*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1888028-Trust-Me-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Other · Romance/Love · #1888028
a love story
I awake to banging. I lay there with my teeth chattering trying to wake up. Why am I so flipping cold? My feet feel like ice, my teeth chattering as I snuggle under the covers to try to get warm. Then I hear the banging again. Dammit. I throw back the covers thankful I had worn my sweat pants to sleep last night and pull on a hoody over my tshirt. It is freezing in here. I hear the bang again and as my foggy brain starts to wake up I realize it must be Brett. Shit! What time is it? The clock beside my bed is dark. The house is dark. The power stat! Shit! I forgot to put some money on the power stat. I run to the door and open it seeing Brett standing there shivering, looking hot in jeans and a leather coat. His breath leaving smoke in the air. He glares at me and walks in carrying two coffees in his hand. I close the door to the frigid air and turn to face him.
"Shit! It's cold in here! What happened? Are you having heat issues?", he looks at me concerned.
Ugh. He won't understand and I don't want to hear it from him. He doesn't understand money issues. He tries the light switch, notices the black unlit clock on the stove and then turns to me with narrowed eyes. "Did somebody neglect to pay their electric bill?", he asks quietly. I half wonder if he's trying to save me the humiliation as he looks away and reaches for his coffee. He hands me mine when I don't answer. "Whose name is the bill in?" he asks not looking at me.
"Mine.", I answer softly taking the coffee and warming my hands on the cup. I notice, I too, am now breathing smoke standing in my own living room.
His face looks pained as he looks at me and says,"What's your last name?" I laugh then. After yesterday he doesn't know my last name and it strikes me as funny.
"Lane. Bailey Lane. Why?"
He shrugs his shoulders and says, "It's something I should know don't you think? Now go get ready, We are going to be late." He looks at me then and I see the irritation plainly on his face. I grimace in my shame but turn and walk briskly back to my bedroom. I hear him walk outside as I open the closet door. I'm pulling the too big jeans on as it hits me what he's doing. Oh, Bailey, you idiot! He needs my full name for the electric bill! Dammit. I leave the jeans on the floor and run to the window peeking to see him pacing back and forth on the porch. Sure enough he's on the phone. He sees me watching and he glares at me pointing to his watch. I run back and stare at the jeans on the floor. I sink to the bed in horror that Brett Corbett is paying my electric bill and all I have to wear are Brandon's old clothes. I start to cry then as shame and humiliation hits me like a ton of bricks. I cry as I brush my teeth. I keep my sweats on, at least they fit, and pull on one of Brandon's old hoodies. I square my shoulders, I can do this, I think as I put my hair in a bun and pull the hood over my head. Taking a cleansing breath I slip on a pair of tennis shoes, grab my bag of supplies. I'm out the door in five minutes but just as I'm shutting the door the power clicks on.
I walk slowing to the car sipping my coffee. I don't look at him as I climb in and shut the door. I'm too embarrassed. He starts the car but we just sit there.
"I don't like the thought of you freezing in that house all night.", he says softly reaching for my hand.
I look at him then and he's looking at me in the oddest way. I'm not sure what it means but it makes me feel better instantly.
"Thank you.", I whisper. He leans forward his eyes on mine and kisses me softly on the lips holding me there for just a minute. He pulls away then and turns the heat up full blast. Taking my hand in his he backs out of the driveway.

"So is your car in the shop?", he asks once we're driving down the road.
I laugh. "If I had a car I wouldn't be able to afford to put it in the shop." I shake my head at him looking at him like he's stupid.
"You don't have a car? What about I phone? I haven't seen a phone, a cell phone, nothing like that."
I sigh then. He doesn't understand how hard it is. I have to pay for my school, my food, my electric, everything. There's not much left for a car or phone.
"No phone?", he asks angrily.
"We aren't all born with a silver spoon in our mouths you know!", I hiss back.
"Bailey, you need a phone. If anything happened you wouldn't be able to call for help! You are back there in the woods, nobody around! No phone. That's just insane!"
"Look, I'm trying to save for a car. I need clothes, I need food, I don't have the money for a phone ok?"I say exasperated. Dammit. I'm doing the best I can. Get off my back.
"I'm buying you a phone. End of story.", he says with finality.
"I don't think so Corbett. I don't need your charity.", I'm pissed now.
"Too bad. We're going to get you a phone this afternoon. Then we're going to get you some food for that house and that's final."
"No."
