*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1887165-Modern-Elementals-Part-One
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Teen · #1887165
What started out as an role-play between friends and has grown into a world of it's own.
Hello! :D Welcome to the world of Modern Elementals. Before you give this a look, I would like to bring to your attention that there are three writers here, the paragraphs that are from the point of view of either Matrias, Rozzland or Tyler were written by me. This has been copy and pasted from where it was created with little editing done inbetween, so typos and mistakes will be common I am afraid. Nonetheless, I find it to be a collaboration to be proud of, and hopefully something you will find to be an enjoyable read. :)


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He sneered at Topaz, that bossy ass tone of hers getting to him."You think thats going to hold him?" Tyler asked, setting his pal down in the chair. He froze the limp boy to the spot, leaving only neck up out of the cocoon of thick, hard ice.  /Soon, Man. Soon you`ll be safe./    Red caught his attention out of the corner of his eye and he turned to really get a good look at It. The reason Marth betrayed him. The person Marth picked over him. Thoughts of rage whirled though his head. His beautiful face twisted in hate at the girl. Just as soon as they awoke, she would bleed. He promised

Topaz sat down to wait. She would wait, she would wait forever for Marth.

Math's head lulled forward, slowly starting to regain consciousness. His eyes moved under his eyes lids, but he didn't open them. He felt sore, stiff, and cold, really cold. By instinct he tired to move only to find he couldn't. Gorggily he tired to open his eyes.

Tyler had just grabed hold of Rozzlands shirt collar when Marth began to stir, Rozzland her self still completely out of it, going though being knocked out while in the Collars paralyzation phase had caused some damage to the brain, nothing that wouldn't eventually wear off, but moving a great deal would be a challenge for at least the next 24 hours, starting from the time she woke up.

Topaz smir ked. Let the games begin.

With a heave of effort Marth forced himself to lift his eyeslids. His vision was blurry. He could only regconize three people shaped shadows. He mumbled somehting inaudible.

"Time to wake up Marth." Tyler said, his voice an interesting mix of excitement, affection and hate. He sent some water through Marths lips, helping him to wake up.

Marth sputtered, and coughed on the unexpected liquid. Hearing Tyler`s voice made his eyes open fully, starting to focus. The first thing that he could recgonize was a familar head of red hair. "Roz...?"

"Yes, that's right, it's your little lovey bitch," TOpaz said impatiently. "You will understand later, but first, a little fun." Topaz smacked her lips and pulled out a pair of scissors.

Tyler's grip tightened on the redheads shirt, the fact that her name was the first thing out of Marth`s lips responsible. "She can't hear you, Man." he said, holding back a snarl.

"Is she awake yet?" Topaz asked impatiently, waiting. "Please wake her up. Water or, whatever."

"The stupid firecunt should be awake soon, and water can only do so much." He growled, but as they spoke Rozzlands eyes began to flicker.

"There we go," Topaz sighed. "Thank you." She strode up to her. "I'm going to cut your hair, first," she hissed.

Marth was taking deep breaths, trying to understand what was happening. "Stay away from her!" He demanded, weakly struggling against the ice. His eyes glowed with rage, "Topaz, if you..." he trailed off only his glare remaining.

"If I what, darlin'?" Topaz laughed. "You'll thank me later."

Where was she? Topaz? Marth? What the hell? Rozzland managed to raise her head a bit, but everything was a fog. She tried to speak, but that was useless.

Tyler was shaking with loathing, his eyes switching rapidly between Marth and the thing in his hand. "Don't you see Marth? We're going to free you from her, show you she`s nothing more then a useless whore, then you're going to become one of us." He said, voice on the edge of insanity.

"First, though, a trim." Topaz smirked. "It's getting a little long, don't you think?" Topaz grabbed a lock and snipped in, very close to the scalp.

Seeing Roz raise her head made Marth's eyes lightup slightly. "Roz..."He almost sounding like he was begging. When Topaz cut her hair Marthlet out a weak protest, his fierce gaze not matching up with his voice.He looked at Topaz with hostile narrowed eyes. When Tyler spoke hiseyes darted to him."Shut up Tyler." Marth's voice was still weak, as was his continuous struggle with his ice prison.

