*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1883467-My-Family-as-Flowers
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1883467
My Family as Flowers
Deep in the forest there are different flowers. I think my family is like a flower garden, deep in the forest all growing together in harmony. My father is like a mean snapdragon, so very hard to get along with. I say that because he is always fighting with my first brother, and that is why I say he is so mean. My mother is like a soft, gentle, white lily, so very peaceful. I say that because she is so nice to my first brother, and all the other kids. My sister is like a beautiful, white rose that prances in the soft soil. I say that because she is so beautiful and gets along with everyone. My first brother is a dandelion, because although a dandelion is accepted as a flower it is a weed. I say that because he is still accepted in the family, but at one time or another he has betrayed everyone in his family. My second brother is a chrysanthemum. I say that because even thought he is a hard flower to get along with. He can always make you laugh and smile. My third brother is a shy purple violet. I say that because he is so shy towards me and anyone else who meets him. Now it comes to me I saved me for last, because I am the weird flower in the family. My sister is the first child, my first brother was the second child, my second brother was the fourth child, and my third brother was the last child. They say the third child of the family is the strangest of them all. I am the third child and I am strange. I am many different flowers. Some guys say that I am a red rose with soft petals, or I am a yellow sunflower blowing wild in the wind. Mostly they say is I am a single, lonely, beautiful, white tulip in the patch of the garden. So together in harmony my family sits in our patch of the garden, with no fighting, no yelling, or no hitting on each other. Sometimes I wonder if this is true or if this is a dream that we live in harmony. I sit in my patch of the garden, and wonder if my family are fighting with each other, or yelling at each other, or hitting on each other. I wonder what I should do if this did happen to my family. I would sit there and cry over it, and wish it had never happened to my family. When I seen it did happen to my family, now I sit here and cry, because I seen all the fighting happen. We are still in the same garden, but we are in different patches now, we could not get along with each other. Now we are separated for life…

As the flowers separated they started there own families….

My sister the beautiful, white rose has a husband and two beautiful little girls. Her husband is a strong yellow daffodil. I say that because in so many ways he is different. He is strong, loving, and caring and he is a flower that other flowers look up to. Her two beautiful little girls are baby pink carnations. I say that because they are so sweet and cute. They are so special in my different ways. The energy they have make many flowers look at them wishing they could be young once again.

The white tulip did have a husband once but he is long gone. So I shed the harsh tulip petals I once bore for a long time and became someone new. I burst out of the part of the garden where my ex-husband and his family sat. I twirled around and around and let the sun melt away the old petals and grown the new ones. I stop twirling and took a long look at what I became. A lonely peach rose with thorns of hatred and intensity to become my own self. I walked a very hard patch from garden to garden looking for love in all the wrong places.
Many gardens came and went I grew upset and tired seeing the male flowers treating me the same way. I screamed into the wild parts of the garden knowing that no one will hear my screams and tears. I laid my flower head to the ground and gave up with the men of the gardens. Until I met the one I was always suppose to be with in my life. This is not the part of the story I want to tell. The part of the story I want to tell is my family and how they changed in my eyes. Fore I changed yet again as a flower. The peach rose is not who I am anymore. I feel she was to naïve and desperate to face the truth about her life. So I turned my back on my family and went into a world they don’t belong anymore. As I stood in front of a waterfall I saw myself transformed into a deep shade of a red rose. My petals became my armor and the thorns were long and sharp to touch. I walked a long path and it wasn’t straight and narrow. The man I crossed paths with that I fell in love with will never get a flower story because there is no flower out there that will fit him. Fore he touches me the way no other in my life never did. He is the one who soften my petals and my thorns.
When I changed so did my family with me. I see them way different than I seen them when I was growing up. They hid there true colors and showed them to me when I grew up and moved to another part of the garden. So here is my family new story and I see them now…
My father that I see him as is a red poppy flower. I say this because he is strong but deep down inside him he is falling apart and he hides it from the family. My mother is a yellow sunflower. I say this because all though it is sometimes ugly to look at it can also make itself beautiful when it needs to be. My sister is a pink peony flower. I say this because she has to rule her family life and our family too. My first brother is a wolfsbane flower. I say that because he is still hurting some of the family but at the same time trying to will all his respect back. My second brother is a purple windflower. I say that because he moved away from the family so he doesn’t deal with the drama anymore. My last brother is baby breath. I say that because he still shy but he is also trying to break into his own person. I see them together sitting in the garden tying to pretend to be normal. Pretending nothing bad happens in our family. When they are all wrong and they rather turn their back on everything than face the truth of what has happened to the family. I have tried to be in that part of the garden but I don’t belong anymore. I feel like I need to be free and live in my own garden to be happy.

The End....
© Copyright 2012 Raven Blackheart (drkraven30 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1883467-My-Family-as-Flowers