"Yes."
"You've already paid for the current to be turned back on! Please don't do this!", I'm starting to panic. I can't pay him back! This is stupid!
He pulls the car over on the side of the road puts it in park and then looks at me, his mouth says he's angry, his eyes say he amused. I am bewildered. We are definitely going to be really late to class. I sigh, cross my arms and prepare for war.
"Bailey, you have to have a phone."
"I will. Eventually. I've been fine so far without one."
"Bailey, I want to do this and I will even if you don't like it. I am going to get you a phone and food. Period. End of story.", he is adamant and irritated.
I bite my lip as it threatens to start trembling.
"Why won't you accept the help graciously and stop being a pain in the ass?", he said his frustration mounting.
"I can't pay you back.", my voice is small as I stare out the window mortified.
"I don't want you to pay me back. I don't need you to pay me back. I can do this and I won't feel the slightest pain in my bank account. Trust me, this is no big deal."
"Well, it's a huge deal to me!", my voice is louder than I meant it to be.
"Yeah, well, too fucking bad.", he snarls and pulls back onto the highway. There is no more talk as we ride to school and he turns up the radio to Rob Thomas singing about not wanting to be lonely anymore. Oh he's singing my song. I don't want to be lonely anymore. My thoughts turn to last night after Brett left. He seemed to take the air with him as I watched him pull away. The loneliness had draped itself around me like a cloak threatening to choke me. As I closed the door behind him I had sank to my knees and cried like I haven't in so long. He had shown me just how lonely I was and I didn't want to hate him anymore. I wanted to be in his arms. He had brought life to that prison I had called home for a little more than a year. He moved me in a way that even Brandon hadn't. So he wanted to help me. What did that mean? Was he feeling the same thing? I glanced at him to see his jaw set firm like he was clenching his teeth, his sunglasses hid his eyes, he sighed and glanced at me running his index finger softly down my cheek as Rob sang "what if I was good to you".... I closed my eyes as the words rained down on me. Brett took my hand and squeezed it as he pulled into a parking space. We sat in the car until the song had ended, just sitting there dazed I guess. He turned the car off and was reaching for the door handle when I said quietly,"Okay."
He nodded his head and smiled back at me,"Good."

We practically ran to class but we were really late. He opened the door quietly walking in but the teacher saw us anyway and I knew we were in trouble when I saw the anger on her face. I had always liked Professor Stewart and I hated to see that I had something to do with her being that angry. She wasn't far from our age, she was hip, cool and frankly gorgeous in a girl next door kind of way. She glared at Brett and her voice was chilling as she said,"Mr. Corbett, so nice of you to join us. Please take your seat." She glared at me her nostrils flared but surprise was clearly on her face as I slunk to my seat hiding under my hoody. I saw Brett hesitate as he walked to his normal seat, looking behind him to find I wasn't there. His eyes found mine and he stood there for a minute like he wasn't sure what to do.
"Mr. Corbett! Is there a problem with your usual seat? If not please find it and sit down." With one last glance at me Brett turned back to her, anger radiating off him, as he sat in a different seat several rows away from his usual spot which was up front and center. She glared at him, lifted her chin and began the lecture again.
Finally class was over. As I gathered my things to leave, I heard Ms. Stewart sat,"Mr.Corbett I would like a word with you please." I watched him move gracefully down the stairs toward her, all the girls saying hello to him, as he swam against the current in his decent. I was now stuck waiting on people as they filed out and so I watched their heated exchange my curiosity peeked as I noticed how angry Ms. Stewart was and how cold Brett was. My heart slammed in my chest as I realized this wasn't a student and teacher exchange I was witnessing, this was a lovers spat. My heart fell to my feet just as her eyes met mine. Pure hatred starred back at me causing me to shudder in it's wake.
"Can I help you with something?", she snapped maliciously. Brett turned to see who she was talking to, his eyes narrowing when he saw it was me.... still standing there. My face flamed...I had been caught.
I held my head high, smiling as I responded as sweetly as possible, "Just waiting for a break in the line." pointing to the line of people blocking my way. Brett's glare bore into me until I bolted into the aisle almost knocking over one of his usual fans. I heard her say,"Excuse you!" before I could make it safely out of the classroom.