"Down, wench," Topaz growled. She shoved Roz's head down. Then she grabbed another chunk of hair, cutting it so close she drew a thin line of brilliant blood.

To Rozzland, only her name stood out of the swirls of sounds. And it was she way her name was called that scared the shit out of her. She struggled to get her feet under her, hopefully leading to standing, but nothing so far was very useful. The shadows were gone too. She felt their loss like someone had ripped her in half. Fuck. She flinched when Topaz cut her, but her focus improved a tiny bit.

Meanwhile Tyler's eyes narrowed to slits "You know maybe he's right Topaz, God knows I like something to hold on to when I give a good ass fucking. Leverage, you know?" Tyler cackled, on the verge of snapping right in half.

"I'll leave you some," Topaz promised. She snipped all those pretty red locks away, leaving only inches left to grab. Scrapes dotted Roz's scalp by the time she was done. "A hair dresser I'm not."

Seeing the blood made Marth struggle even more. "Roz," His voice hadbecome only slightly louder between his ragged breaths. He seemed to be exhausted even by the slightest movement. Talking even seemed to drain his energy. Whe he heard Tyler's words it seemed to take the last of it out of him. His shoulder's slumped and he stopped sturggling."Tyler..." His voice was horse and the way he spoke made him sound similar to a wild animal.

"Yes, there Marth? You need something, some water maybe? I was thinking that I would give her some too," He grabbed Rozzland by what was left of her hair, causing a weak hiss of pain to make it through her lips. Tyler threw her across the room, the girl hitting the wall close to where Marth was with a sick crack. Tyler moved again for her as soon as she slumped to the floor and rammed her head on the ice that held Marth down in front of him, causing another cut to leak crimson from Rozz's head. "so you could hear her screams better, you know? That sound like a plan, Marth? I know it hurts now, but you`ll see, this is all for your own good. You need to know what if feels like to feel weak and helpless, you need to know that everything that happens to her, you could have stopped, you could have saved her Marth!" Tyler giggled, those baby blues almost black with insanity as he repeatedly smashed she head against the ice, her blood splattering a bit. Sharps sounds of pain ripped from Rozz, but her body was failing her, she couldn't defend herself. "But once she's out of the way we can be together again, just like when we were kids Marth!"

Topaz watched her companion go insane, a smile on her lips.

Marth eyes seemed to dim, seeing, smelling, practically tasting Roz`s blood so close to him. He didn`t know if he was shaking from the cold of the ice or the sick feeling causing a turmoil through his body. He wanted to called her name again, but found his voice wouldn`t coperate. Her hurting, mangled image seemed to hold his tongue. Marth shut his eyes, hoping to find his voice again.  "It'll never be like when we were kids Tyler." He whispered in low voice.

Tyler began to twitch "Don't say that. Don't you dare say that! Don't say that to me! You are the only good thing! The only thing!" Tyler's hands went for Rozzland`s pants, but the twitches and the shaking made ripping them off impossible. Roaring with agony and frustration , an icicle blade formed in Tyler's hands, as sharp and solid as if it was made with silver, Tyler attempted to removed the pants but ended up just ripping through flesh. Tyler let out another roar and just started to stab. At this new wave of pain Rozzlands eyes, which had been half closed in fury and pain and loathing now snapped open wide, and for the first time she cried out  as the blade sliced though her and hit the ice underneath the held Marth, cracking it a bit with each blow. If Rozzlands blood had splattered before, this was bursts. Rozhad been though pain before,but nothing compared to this. Never without her shadows with her, saving her. Her eyes dimmed, but not before finding Marth's eyes, his face so close to her own. Blood gurgled out of her mouth, and she went limp, only the energy from Tylers blade keeping her body up, staring Marth in his eyes.

Marth couldn`t say anything. He felt his limbs get even heavier,his eyelids ddin`t seem to want to stay open any longer to see...this.But they stayed open, because they didn`t want to say goodbye, not yet.Gritting his teeth together in desperation, Marth stiffled a sob, his eyes were ready to overflow, tears then ran down his cheeks. Tyler didn't seem to be there for a moment. A moment in which Marth could still hear Roz's voice and see her eyes narrow angrily at him. But then he came back. Still shaking, trapped in his ice block, Marth bowed his head, finally closing his eyes. "Roz..."  He whispered, begging like a whining puppy.

