your feelings. About how you feel. About how I make you feel. I want to help you recover from your past. To better your present. To satisfy what you’re lacking. I want to be a person that you never want to lose.
I’ll listen to you. I’ll help you when you need it. I’ll be the tree you hold on to during a storm, the rainbow at the end, and the cool breeze on a sweltering summer day.
I want to be…
Your oasis.
© Copyright 2012 Robyn Clarke (reesesandgum at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1881738-When-I-Look-at-You