I had fifteen minutes until my next class so I walked swiftly toward the building where it would be, found a bench and sank down on it. Brett and Ms. Stewart. Unbelievable. I pulled a book from my backpack and pretended to read it as I wondered what that meant. Well, it meant he was a player for one, I knew that already. It also meant that I was his latest victim. I know how he is why did I think for one minute that he would be different with me? So he's given me two rides home, paid my electric bill, wants to get me a phone and some food. That means that he has taken pity on me or that I'm his hooker. Does he see it as a way to pay me for sex? Do I care? I'm truly not quite sure and that makes me sick to my stomach. I put my head in my hands, ah, I'm so angry with myself. I should tell him to go fuck himself. But I don't want to. Considering the fact that I am betraying Brandon and Brett, both, is another sickening thought. If Brett were to find out who my number 1 actually is he'd dump me like a hot potato. And Brandon? He would never speak to me again. Oh who am I kidding? I haven't spoken to Brandon in way too long. I'm lonely and it's just sex. It's incredible, mind blowing and earth shaking sex and quite frankly I don't care what Brandon thinks. I'm so sick of waiting for him. Where is he? Why hasn't he come for me? He said he would and that was so long ago. Did Brett have anything to do with Brandon's disappearance? I sigh heavily as I walk to class. I haven't seen Brett and I wonder if he'll be there. Will he notice that I'm in another class with him? What will he do when he realizes I'm in all of his classes? A chill runs down my back as this thought hits me. But wait, I didn't plan that. But would he think I had? Paranoia seizes me as I slump in my seat. I'm so confused. Where is he?
He saunters in ten minutes late. The professor raises his eyebrows at him but says nothing. Brett seems lost in his own little world. He normally attacks this professor on most everything he says but not today. He takes notes but is silent. The professor seems a bit off kilter himself when he doesn't have to explain his every sentence to the umpteenth degree and the class ends thirty minutes earlier than normal. I head to the library avoiding Brett, I'm not ready to see him. I'm afraid of what he'll say, afraid of how he'll look at me. His narrowed, glaring eyes are the last look he gave me and they seem to burn into my brain making me nervous and jittery. I think I was better off hating him. At least then the narrowed eyes weren't directed at me.
I eventually make my way to the lunch lounge knowing that this is where I'm going to see him and my stomach is in butterflies. I walk in and see him there surrounded by his fans but he doesn't see me. He's distracted by this blonde chick with huge brown eyes. He's laughing with her and my heart sinks to my feet. I get my lunch which is chicken salad, crackers and of course a pickle, grab a water and head to a table in the corner. Not my usual seat which is directly in front of him only several tables away. I take a book from my backpack and pick at my food glancing in his direction occasionally. He's still talking to the blonde and he seems very happy which is unusual for him. He's never this smiley with anyone. I watch his eyes search the room and I drop my gaze back to my book tucking a curl that has escaped behind my ear. Glancing back up I see him hug blondie and sit back down to eat his lunch, once again his eyes search the room until they land on me. He scowls at me but I look down to my book. The room is loud but I hear the sound of his chair scraping across the floor. My heart starts to speed up. I nervously grab my pickle and take a bite out of it keeping my eyes firmly in the book. He pulls out the seat in front of me and sits down pushing my book down. I glance up at him.... Oh surely it is a sin for any man to be this beautiful, my breath hitches at the sight of him. His leather jacket is open revealing an oiled blue spray dyed button down shirt with denim like seams. It's expensive and it shows. His eyes are vibrant and curious as he looks at me.
"How ya doin' Pickles?", he says softly, amusement crossing his face for a second as he realizes I once again have a pickle in my hand.
"Oh I'm good, how are you?"I say pointedly, quickly chastising myself. He doesn't need to know I care.
He flinches, wrinkles his nose and scratches his head and my heart flutters. Oh what is this? Does he care that I'm a little ticked off? Nice!
"Bailey, that had nothing to do with you.", he says eventually a little too sternly for my taste.
I sit back, cross my arms,"My professor glaring at me like I'm the enemy seems very personal to me Brett. Am I going to fail my grade because I was seen with you?"
He puts his head in his hands in frustration. He looks away from me blowing out his breath like he's trying to keep calm. I just stare at him with my arms crossed and look at him all matter of fact. Actually the thought of me failing because of him hadn't occurred to me until I'd said it. Score one Pickles!
"Alicia isn't angry at you Bailey. She's angry at me. You have nothing to worry about.", he says quietly with mock assurance.
I laugh bitterly then and roll my eyes at him,"Her response to me still being in the room while she quarreled with her lover says something all together differently I'm afraid."
