*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1883062-Concerning-People
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Satire · #1883062
Why we are the only living species of the genus homo
Whenever the term mammal is bandied about in society, we are apt to free-associate Willy the killer whale, however we are then limiting the scope of the word into a tiny precept that is largely irrelevant to the grand spectrum of warm, furry, blooded folk everywhere and it is even insulting to our natural dignity, as we are meant to revel in habitats unenclosed by glass walls and unencumbered by facilities for scientific observation, unlike those unlucky blubber coated seafarers who have no delegations of whom can speak in courts of law, or nuclear arms for defense.
The problem with us homos is that we do have nuclear arms. We have supreme court members and we have united nations representatives who speak for the greater good of many nations and consider ourselves to be of a higher order of civilization than the primates or whales of the world. These considerations granted, the question resulting is how far will we go. We are clearly not afraid to spill the blood of our own race or nationality in order to continue our perceived prosperity as a species. It happens everyday in Afghanistan and Iraq as our young men and women are placed in harms way in order to preserve the status quo.
So, what if one challenges the people's rights to...

© Copyright 2012 Anatole Kuragin (washburnkc20v at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1883062-Concerning-People