*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1886327-Happiness
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Experience · #1886327
The definition of Happiness.
Happiness...
I pick a word out of a hat and landed with this shit.
Of all the words available in and out of the dictionary of Webster's.
Happiness is what I have to make gestures to.

Happiness...
Well for one it comes in small doses.
Recycled plastic bottle caps and drinking water out of garden hoses.
The sea being parted by Moses, having a family member come out of a 5 year comatosis.
Seeing the face of the girl you love after you rat tat tatted on her window, sneaking out to the night's bellow, making her scream with pleasure in the drowning mellow.
Receiving a "Hello" on the first ring, feeling all confident after a midnight fling.
Tap dancing on rooftops and learning how to sing.

Happiness...
While that's not everything, it is everywhere.
Just finding it is the hard part.
It's funny how assumptions can become consumptions of your Happiness.
Blasphemous and attractiveness contradict to the point where your head is on the edge of caving in and not stopping until your heart is broken...or the other guy wins.

Happiness...
Being smacked as shit, Driving Miss Daisy while gripping a shotgun out the window which stares at a world that seems to have forgotten you.
Begotten you to climb down the rabbit hole which Alice fell down, weeping with the headless beheaded by the Red Queen.
Coming out of the scene, staggering and slipping, praying to go back to the dream.
Your mouth filling with a lostful distaste.
The cutest grinning smile seems to be erased from the chalkboard.

Happiness...
An area of expertise soon to be released in Blu-Ray high definition DVD.
So that everyone can see that they need to shut the fuck up.
Happiness is just a word that doesn't mean shit.
I'm tired of seeing Facebook statuses that say "Oh I can't be Happy", "Oh my life is too damn sappy.", "I can't make it to my $20 an hour job because I didn't take my nappy".

You can find Happiness in anything.
Now, it might not be a nice car, a super model, a god damn Edward Cullen lookin mothafucka, a 3 story house with 6 dogs, 2 cats, and a jumbo gold fish named BoBo, a guy that can dance, a girl with big boobs, a chick that will go down on you, a guy that will go down on you, a whole field of marijuana, a million dollars, a guy who can write poetry, a guy who can sing, 2 million dollars, etc.

Happiness to me are the things that make me say...well, nothing actually.
Happiness to me is when a smile comes to my face because of something so damn simple.
Happiness to me is when i recieve a kiss, instead of just giving one.
Happiness is just...the state of bliss that seems to come back to memory during those times of depressed Reminisce.
Happiness to me is just a word that doesn't have one definition, but a connection to each individual soul around the world.
Making someone someday stand up and say, "Hey, I'm happy...and today is my day!"

And every morning since THAT day.
I've woken up in shambles and a state of disarray.
Blind to the world.
I can't press the record button, so instead I hit play.

I listen to the video of me saying, "Today is my day!"
and realize I am not Happy.
But instead, away from all the bullshit people have to say.
Creating my own definition of happiness.
Equaling something more wonderful than being happy.

I cannot say the word, because it does not exist.

But all you need to know is there's one place in the world.
And two sets of lips.
© Copyright 2012 Brunhofer (mattbrun at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1886327-Happiness