His glaring eyes bore into me. I stare calmly back, trying to keep my anger at bay, I am succeeding. Finally he sighs and shakes his head.
"What do you want me to say Bailey? Yes. I've slept with her. That has nothing to do with you. I ended it today. Is she pissed? Yes. Does she know that you and I were together last night? No. She doesn't. Okay?"
In response to his revelation I glare at him and take a bite out of my pickle. He smiles the sexy smile at me. I will not be won over that easily. He's just revealed that he's had an affair with one of my professors. Jealousy burns in me. I knew he was a player and I knew that he'd slept with lots of girls. I even knew who some of them were but our professor? Did he ever sleep? Good grief.
"Why?", I finally manage.
"Why what?", he asks warily.
"Why her? Why did you end it?"
He sighs and does the whole looking around the room breathing through his mouth bit. He's ticked again. Well, join the club mister. It's not easy liking a player ya know.
"Why not?", he finally answers with a wicked, stop your heart smile, as he takes a cracker off my plate and stuffs it in his mouth, with his eyebrows raised. I roll my eyes at him again and just stare at him like he's not the hottest thing that's ever sat in front of me.
He reaches forward grabbing an escaped curl and twirls it around his finger looking up at me all sexy like. I flush and my body does the whole betray me thing. Oh he knows what he's doing. It's so unfair to be a woman in his presence. My breath hitches as my eyes close on their own and I feel the familiar flush light up my cheeks. When I open my eyes he's smiling at me. He knows. He knows what he does to me.
"Ah Pickles it's kinda hot that I'm the only one in the room that knows what's under all these clothes.", his voice is silken and it shoots down to my groin causing me to gasp. He just smiles the knowing smile as his eyes stare blatantly at my chest and his finger twirls my hair. "Beautiful.", he whispers licking his lips his eyes still on my chest. My breathing is becoming more shallow. How does he do this? He stands and takes my hand. I allow him to pull me to my feet. We throw my lunch remains away and he then leads me out the door . I hear the room quiet down some, people gasp at the sight of us holding hands. He doesn't seem to notice or care. I hear chairs scraping the floor as the door closes behind us.
"What time does your next class start?", he asks draping his arm around my shoulder pulling me closer to him.
"In twenty minutes."
"Mine too. Cool." He leads me to a grassy area under a magnificent oak tree and we sit. He puts his head in my lap as I run my fingers through his hair. Out of the corner of my eye I can see the fans gaping at us in horror.
He looks up at me,"Would you take your hair down?", his voice is so quiet, so unlike him, very timid. I remove the hood and his breath hitches. What is this? He really likes my hair. I reach up and slowly take down the bun. He watches me desire plain on his face. My hair falls just past my shoulders all blonde curls. I shake it out, running my fingers through it to to put some life in it.
I hear someone yell,"Oh wow! It is a girl!" Loud laughter is next. It's like a punch in my face, I suck in my breath and bow my head. He sits up quickly taking my face between his hands and says,"Don't you listen to that Bailey." His eyes are so blue right now, staring into my eyes and I block out the laughter completely as he pulls me to him and kisses me in front of the whole laughing crowd. I hear the hush of the crowd and I smile inwardly as I throw my arms around his neck. He laughs then as he pulls away slightly,"You staking your claim Pickles?"
I grin at him,"It's really nice to have a Prince ya know."
"Oh Pickles, I'm so glad you played the pickle game with me."
I laugh then, my head thrown backwards. Looking at him I ask still laughing,"Which time?"
"Oh Pickles, you better stop that or we won't make it to our next class." He says with a growl his face nestled in my hair.
"Where else would we go?", I ask all innocently.
He looks at me then and I see the effect my words have had on him. His eyes are hooded and filled with raw desire.
I grin at him pulling him closer grabbing him by the shirt,"Do you mean to tell me that just my voice has made you this horny Mr. Corbett?, my voice is slick as glass and I watch him as he inhales sharply.
"Yes.", he answers.
I smile and say,"I seem to recall a time when your voice did that to me as well. Too bad we're in the eye of all your fans."
He turns to look behind him and sees them all standing there with horror on their faces. He glares at them and turns back to me.
"I'm going to kiss you now Pickles. Let them look." He lays me down on the grass and kisses me. It's a sweet kiss, one that we linger over. One that makes my heart pitter patter, one that says "stay".

