*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1884605-Thunder-Erupts--W40K
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1884605
Another fan-fiction of W40K
Chapter 0: Into the fray

It has been 3 weeks since the planet renounced their faith to our God-Emperor. And they will be punished according to their unjust actions. When the news of their renouncement was heard by cautious ears. They sent a nearby Astartes chapter to handle the situation. It had regiments of traitorous guardsmen defending the surface along with some heavy-class armaments, enough to faze or even kill an Astartes.

The doctrine of most chapters as stated in the Codex Astatartes is to eliminate the heart of the enemy, rendering the rest of the body useless. This chapter was no different. At approximately the 4th week, the Astartes chapter mobilized; making planetfall with the use of strike cruisers but mostly through their iconic drop-pods.

As they tear through the atmosphere, a screeching noise can be heard by the rapid descent of their pods; so loud, it’s capable of rendering a normal man to cower in fear.

The initial battle was gruesome. No normal regiment is bold enough – or even sane to stand toe-to-toe against an Astartes or survive an impact from an impending drop-pod. The casualties on the heretic’s side mount up to the thousands in mere minutes. Some in their ranks gladly die to make amends for their actions. But most still fought on; in an hour, they managed to organized the remaining regiments that are still unfazed or even still standing and made a last stand on the planet’s capital

The resulting battle was a bloodbath for the heretics. Considering the heretics were no match against the Emperor’s Angels-of-Death. Standing as high as 11 ft tall, modified at a young age to a superhuman degree, they were more than a match for the heretics.
Limbs were torn, blood was spilt and the cleansing of heretics is to be done.

In the end, the chapter only suffered less than two dozens of Astartes while the heretics mount up to a half a million and still counting. The planet is in disarray but the faith in the Emperor has been restored. Until the warp was torn open near the planet and hell was broken lose.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Chapter 1: Incursion from the Warp

The resulting bloodbath induced on the planet is more than enough to attract the attention of the denizens of the warp mainly a World-Eater Warband, servants of the Blood God – Khorne. The World-Eater was a legion who sworn their oaths to the Chaos God and broke their fealty with the Emperor himself. They’re the lost battle-brothers of the Astartes.

This incursion wasn’t expected and left the Loyalist on the surface oddly vulnerable and made haste to establish a strong point on the ruins of the capital. Even with their already enhanced abilities they are of no match against an Astartes blessed by a Chaos God while possessing thousands of years of knowledge for combat. This proved fatal when they tear through orbit to meet battle against the servants of the False-Emperor. The heretics are experes in close-combat, along with their chain-axes; it’s more than enough to slice right through a fellow Astartes with ease.

As Khorne Berserkers emerge from the dust-cloud caused by the drop-pods’ impact. It spiked terror on the ranks of the Loyalist but none shall falter in the Emperor’s name. The Loyalist managed to get pot-shots at the incoming Khornates as they close the distance. But most shots just glanced off when it made contact with their Power-Armours.

What resulted after was brutal close-quarter combat. A Khornate swung his axe at a Loyalist but scraped his armour. He countered back by shooting him point-blank when he missed; but he died shortly after by taking a fatal blow to the abdomen from a chain-axe.
Everything was bloody and brutal; the sight of carnage was awe-inspiring. Dozens of hulking men clad in Power-Armour lay dead on the soil of the planet, one cannot differentiate friend from foe from the littered bodies of the fallen.

Only a few stands, one is the Captain of the 4th Company. A duel ensued between him and a Khornate; the battle was fluid, both dodging the attacks unleashed by the other graciously. The metal teeth of their chain-weapons vigorously grinding on both of their armour when it made contact. But glanced off when they moved afar. Both were equally-matched until the Captain got the upper hand. He unleashed a flurry of attacks that forced his opponents to block. This proved fatal because it renders his torso open to attacks.

Sparks flew as the Captain executed his move; the Khornate was unable to keep up and was unfortunately sliced in half. The metal teeth of the Captain’s weapon easily did the work, told by the messy work it left judging by the amount of blood splattered on his face and armour. The Captain won but at a terrible cost. His entire company was annihilated; standing atop a perch to watch over his battle-brothers as they lifeless on the field. He maintained a stoic face knowing that his brothers’ death was not in vain.

Meanwhile, his brothers in orbit have a very similar situation. Tremors are felt all over the ship as the Chaos’ desecrated ships batter down theirs. Panic aroused on the ranks of their serfs but their lords remained stoic. Exchanging of fire lasted for an hour, both ships are badly damaged. Only one form of attack is left, boarding the opposing ship. Boarding a Chaos-blessed Ship would be suicide, resulting the World-Eater to attack first.

A large breach was detected at the farthest south of the ship, the inhabitants of that very ship mustered themselves to deal with the threat. In the tiny corridors resulted in a very linear fight, the first to strike usually wins which is the case for the Khornates. Their rampage was halted at the middle section of the ship where the space to fight in was wide.

An eerie sound filled the ship, only broken by sounds of screams from afar. The Loyalist hold their line strategically placed to face a chokepoint. As sight of the silhouette of a Khornate emerges, the defenders opened fire on the helpless heretics as bolter fire mowed them down to the very bone.

This onslaught – or fight didn’t stop here. More breaches were reported all around the ship, their numbers far exceed the inhabitants.

+Incomplete+
© Copyright 2012 Jameslyle2 (jameslyle2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1884605-Thunder-Erupts--W40K