The sound of Marths voice stopped the slaughter. Rozzlands body slid away from Marth, down to the floor in a crumbled heap. Tyler let the blade hang at his side, breathing deeply, body covered in blood he stood, his blue eyes no longer human, no longer elemental, no longer Elite. Humanity was gone. Well, most of it. "There Marth. It's dead. I killed It. You're safe now. We can be best friends again. Just like when we where little." Tyler said, like it was simply a matter of freeing Marth now and he would love Tyler again, and they would build forts and wrestle and Marth could even be number one again, Tyler didn't care, he never did.Just so long as Marth was his best friend, Tyler could never be alone, never be useless or stupid or a waste. The boy started to shake,  sobs exploding from him now as tears cleaned away some of Rozzlands blood from his face. He fell to his knees, at the base of Marths ice cage, his tears hot against it's cold. He looked at Rozzland, her eyes still open and the sobs deepened to moans. Marth had to love him now. Please.

Topaz covered her smile. "Tyler, get up," she commanded. "Quit being a baby."

Still sobbing, Tyler obeyed, staggering to his feet. He gave a hard sniffle and stared at Marths crying head, instantly composed. "Rozzlands dead now, because you weren`t strong enough." he started, spiting Its name. Tyler now leaned in, his forehead touching Marths "Everything that happened, your fault. How does that feel Man?"

Marth took a deep, slow breath and looked at Tyler with sad, tired eyes. "I feel like I don't want anything to do with you." His voice was quiet, and scratchy.

"You say that, but you dont mean it. We`re best friends, remember?" He grabbed Rozzlands body her slightly glazed over eyes aimmed at Marth "She got between us, and her bloods on your hands  now. If you had agreed to joinning the Elite, you cold have stopped us, your power would have been so great." He said, Rozzland still in his hands as he touched foreheads with Marth again

"That was years ago..." Marth muttered maintaing a monotonous, empty tone, he winced when Tyler made Roz's dead gaze look at him. Not wanting to look at Roz, Marth looked at Tyler, "You're the one covered in her blood." He took a moment to think about what to say next, "I don't think  my "great power" would be able to handle this.. thing." He turned his head to the side to signify the collar. "And I'm locked in this ice. I..." Might have been able to save her, he decided not voice the last part out loud.

"You`ll be my best friend again Man, you just need time to see how I saved you." Tyler lightly kissed a still tear stained area on Marths face, but it was more brotherly then romantic. "You underestimate yourself, and the whores blood? Spilled in your name. I just did what needed to be done." He smiled at Marth, crazy black eyes twinkling with happiness. He was still completely off the deep end.

Marth bowed his head, feeling sick, he didn't want to look at Tyler's twisted face any more. "I don't want to be your best friend. Why can't you understand that? I don't want to be in the Elite either. I want, I just want..." Marth was starting to break down again. Fresh tears running down his face.

Tyler cocked his head, his forehead still touching Marths and both his hands on either side of Marths face, those black eyes like an animal whose witnessing something strange for the first time. "What do you want?" he asked, forcing Marth to look at him.

"I want Roz." Marth stated, weakly looking into Tyler's eyes, the normal blazing emerald a now dull green.

"Ypu want Roz?" Topaz screamed. "You want that stupid bitch?!" She tossed Tyler out of the way. "LOOK at me. I am gorgeous. I am strong. I am everything a male wants in his girl! WHy do you want Rozzland?"

Tyler lay where he had been shoved, but he raised his head to see what was going on. But it was the same way an infant will watch something, eyes blank and not a whole lot of thought going on. His body was putting in effort just to make sure he remembered he needed to breath.

"That's only what you belieive, Topaz." Marth's voice dropped low and it held more affirmination then his previous weak responses had. He seemed to almost sneer Topaz's name. "You're the stupid one." There were no more tears in his eyes, all remaining of them were the wet streaks down Marth's face. His eyes still didn't have their original glow, but around them, from a mixture of tears and anger, were bloodshot red. He stared only at Topaz, not kowing if he could stomach looking at Tyler.