We walk to class together hand in hand and he seems pleased to realize that we have another class together. His fans aren't sure what to do with themselves with me in the picture, so they stay away which is great for me. We do look odd together, even I realize that. Me with my grimy, lumpy, almost pickle like clothes and him looking all dashing and rich, like a prince. He doesn't seem to notice or care. He seems really into me. I realize then that he's done this before. Strolled hand in hand with a girl only to leave her crying a few days or weeks later. The longest I'd ever seen him with anyone was for only a month, her name was Jade. She was probably the most stunning girl at the school. Jet black hair, blue almond shaped eyes and a figure fit for Playboy. She didn't cry in front of him but I had seen her fall apart several times when he wasn't around. She was not one of the "fans" but she watched every move he made. Today was no exception, I felt her eyes on us as we walked by her, her mouth agape as she looked at me. I wanted to say, I don't get it either Jade but I kept quiet. Who knew how many days I would last? She was in the next class with us and as we walked by she followed closely.
"So do you have any specific phone in mind?", Brett asked oblivious to our casual stalker.
"Whatever you feel I have to have Brett. I won't be using it.", I say adjusting my backpack.
"Oh yeah you will. You'll be texting and calling me.", he said taking my backpack from me. "Good grief what have you got in here?", he asked as hefted over his shoulder.
"I didn't realize you wanted me to stalk you.", I say wryly. He laughs at that and puts his arm around me kissing the top of my head.
"So what's for supper tonight Pickles? No more of that shit you fed me last night. I was starving when I got home."
I heart speeds up as I realize he's going back to my house for some fun later. "Starving for me, I'm sure."
"Baby you know it.", he says giving me a grin that a lesser woman would have lost her footing over.

We sat beside each other in class this time. He ignored everyone except me. They clamored for his attention but he wouldn't even look at them. We all settled down to take our tests. I absently curled my hair around my finger during the test, focusing on the questions. I looked up once and he was watching me. Watching me curl my hair around my finger. It rattled me a little. What is up with his obsession with my hair?

After class his fans clamored for his attention again. He was angry at them, they knew it and they were in need of forgiveness. It was rather sad how he ran their world like he did. He asked me to just meet him at the car so I said sure. As I walked away I could him yelling obscenities about being rude to his girl. I smiled to myself. He had called me "his girl". As I rounded the corner someone grabbed my arm and I looked up to see Jade standing beside me. She was really nervous as her eyes scanned the crowd frantically.
"Hey. You don't know me, I'm Jade, I used to date Brett briefly. Look, you know about Chloe right?" She barely looked at me she was so nervous, I was shocked by her behavior. Who was she so afraid of?
"No, who's Chloe?", I ask feigning innocence, my thoughts went straight to Brandon.
"He was going to marry her but she was killed. Anyway, she had hair like yours. Look her up in the Library. Just thought you'd like to know. Bye.", she ran away. I stood there stock still, my face drained of color. She was killed.......her hair was like mine.......oh God.......what did that mean? Oh Brandon.....OH Brett..... If I didn't sit down I was going to fall down. My brain was swimming, my breath was shallow, the world started spinning as I considered these new facts to that night. Oh Chloe, I'm so sorry. Oh Brett, you are going to hate me but I didn't know, oh God, how could he possibly be capable of that...I sat down right where I was taking slow, deep breathes. Brett rounded the corner to see me sitting there, he was with Scott Howard who I had always assumed was his best friend.
"What the hell?", he said as he crouched down with concern on his face. "You okay Pickles?" Even Scott was looking at me with concern on his face, wow, they both have a heart. Amazing.
"Yea, I'm not sure what just happened. I'm okay now. Help me up."
"Is this your attempt at trying to get out of getting a cell phone?", He asks wryly as he pulls me to my feet.
"You know me so well.", I respond sarcastically.
"Should I carry you?", he asks quietly concern on his face again.
"You'd better not.", I say sternly. He laughs then and throws his arm around me, says goodbye to Scott and we're off.

We stopped at a store to get me a cell phone. He was so into it, asking me which one I wanted, his eyes lit up like it Christmas. I didn't care, it meant nothing to me. What I was starring at was the affect he was having on the lady trying to sell us a phone. Surely she was almost 30 but she was gushing and touching his hand while she handed him phones to look at. I just stood there glaring at her. The nerve, really, seeing me standing right there. Of course, she probably thought I was just a friend, we look so odd together. He finally decides on one, ignoring me, as he makes the decision for me. He hands it to me as we are walking out the store, finally, and says,"Top of the line, baby." as he slips his sunglasses on and grins down at me with one of those stop your heart grins. He's really proud of himself and I try to be excited just for him. I'm a terrible actress I discover.

