*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1886025-The-Good-Guy-chapter-one
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Drama · #1886025
Yesterday, Drew unknowingly met his 16 year old daughter for the first time.
He was sitting in his desk, as usual, reading her copy of the Three Musketeers. He never really liked the book nor the story. He wasn't really a fan of Alexandre Dumas or any kind of classical works. This one is just so special. Its hers after all.

It was obvious that the book is being read a lot. Its literally falling apart. He knows that reading a book can't change the past nor can it bring her back, he just want to feel even just a tiny bit of that familiar feeling that he always feel when she is around. He doesn't really have anything else that belonged to her. She doesn't really own many things. He doesn't really remember what she looks like and he was afraid that if he doesn't read the book or if he won't try to remember, even that small feeling of familiarity would eventually fade too.  Never would he let something like that happen.

Of course he did try to find her and he is still not giving up. If only he had her brain, she was always the smart one--

knock, knock. Whoever is knocking obviously wasn't scared of him like his employees. It turns out, its his dad. Something is not right.

First of all, his dad never comes to the office. Second, he's happy. That is a very bad sign for him. Things are not going to go well for him. The old man must  be up to something again. He always is. And lastly, there is a young brunette following him. CLOSELY, he might add.

Of course if you are in his position and you saw your dad so happy for the first time after your mom passed away a long long time ago, wouldn't weird things enter your mind too? The girl is young. Very young actually. She has chocolate brown eyes and a slim body. Her hair reaches up to the side of her mouth and her hairstyle is what people call the "Apple cut". He can't call this girl mom, that would be so weird.

His train of thoughts was interrupted by his father's hand being waved in front of her face.

"This is Mai. She is the daughter of a very good friend of mine. She will be working here for you as your new assistant". Said the old man.

"I just hired a new assistant so-" .again he was rudely interrupted

"Oh you mean the one I just fired?" Added his father.

"Well looks like i do need a new assistant after all, Well welcome to the company Mai!"

"Okay then I have somewhere else to be,Drew please take care of Mai."

"Will Do, Dad"

Ok Bye!.

And the old man has graciously left the room, leaving a brown haired, Brown eyed girl staring in to an almost identical pair of Chocolate brown eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*----------------------------------------------------------*---------------------------------------------

"So how did it go?" said  the man sitting in the sofa.

"I don't think that this is a good idea. What do you plan to achieve by doing this?" said the one standing near the window.

"I know what I'm Doing. Drew is my son. I know him better that anybody else. He will eventually figure it out." said Xenon

"Exactly, He will figure it out and then what? Wouldn't you be angry if something like this was done to you?" .Lan said.

"All these years Never once did I hear Drew mention his daughter.  I doubt he even knew the kid turned out to be a girl. This will fix things. Lan"

"How?" .Lan said.

"Well, based on my experience, a father would always be drawn to his children even if he doesn't know that they are his. Same thing with Drew. He would eventually get close to Mai to the point that he would regret not wanting her. She is a brilliant girl. Her mother raised he well."
 
© Copyright 2012 perizzocul (darcyl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1886025-The-Good-Guy-chapter-one