Tears began to streak down her cheeks. "How could this happen?" she whispered brokenly, and collasped to the ground, weeping softly. A soft glow surrounded her as she continued to cry, trying to comfort her.

Maybe it was Marths mounting anger that had started to rise in his voice. Maybe it was Topazs fallen form. Maybe both. No matter what it was, it made something twitch inside the blood soaked boys head, triggering another mood change. It was Tylers turn to take over, "What Marth thinks he wants doesn`t matter. It never has. It`s only because you`re so special to us Marth, that all this effort went into trying to make you want what we know is best. What you want is slaughtered and laying in a pathetic, broken, pile of shit at your feet. I should know." He let out a chuckle, on his feet now. He ran his crimson stained hand through his rouge dyed hair and gave Topaz a swift kick to her back, his version of telling her their work wasn`t yet done. "Yes Man, all this was just us treating you with favoritism." His hands rested against either side of the ice, staring down Marths bloodshot eyes with his own shining narrowed pair, smirking just a bit, " You see, it not written anywhere that someone has to want to be an Elite to be turned into one. And, even if it was, I`m having a real hard time giving much of a damn nowadays. Our routine is doing whatever the fuck we want to whoever the fuck we want. You`re becoming one of us, Man." The smirk deepened and he grew closer and closer to Marths face from his dominant higher angle with each following word, " You`re. Going to. Become. Exactly. Like. Me."

Topaz raised her salt-streaked face. "Yes," she hissed, her golden eyes flickering with a deadly light. "Do it."

"The hell I will!" Marth snarled, struggling with more strength against his ice prison. His swung his head in every which direction, hoping to keep Tyler and Topaz at bay until he could get out of the ice or it would melt. Roz was dead. Becoming an elite and losing to her murderers would be like betraying her.

Topaz lept up, and, with ferocious speed, grabbed his head to hold it still. Her strength held it in place. "Do it, numbskull!" she growled at Tyler.

Tyler reached for the Collars control pad behind Marths head. He started to press and turn in the combination that would unlock it, and give Topaz the chance to turn Marth. It would all be over in the next few minutes. Well, almost. It would take a long bit of time before Marth was an official Elite, fully becoming an Elite was not an instant process. But starting the process was. Just a touch from Topaz was all that was needed. And Tyler had never heard of the start of the Elite transformation being stopped before finishing and reversed.  No way.

Marth spat, snarling some curses as he struggled against Topaz's strength. He flexed his muscles through out his body and felt some weaker points in the ice surrounding him. Even without his elemental powers, Marth could feel some physical strength that Roz`s death had revived. It wasn't long before there was a shallow crack through a portion of the ice. His breath was coming hard and fast.

Topaz saw the crack and growled, hastily blinding Marth with a flash of light only he would be able to see.

Tyler had already put in the combination and now the Collar just finished unhooking from Marth’s necks. He was free, and Topaz could, finally, turn Marth. Then, the Rat.

Being blinded set Marth off. He suddenly felt energy rushing back into his limbs thanks to the release of the collar. Fire spread across his body rapidly, melting the ice with a furious hiss.

Topaz grabbed his head again and clasped a hand to his forehead, concentrating. "I'm sorry, dear," she whispered. She let a line of fire race from her hand into his face, making him one of them.

Tyler watched as Marths rage burned clean through the ice, and how Topaz willed the process to begin. Finally. Marth would be in pain so torturous that nothing else even in his darkest of nightmares could compare to it for a long while, but it had at least started.

Pain erupted through Marth`s limbs. He lost his new strength for bending, all the fires along his body promptly went out. With the ice now longer supporting him, his body fell limply forward, barely staying on the chair. His muscles gave twitches that he couldn't control due to the pain. His breath was in short ragged gasps making his muscles burn for oxygen. Sweat formed on the back of his neck and on his forehead, dampening his already wet hair. Between his sharp breaths involuntary groans of pain escaped his throat.

