*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1883117-Writing-your-Grooms-speech
Rated: E · Article · How-To/Advice · #1883117
Step by step instructions on how to write the Groom's speech for a wedding.
In your Groom’s speech do NOT forget to thank your Wife!

Oh there’s so much to remember, this day has been so hectic ‘I can’t believe I just got married!’ ‘OMG, I didn’t say that out loud did I?’, ‘Oh phew, I love her so much, but she would kill me if she heard that.’

Having some pre-wedding nightmares are ya? don’t worry, that’s normal, every Husband-to-be worries that he’s never going to get his speech written, that it’s going to be terrible, he’s going to end up forgetting to thank his new Bride or end up saying something awful that he really doesn’t mean just from the sheer stress of how busy the day has been and how many people there are. Don’t sweat it, everything is going to go fine, your speech is going to be great.

I know this, because I’m here to help you write it, and well, I’m really good at this stuff, in fact they pay me for it. So relax, take a deep breath, you’re going to do just fine.

First things first...Think about your fiance and why you love her so much.

Generally the Groom’s speech is about his new Bride, a little about why you love her so very much and what makes her special to you, how you look forward to spending your lives together, and honestly the rest of your speech you’re going to be thanking all the the people who pulled this wedding together with you to make it the wonderful, beautiful, and lifelong, memorable event that it will always be for you and your soon to be new Wife.

Begin your speech by thanking your new Father-in-Law (Father of the Bride).
He is usually the first to propose a toast, so you could begin there or by thanking he and his wife for being so gracious and welcoming you into their family with open arms. Thank them for their hospitality and making you feel warm and at home. It’s good to add a dose of respect with a small bit of humor about how her father scared you there for a while but reassure him that you always respected his little girl and didn’t want to be on his bad side. Be sure to thank him for all that he has provided at the wedding, especially his consent to marry his daughter.

Go on to thank your guest for attending, all their beautiful gifts and well wishes.


Wholeheartedly thank your beautiful new wife for marrying you, talk a little about how you were lucky enough to meet her and win her over.

Tell her and everyone else why she is the single most perfect woman for you and why you love her with every fiber of your being. Go on to day dream a little about what you hope your future together will be like and how you can see the two of you rocking side by side many years from now (or whatever it is that you can see yourselves doing).

Move on to thank the wedding planners and organizers, for which we would all be lost.


Take note of this next one:

Thank your Wife’s Maid of Honor and Bridesmaids for making your beautiful Bride’s most special of days go smoothly, compliment them that they too looked lovely today and made your Wife’s gown look simply stunning and completed her look beautifully (Don’t over do this one, tell them they are lovely, NOT beautiful, lovely is a good dose of complement but not too much. You don’t want to screw up and make your Bride jealous or worse, suspicious & ruin the whole day).

Lastly but certainly not least give thanks to your Best man and your Groomsmen and all the wonderful support they provided you (do NOT mention the bachelor party)
. Simple anecdotes about how they were there for you when you needed support with any loose ends (announcements, last minute envelope stuffing, finding extra chairs for the ceremony or something) and how you couldn’t have pulled this beautiful event together without them or anyone else’s help for that matter, a big thank you to all of you. Tell everyone you love them and you hope they have a wonderful time.

Now sit down and kiss your beautiful new wife. You did it!
© Copyright 2012 Codi Steele (dandiee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1883117-Writing-your-Grooms-speech