*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1885871-Bound-intro
by Maddy
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Detective · #1885871
This is just the intro to my novel, just to see if people like it. Please read & comment!
Bound

Chapter 1
Jacki

         The door leading into the house was slightly ajar. I cautiously pushed it open and passed over the threshold into a dim room. There was something wrong, I realized, as I made my way to the back of the house, something wrong and unsettling. It didn’t help that there was furniture sprawled everywhere and pictures cracked and crooked on the walls. As I passed the photos and was able to get a closer look at them, I realized they were of my friends and me and that my face was cut out of every one of the frames, blood in its place. I came to stand in front of one picture. It was of me and a man I'd never seen before, his arm around where my neck would have been, as if we were old friends. I continued to another picture, this one of my friend Ivey and me. The expression on her face was of sheer terror as she gaped down at my body. Unlike the other photos, my face was not cut out of this one and replaced with blood, there was no need. My throat had been slit, with blood everywhere, my mouth wide open as if I'd been mid-scream, and I was obviously dead. I turned away from the pictures, the hairs on the back of my neck standing straight up as I continued further into the house.

         I reached the end of the hall and pushed open another door, this time one that led into what I assumed was the master bedroom. It was then that I saw a man. He was kneeling in front of the fireplace, his body a black silhouette against the burning flames of the fire, mumbling imperceptibly. He had stopped talking and was beginning to rise to his feet, the muscles in his back rippling, turning towards me. His hair was reddish-brown and his eyes were a light blue, almost like the early morning sky, and he had muscles all over his body. But then his hair would flicker to a dark brown, almost black color, and his body would look frail against the flames. His eyes were black and menacing.

         There was definitely something off about him. It wasn’t just the cross tattoo on his right bicep, or the large tattoo of angel wings on his back. There was Darkness around him, pouring out of every orifice of his body. Even more terrifying, he was smiling at me. It was a sort of evil, sinful smirk, like he was mocking me. He then started walking confidently in my direction and I was frozen in place. The closer he got the more distorted his face became, until half of his face was the black hair and eyes, and the other was the reddish-brown hair and light blue eyes. Just as he was reaching out to touch me, I was snapped back to reality; alone in my bed, breathing hard and drenched in sweat. I glanced at the metallic blue bedside clock on the nightstand, seeing the bright neon numbers reporting that the time was only 4:36 AM. Normally I didn’t wake up until about 5:30 AM, but I was in no hurry to get back to bed now.

         I slid out of bed, my silk nightgown clinging to my chest. I flipped the bathroom light on and was greeted with a horiffying sight when I looked in the mirror.

         My light brown hair was matted with sweat against my forehead and neck. My eyes were bloodshot, as if I’d been crying, and there were dark circles rounding my eyes. Not to mention, my frame looked eerily frail and my skin’s stark pallor contrasted greatly with the dark olive green of the bathroom walls.






If you'd like to continue to read this story, I have the first two chapters finished, both up in my portfolio and I'd love feedback and comments on them! Thank you for reading and I hope you stay with the story!

Here's the first two and a half chapters! (the third chapter isn't quite done yet, but what I have so far is up).

 Bound  (13+)
Team of FBI's who work together to learn of their pasts. Supernatural occurences included
#1886759 by Maddy





© Copyright 2012 Maddy (writeforfun at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1885871-Bound-intro