"It will be alright in the end, my love," Topaz murmured.

Topaz`s murmur echoed through Tyler as he stood over Marth, those beautiful dark blue eyes, tainted, flickering, the boys emotions shattered and twisted. He was in Hell, sanity only a distant feeling. Nothing was right. Everything was perfection. Ecstasy coursed though his veins, despair the pulse that directed it. He thought of the beautiful boy who lived next door, green eyes filled with life and passion. Tyler loved him. He loved him enough to destroy him. To destroy in the name of keeping him safe. Tyler loved the little boy next door. But that little boy was dead. Tyler had tortured him with every pain filled breath the girl had managed. Stabbed him as he stabbed her. Murdered him when she cried out in agony. Sent him to hell when her eyes glazed over. Tyler saw that now. But, now was too late. His best friend was dead, and it was not her, but his blood that coated Tyler’s body. That had dripped from splatters on the wall. Then a memory played in the back of his head, not of the beautiful boy next door, but of the beautiful boy with a promise. No more abuse, he had said. Power, he had tempted. Freedom, he had teased. Love, he had lied. Silk snow hair, soft purple eyes, smile that comforted and laughter that chimed. Devils Prophet. Evil Man. Demon Rat. Matrias. He would die next. But first… With a sadistic jerk, Tyler had thrust Marth into the upright position; hand on the upper back of Marth head. He moved like a serpent, watching for a heartbeat, predatory look in his eyes as then he lunged for Marths gasping lips, tearing into the unguarded flesh with the kiss, bestiality roaring through the act. He grunted with satisfaction and pulled back with the same inspired speed, licking his lips where Marth`s blood lingered, indomitable blue eyes unmoving with those suffering green. It was a bitter taste that the blood gave Tyler, his twisted goodbye kiss too vulgar to suit how he felt for the boy he killed, too misleadingly hungry for how he felt towards the broken man before him.

Marth faintly heard Topaz's soft voice over the sound of his own heart beat pounding in his ears. It was becoming harder to breath, and he could taste blood in his throat. The slight tug on the back of his head was barely registered in Marth's brain. It felt like nothing compared to the random explosions of pain rushing through out his body. His vision became blurry, but he couldn`t close his eyes. Muscles weren't responding correctly. Another weak pain errupted from what Marth thought was his mouth. The pressure didn't bother him nearly as much as the fact that he was now unable to breath through his mouth. He couldn't coordinate himself to pull away, stop whatever it was and enable himself to get some air. The oxygen from his nose alone didn't pacify the burning from all of his confused muscles.  The pressure halted as soon as it began. With a strangled choking cry, Marth again gasped with sickening intensity. Even when being able to breath the air hardly seemed to make a difference as the pain escalated. Marth released an unvoluntary low, single-toned moan.

Topaz glared at Tyler, but refused to move her hands from Marth's face. "You will not live," she hissed to the blonde.

Tyler let out a chuckle, staring her down through his navy eyes. ?You really think I care? You can`t threaten me, no one can. Not any more. Now, call Matrias. It`s time to kill the Rat.

Marth's mind was too preoccuipied to even follow the conversation. Right then, all that his brain understood was the ever present pain.

Topaz wretched her hands away from Marth's face, breathing hard. "It is started," she whispered, and lunged at Tyler.

Tyler grabbed her mid lunge by her wrists and rammed her against the wall, a wild grin on his face. "Uh uh uh. Not yet you dont. We have an oath. The Rat first. After that, I really just dont give a fuck anymore. Call him."

Glaring, Topaz pulled out her phone. "Hey, Matrias, I know you have a tracker on my phone, come to where I am, it's urgent, bye!"

