*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1887186-A-Day
Rated: E · Short Story · Friendship · #1887186
about friendship and life
A Day

Jessie and I were childhood friends. We grew together in the same poor town and had been classmates from kindergarten to high schools. I could call her as my closest friend maybe not best friend because we had different interest at heart. She was always involved in self-sacrificing services and charitable activities while I was always present in socialite activities or elite parties, which I clammily belong.
I always had thought of rescuing her from her life of drudgery .And her taste the glorious life of mine; shopping, clubbing, partying, outing and all the teenage fun.
As the town’s Christmas party was about to come, I’ve decided to start my mission. Under my expert guidance, Jessie “see the light”. She would finally update her closet and cosmetics. She would learn to spend more time on herself. After all, she was young for those old-age activities and giving much of her time on it, would mean losing half of her life.
To make it all happen, I had convinced her to spend a girls- day out with me. I let her select the day for it. She chose Friday, a day before our town’s Christmas Party. Perfect for me; Friday night would be so much fun, colorful dancing lights in the clubs, loud and rocking music, which tend to popped out your eardrums, drinks from mild to hard and boys with all kinds, plus the mega sales on the malls.
She was waiting when I pulled into her drive. She dressed her usual Sunday dress, a pink and white floweret, with her long-crimson hair hung around her shoulder.
I went out in the car, we hugged, and she heartily urged that we will use her old rattle trap car. I had no choice but to go with it. You couldn’t dare to argue with Jessie, her wide dark-brown eyes showed sincerity and innocence. So, we rode quickly in her smelly and noisy vehicle, laughing, talking and singing mtv’s top songs. While were on our way, I told her about my plans on Christmas Party and so with my plan on having a house party. I entertained her with stories of my busy love life and in between, in spite of the bumpy ride, I wrote out lists of all the things I wanted to do and the things I needed to buy that day.
When Jessie stopped the car, I noticed that were in the middle of clustered houses. The place was not practically healthy for I could smell the rotten garbage everywhere and the dirty filled river. Jessie immediately jumped out the car and hurriedly went into the mini hall where lots of people were unloading packed foods and arranging tables, chairs and utensils. I was about to drag her out when we were caught up in the mass of dirty, smelly remnants of humanity milling around. To my disbelief, she called them by their names, said hellos. It seemed that she knew them for so long. Then sweetly asked me to help to give the packed-meals to them .I was furious,” My friend has brought me to this God-forsaken place, just to serve this futile and society-problem citizens”. My hands were trembling as I hand them their lunch.
I did not know were it began, but slowly I learned to appreciate their existence. I began to feel happy and fulfilled upon giving them, one by one, the small things they needed. I could see in their eyes the true meaning of gratitude and happiness even for a simple thing.
We never went to malls or clubs that day. My mission to save and change Jessie was forgotten; instead I was the one who was changed Jessie with her small tricked on me was God’s gift. Through with it’ I felt the sweetness of being a God’s blessings to others.  Now I bravely claimed that I am God’s beloved daughter by heart and soul.


© Copyright 2012 ghemela (rheabsn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1887186-A-Day