We head to the grocery store and gripe at each other the whole way through the store. He doesn't like my choices in food. I go for mainly processed because it's easier and I don't feel like cooking for one person. It seems ridiculous to me. He adds to the cart as much as I do. We finally make it out the store in one piece, still holding hands when he grins out me and says, "Step up and hold on." His shades aren't on yet so I see the sparkle in his eyes as he looks at me. He's like a little boy and it makes me giggle. I step up on the bar of the shopping cart and hold onto the handle. He pushes us off, putting his feet on either side of mine and we go flying through the parking lot on the grocery cart. It's so childish but so fun. He's laughing, a sound I don't hear often and I love it.

When we make it back to the house I'm engrossed in trying to figure out my new cell phone. He's really excited about the brand and what not but I don't care about any of that. He has programmed his number in already. We are heading to the house with the bags of groceries when it starts to rain heavily. We run to the porch unload our arms and then head back running and griping as we get soaked. After all the groceries are safe on the porch we start the stripping down process this time however, we help each other, kissing and removing each others clothes right there on the front porch. I am now standing before him naked except for my underwear and I look at the rain falling. It's not thundering or lightning just a steady rainfall. I grin at him, bite my lip, grab him by the hand and say,"Dance with me!" as I try to pull him in the rain. He won't budge. I shrug my shoulders and run down the steps squealing as the cold rain hits my naked skin . I start dancing to my own music, my eyes closed, my chin up, mouth open to catch the rain. My arms out to the side I start to spin in circles until I feel dizzy. I look to see him looking at me with his sexy grin and it takes my breath away.
"Join me!", I grin at him and hold my hands out to him. He won't budge. I start to dance more seductively now, my hands running down my sides, down my stomach, my hips swaying slowly, oh he's tempted now, I run my hands over my hips putting my fingers under my underwear, I can't decide whether to take them off or not but then he's there in front of me, his arms are around me and he's kissing me. He lifts me up and we are face to face, me dangling in his arms, my arms around his neck. He grins at me and throws his head back catching the rain in his mouth. We both start to laugh then.He sets me down leading me in our first dance in the rain. He's a great dancer as he spins me, dips me and we make our way around the yard dancing something like the waltz but I'm not sure really. We are both laughing not believing what we are doing. I see him as he could be have been before the heartbreak and he sees me who I was. We are carefree, just enjoying the rain and each other. It's the most fun I've had in over a year. His eyes are sparkling and his mouth in a smile that I've never seen before, it's almost boy like. He picks me up again and we start spinning until we are dizzy. We fall then in the mud and we are laying there still laughing. We get to our feet and I'm starting to head to the house when I feel something hit me in the back. I turn around and see him with mud in his hand and a silly grin on his face. Oh no he didn't!
"Oh you've done it now Corbett!", I laugh and throw mud at him. He's on me then. Throwing mud at me as hard as he can. I ground it in his hair and his chest. We are painted with mud before he grabs my hands behind my back and kisses me still laughing. It's not a passionate kiss but a fun kiss. Then he throws me over his shoulder and heads to the hose. He sets me down then and turns on the hose. He's sprays me and the water is like ice. I'm screaming and he's chasing me around the yard with it spraying me. He puts it down and catches me trying to haul me back for more but I break free somehow getting to the hose first,I laughing wickedly as I spray him. He laughs and yells because it's really cold, I spray him as he heads to the faucet and turns it off. He walks to me and pulls me into him, kissing me again, the smile still on his lips, we're both still breathing hard from all the running and playing. It's the fun kiss again. The no sex in it kiss and I treasure it.

We are clean, have just finished eating, our smiles still haven't died and are secure on our faces. We clean up the dishes from the meal teasing each other about who won the mud fight. He's wearing Brandon's underwear again but we don't mention it we just both seem to want to stay happy. We are more like friends tonight. Laughing and teasing like we are kids. It's nice. We settle on the couch and the atmosphere changes as our hormones return. He's smiling at me shyly for the first time as I sit beside him looking back shyly.
"Oh Pickles you are a breath of fresh air to me.", he says softly kissing my hand.
"I think today was the most fun I've had in over a year.", I say softly smiling up at him.