Matrias had not enjoyed how she said `I know you have a tracker on my phone` but right now, that didn’t matter too much. Topaz never called for help. Ever. Concern quivered in his chest, but he suppressed it. Worry was never something to waste when alone. And there had been a 'bye' at the end of that call, so she had to have at least a bit of control in the situation, correct? Matrias looked down at the family, a small boy of about ten and his parents, a mother with a panther fur coat that matched her own hair and a richly redheaded man. Later, it seemed, their deaths would have to occur. With the speed of light Matrias found the abandoned shack, the sent of blood thick. There was something very wrong here. Tyler was near along with Topaz, Matrias could sense it. There was something else, too. The start of another Elite? Matrias eyes narrowed as the cold feeling grew in his stomach. Still another feeling pulsed to him from that shack, the weakest of them all. To faint to even be sure it was there at all. Matrias called out Topaz’s name aloud, confident enough that he could take whatever foreign enemy might respond. And if this enemy wasn’t foreign? Matrias wouldn’t let himself think of that.

"In here, Matrias," Topaz called out calmly. "There's something for you to see, I believe."

The feelings roaring and churning inside him, Matrias went for the door in light speed. He reformed, hand on the doorknob, and turned, and pushed. And everything he had ever believed was about to come to a sudden, unforgiving stop. If only he had known what was waiting for him on the other side. Maybe, then, things would have been different.

"Surprised, Matrias?" Topaz smirked, striding over to him, her long legs sashaying. "You shouldn't be. It's been up for a while now."


He took her comment to mean that the blood had been up a while.  Odd that some wild animal hadn’t come by already, looking for food. "Surprised?" Matrias asked eyes focused curiously on the blood stained, sneering Tyler for only a moment, the boy just grabbing his attention then. "Perhaps a bit,"  His purple eyes, holding a bit of disappointment, moved back to Topaz, a snowy eye brow ever so slightly arched. He held his gaze for only a moment though before walking over to Marth, concern plain on his face. "I would have not expected you to be so careless.” The Elite leader pressed his palm against the other youths head, -Tyler, twitched at this from across the room- feeling the pain that ravaged his already broken frame. Light elementals had differences from those who controlled water, earth, fire and air. The ability to read people, feel their pain, connect with complete strangers. These were all things most light elementals seemed to come by naturally, as much a part of their nature as controlling light was. Yet, Topaz hadn’t noticed that with the mental and physical condition this boy was in, going through a process as merciless as become an Elite, especially in such an improper manner could only result in death.  Though, Matrias mused as he let his light seep through the dark haired boy’s white skin, he too had lost almost all the said abilities that his breed were supposed to carry. He was currently unable to decide if he should try to reverse the Elite formation process, a laboring task, one that he had personally discovered recently and guiltlessly kept secret, knowing that he was the only one strong enough to pull it off anyway. The white haired man pushed the light deeper, exploring, seeing if there was even still anything left to save of the boy, or if killing him would be the kindest option. To determine this, in the quickest but an unfortunately somewhat draining way, Matrias would have to make what Topaz , if not also Tyler, had hoped would become his newest charge oblivious to the unearthly pain, and see if he was anything more then a vegetable. This, he was doing now. Matrias considered this persons personality, his previous thoughts regarding how Tyler and Topaz had obviously worked hard to start this transition from elemental to Elite. That, in all honestly, might not be a good sign. Matrias had also noticed that this boy did not have any open wounds to speak of, besides a small tear on his lip. Yet, he was splattered in blood. Everything and everyone was. Yet, no one seemed to be bleeding. Matrias guessed at least seven quarts had been spilled, ‘at least’ being key there. And it