*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1882888-The-Rainbow-of-the-Storm
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Emotional · #1882888
How does a middle school girl deal with her parents divorce and hardships at school?
                                                                                        Prologue
  I got home from school and heard my parents fighting, once again! It had been the 3rd time this week! And it was only Wednesday! They were fighting about money, how my mother was spending to much money, and that my father wasn't making enough.  It was always about money. Money, money,money...
                    "MOM!" I yelled, she didn't answer.
                    " DAD" I yelled once again, they were so caught up in their fight, they didn't even notice me coming home, or yelling their names! I was sick of it!  I ran into my room and started sobbing.  Finally, my brother comes in and asks what's wrong, even though he knows exactly what's wrong, I just said I was fine.  He held me in his arms with great love,kissed me on the cheek and held me. He knew why I was crying, he always knew when something was wrong, and always knew why.  It's a small world we live in, things spread quickly.  One day, I came home from school, I had a bad day, some girls had called me bad names, they called me fat, mean,curse words, a jerk, an idiot. Of course I was none of those things!!! I came home from school that day, both of my parents were at work, but my brother already made it home.  Our school is pretty small, so things spread fast.  I was crying from everything they had said to me, but my brother was there. He already knew what happened, he was the rainbow to my thunderstorm.  So, that night we just sat there, waiting for our parents to stop fighting, we knew it would be  a while, so he helped me with my homework, and then he made me dinner.  It was a lovely dinner, not fresh but lovely, because of him, he made it and ate it with me, which made it lovely. Then we sat there waiting and waiting, I sobbed so hard, how can you even have so many tears? I could have filled a pond full of tears, but he still sat there, holding me, rubbing my back, and being the best brother anyone could have.  Once again, he was the rainbow to my thunderstorm.
© Copyright 2012 READ+WRITEFOREVER (alicat193 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1882888-The-Rainbow-of-the-Storm