"Me too.", he smiles back looking intently at me. He rests his head on the back of the couch, his fingers in my hair. The sadness is starting to ease back and I know he's thinking about her. No! Stay with me Brett. Don't leave, please!
"Dance with me?", I ask hopefully as I walk to the radio and turn it on. The first notes of Bob Segar's "We've Got Tonight" is starting to play. He stands and takes me in his arms. He holds me close as we sway to the music, the words carrying us as it describes our relationship.Is this what he wants from me? I can't help but wonder. Do his plans include me? I know we are both so lonely. Do I need tomorrow? Oh please stay Brett. Deep in my soul I have been so lonely, all my hopes fading away. I look at him and I see the pain in his eyes as Bob sings our lives. It's painful but we hang onto each other. The music picks up and he kisses me passionately. Holding on to me tightly. He rests his forehead on mine as we continue to move, listening to the words again. I whisper the words to him, we've got tonight babe, why don't you stay. He looks at me and his pain takes my breath. "Oh, why don't you stay?", I whisper as the song ends. The song ends and the announcer starts to talk ending the dance. We are both unsure of what to do at this point. Did that song explain his needs to me? Does he think it explained mine? Could I be just tonight? Or did I need more? He sighs then walks back to the couch pulling me in his lap.
"Am I just for tonight Brett?", I whisper into his chest. My fingers in his chest hair.
"Oh Bailey, my heart is in a coffin, in a cemetery, a few miles up the road.", his voice is so soft and filled with pain.
"You loved her?"
"Yes.", his voice cracks then. I put my arms tightly around his neck and hold on tightly. He rubs my back, his face nestling in my hair. I realize my hair is why he's here. I remind him of her.
"Do I remind you of her?"
"Just your hair Bailey."
"Tell me about her?"
I feel him stiffen then. "Tell me about your number 1 Bailey.", he whispers in my ear coolly. Chills run up my back, I'm not sure why. I don't answer him, I just hold onto him tighter.
"Did you love him Bailey?"
"Yes."
"Do you still love him?"
I sigh,"Honestly, I don't know anymore." He left me and he hasn't returned. He said he'd come back for me but he never did. I think I'm starting to hate him.
He pulled me away from him then to look me in the eye as he studying me intently. "Why aren't you sure?", he has this expression on his face that alarms me. I feel the chills again and Brandon's words about Brett come back to me, my heart starts to pound. Don't trust him. Never trust him. He's squeezing my arms a little too tightly, it's almost painful but not really.
I laugh nervously looking away from him but he grabs my chin turning my head sharply so that I'm looking at him again. "Why aren't you sure Bailey.", his voice is caress this time and I relax instantly as desire shoots through me. I stare at his lips, licking mine. I look in his eyes and say, "He left me."
"Why did he leave?", the caress again.
"He said he'd be back, he said he'd come for me but he hasn't."
"Why did he leave Bailey?", the caress again but there's just a touch of chill to it.
"He wouldn't tell me. I don't know where is he. I..." I can't finish because I'm starting to cry now. I'm so confused. I bury my head in my hands and start to sob then. I climb off his lap and scoot to the end of the couch. I hear him mutter,"Shit." He starts to pace the room, running his fingers through his hair like he's trapped in a cage. Then he's on his knees in front of me trying to move my hands from my face. I look at him then as tears stream down my face and he's lost. I can see it. He has no idea what to do and it makes me laugh through my tears. But they quickly turn sad again and he pulls me back down into his lap.
"Bailey, I'm sorry. I have no idea how to handle a crying girl. I'm sorry I upset you. Please stop crying.", he patting me on the back like he's trying to burp me or something. It's truly funny and I start to laugh again.
I look at him humor on my face and say,"You truly have no idea how to handle a crying girl. I will agree."
He smiles shyly at me then and shrugs his shoulders. I have pity on him and decide to show him how to handle it in case I need the help again.
"Stand Corbett.", I say as I stand wiping the tears from my face. He rolls his eyes at me but he stands with his hands on his hips.
"Ok, you are going to be the crying girl. Pretend to cry."
"Sorry Pickles, I'm not doing that." but his eyes are twinkling again.
"You are such a pansy! Fine! I'll be the crying girl."
"You do that role so well Pickles." he's all smiles again.
I roll my eyes and put my head in my hands. He gasps and I look at him like duh! He grins an okay get on with it. My head is back in my hands then.