was dried. So, someone was dead. But he would worry about that later. As he worked, something was flung to the front of his conscious, only behind his work on limiting Marth’s pain and keeping tabs on his bloodstained teammates. The sudden image of himself, so, so much younger then he currently was, hulled over a small, redheaded girl, dulled fear on his tear stained face. If not for the fact that death had been a consistent part of his three years of life, he would have been terrified they were forcing him to have to witness death yet again, even if the life was only of a stranger. Now though, only the nature of his element brought the tears. He would tremble whenever someone was left bleeding on his stone floor, not wanting them to die, not wanting to have to watch. When other people had been brought in, more corpses then anything, they had always been adult, always with some horrible wound that was still pumping life blood from them. He had taken to scrunching himself against the farthest corner of his cell, tiny hands over his ears and his eyes squeezed shut, every now and then a tear leaking out or a sob breaking from his mouth, despite his best efforts to simply not exist. Matrias had always had an understanding about death and life, his maturity even then abnormal. He knew he didn’t want to die, but he didn’t want to live either. He just didn’t want to be. When they brought this girl in, it had been different. This girl was different. Not only because of her lack of serious wounds, or the brilliant, new color of her hair, but because she was the only other child he had ever seen. He had watched her; the only movement in the room after the exit of the adults was his small chest rising up and down. Then, slowly he had moved to the position he was now. He studied her, head bent over her own, their bodies forming a right angle. In a numb effort to wake this foreign creature he reached out his hand to touch the girl. At the first brush of skin against flesh, her stubborn, unyielding sprit flooded through him, causing him gasp, hand flinching back, just away from the ivory skin. Dark brown eyes hazily opened, meeting his wide green. They were like that for just a heartbeat, a heartbeat in which Matrias had not been able to breathe. Not for the same reason though, in as why he also couldn’t the next. The redhead had blinked in the same unhurried way she had opened her eyes, while at the very same time something wrapped around his throat, pressing him against the back of the cold wall with a fury and made him scramble and claw against the stone. He had watched through quickly clouding eyes as the girl rose to the sitting position, stretching on her way up, yawned, used lethargic speed to rub the bottom of her palms against her eyes and, finally, turned her head towards him. He struck out his arms, gasping for help from this horrible thing keeping the air from his lungs, black and white dots now in his vision. She had an uninspired look in her eyes as her hand rose straight out towards him, still at a groggy speed, and her open palm suddenly snapped into a fist.  Then it all went blank. At the time it was because lack of air, while now it was just far as the memory went. Matrias had to admit, he hadn’t really been jumping for joy at the memory. He thought he had control over his mind by now, but, apparently, he was incorrect on that. Even in this way, She could slip through his armor. But, what had triggered that? Again Matrias pushed this thought to the back of his head, almost finished with repressing the boy’s pain. When he was done, he was expecting that the dark haired male could move, but only weakly. The Elite leader had allowed enough pain to subside for whom he had found to be a fire elemental, to at the very most, be able to light a candle. If he focused. If of course, this person was alive enough to do much of anything at all.  One last thing that Matrias gave thought to was, even with the distraction of his memory, he had picked up on that pure, uncontrolled rage was the last major sensation to fill the boy before pain. The question of whose blood coated the inners of the room rose again, only to be pushed aside. The purple eyed light elemental knew he would find out, sooner or later. Now he removed his hand, completely done with what needed to do. Overall, the time spent between Topaz’s greeting and this moment was around three minutes.


Something was happening. An alien force seemed to be intruding Marth's mind alongside the pain he was struggling to fathom. The force slowly got stronger and the pain weakened in response. He didn't care as he felt the force explore each corner of his mind and consciousness. His secrets, his thoughts, he emotions were laid exposed and all Marth could comprehend was confusion. The pain, it had convinced him he was going to die. But he was torn. He didn't want to die, to leave his parents and the world as he knew it, but then he almost wanted to die to. His world had changed so much so fast. The friend he once knew was now a stranger, a stranger who couldn't be reasoned with and would resort to violence without a second thought. The girl he had refused and pushed away with such ease months ago was now forcing him to submit to her will with brutality he never knew she was capable of. The one person that finally captured his attention in a way no other girl had was now nothing more than a still body with it's life long gone. If he did die was he going to be able to see Roz? If he didn't die, would he ever be able to settle back into a regular life style? Marth didn't know. The force, as slowly as it had started, began to recede. Pain still resided, but at a significantly less intensity than Marth had originally been experiencing. His limbs were no longer so heavy. His muscles now under his control. Marth was back in control. It was weak, but it was there. With a strong exhale, almost a weeze, he forced his green eyes open, wide, alert, and confused. He took a slow breath as his vision came into focus.


He was touching him. The Rats glowing hand was against the face of what had been the most precious thing in Tyler’s world. And it was changing him in someway. The pain that had radiated from Marth’s slumped form was pulled back, eased by the Rats light. The blood coated youth cast his eyes from the dark haired boy to the white, heat bubbling fervent in his core. The tone that had been in that god dammed creature’s voice. The way his satanic, purple eyes had looked at Marth. With-with concern.  How dare him. How dare he act like he cared about Marth. Marth was his. His his his!  His to care about, his to save, his to touch! Tyler was meant to appease his pain. Not the Rat! Not the Rat! It didn’t matter that he boy next door was dead, it didn’t matter that it had been Tyler himself that had killed him. If Tyler couldn’t have his Marth, then no one could have the new one either. That was the only thing that mattered. He had almost moved then, ready to charge at the other male when Matrias’s hand pulled away from Marth’s face. Navy eyes widened as Marth’s body clamed, his green eyes opening wide. What had the Rat done? How was Marth able to move again? How come Tyler hadn’t able to do whatever was done? Suddenly, that didn’t matter.  He took back your control. The desperate, whispered hiss came from the back of the blonds head, seemingly without a source and quickly silenced all other thought. He’s taking back what you’ve done. He’s taken away the only way you could have been forgiven. He’s being the one who saves Marth. Now there’s nothing left. No way to redeem yourself. Marth will never see how this was supposed to end. All he knows is that you caused the pain. And he’ll hate you for it. Always.
Tyler’s body, which had tensed and grew stiff, now relaxed. Light elementals weren’t the only ones whose element affected them mentally. The clarity had that cut through the water elementals jumbled, crazed mind previously returned, and his thoughts grew collected. So that was it, hum? His last chance, stolen. Well well well. That did seem to be the case. As confident as Tyler was that the Elite turning process could not be ended, just the simple fact that Marth now knew it could be controlled to the point where the pain was so minimum had indeedy just sent Tyler’s plan to hell. A little smirk curled the murder’s facial features. As lost as his own chance at happiness was, so was Matrias’s and this Marth’s.  Blue eyes lighter then normal now inconspicuously went to a certain, currently unnoticed corpse, the ugly thing his trump card, before glaring back to Marth and his savior. Screw happy endings. Everyone would break today.

The boy was defiantly alive. Matrias watched as the fire elemental regained control of his breath, his limbs. Topaz and Tyler hadn’t yet opposed, at least not in a distracting manner, to his attempt to correct their mistake. That was appreciated. The haloed man stood out in front of the waking boy, a pleased look upon his handsome face. Though he spoke nothing; the speed at which his green eyed youth was returning to conscious reality was note worthy. Matrias guessed he was seeing a bit of why his comrades had chosen this boy to become an Elite. And, perhaps, he would. But not now. It was clear even with Matrias’s seemingly successful effort to control the explosive process; it would be the end of the male in front of him if allowed to run its course. “Welcome back.” Matrias said, ease in his tone. So long as boy could prove he was functional, he would qualify worthy of the reversal process. Matrias had to confess, he was hoping this fire elemental could move and speak not just for his sake, but to perhaps shed some light on just what was going on.     

Topaz turned her light, fiery eyes onto her leader. "How dare you!" she screeched, and what a sound! Like waves crashing against linoleum. Face twisted by anger and revulsion, her mind similarly warped, Topaz, with a squeal like a furious cat, launched her agile body at Matrias' shoulders. Before he could react, they were on the floor, Topaz whirling her deadly, long, pointed fawn-painted nails towards his jugular.

An unfamiliar voice spoke to Marth. It felt as soon as he was able to determine its source, a just as unfamiliar man, Topaz apparently attacked the man. His throat felt dry and he could feel the slight ache in his eyes from recently shedding tears. The people around him suddenly seemed far away. Carefully, Marth experimented and attempted to flex his muscles. It took some effort, but he could. Gingerly Marth tried to turn his head and use his neck. Besides being slightly sore with only minimal sharp pains it worked perfectly fine. Rapidly he began to look around. His now wide green eyes searched. Something felt very wrong. He had thought he was going to die, but here Marth was, alive. Had she been saved, too? Marth couldn't suppress the hope that Roz was somehow living. Marth couldn't find her with his searching eyes. "Roz..." Her name spilled from his lips in a quiet voice, his mouth moving quicker than his thoughts. 


To Be Continued.....
© Copyright 2012 ShadowCarney (shadowcarney at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1887165-Modern-Elementals-Part-One