"Okay, put your arms around me." he does. "Now rub my back, don't pat, oh geez not so hard dufus, slow and soft, ah yes, like that. Now whisper something nice like,"it's going to be okay" or "I've got you" or "I'm here now". He just keeps rubbing my back soft and slow. I sigh and I'm starting to get irritated because he won't say the words. He just keeps rubbing my back.
"Stop crying please, I'm turned on and I want to see you naked.", he whispers grinning.
I pull away and hit him several times in the arm while he laughs and dodges me.
"You are so pathetic." I say smiling as I'm still trying to hit him.
He grabs my wrists and pins me again him. "You turn me on when you hit me like that and I have plans for you Bailey.", He whispers his voice filled with desire. My pulse starts to race. He lets me go touching my lips with his fingers as if to tell me not to speak. He removes his ipod from his pocket attaches it to speakers. Then turns to me and says, "Dance for me Bailey." A song I've never heard feels the room. A guitar, cymballs and harmonica, a sexy beat and I start to move my hips slowly, raising my arms over my head, my torso swaying to the beat as I look him in the eyes as he circles to stand behind me, he grabs my arm running his fingers slowly down my arm to my sides. A voice starts to sing and he's kissing my neck moving my hips slowly, my arm draped behind his head. He pulls my head back kissing me, his tongue invading my mouth slowly. As we kiss he slowly removes my tshirt, then my sweats. His hands pull me against him, and he's moving his hips with mine in the beat of the music. It's just a drum beat now and he's running his fingers down my sides slowly. My hips still moving slowly. The voice is back, the beat just a little faster, his hands are under my panties now removing them slowly with the beat. My bra is off. The music is getting faster now heading for a climax, he spins me around to face him them. "Rock me!" the singer sings the music faster as he pulls one of my legs up to his hips pushing his hips against me. Pulling my hips to him forcing my head back as he leans over kissing my throat, down to my breast. He's sucking my nipples, biting them softly.He pushes against me to the beat. The song slows and he lets me go, circling me again, he's naked now, the music isn't fast but not as slow, he pulls me against him again, staring me in the eye,"you ain't so innocent I know", he mouths with the song. He's kissing me now, our hips grinding with the music, as it speeds up, he's kissing my neck again, my back arched backwards, my hair falling behind me, my breasts are in his mouth again. His fingers on my behind pulling me closer still to him he turns me around then my back against his chest as his hands run the length of my torso, my hips still grinding into his hardness. Oh this song is so hot, I'm on fire. He spins me then with the increase of the music across the floor until I'm against the wall. He turns me around to face him, he looks so hot right now, we are both so turned on. He grabs my legs out from under me and holds me up my back against the wall and he's in me in an instant. Oh we're moving to the song in and out. It starts to slow down some and he's pulling me down on top of him and I'm riding him to the beat of the song. He's rubbing me in my spot. My head is lolling backwards my hair falling down my back. He rolls me over as the song speeds up again and he's going faster, rubbing me again. I come just as the climax hits again. He's keeps going with the song, kissing me. He turns me over on my stomach, lifts my hips and enters me again, the song is fast again and he's going fast in time. I'm rising, oh the song, him, the song explodes and so do I. On the last beat of the song, Brett lets go and collapses on top on me.
"Oh wow.", I breathe. "What was that?"
He grins at me his breath still trying to calm down. "Rock Me. Great White. An 80's band. I could watch you dance all night girl. You are some kind hot when you dance baby."
"That was a four for sure.", I say my breath still coming back to earth.
He looks skeptically down at me, "Only a 4? Are you serious?" He rolls off me, looking at me beside him.
"Oh Brett, you can't have the top 3.", I say softly standing up to gather my clothes.
He sits up his eyes narrowed, his head cocked to the side,"Why the hell not?"
"Because they were too......special. They can't be replaced.", I respond not looking at him.
"What did he do that I haven't?", his voice a weird combination of anger but yet was that envy? I couldn't figure it out. I just sigh and look him in the eye.
"He loved me.", I shrugged and stared him in the eye.
He laughed bitterly then. "How long has he been gone Bailey?"
"We were together for a year Brett. He loved me okay? I'm not sure what happened, where he went, why he isn't here now but I do know that while he was here that he loved me. I knew it in the way he looked at me, the way he talked to me, the way he touched me, the way he held me, the way he made love to me, there were no doubts. He loved me."
"So you could feel his love when he fucked you?", he said incredibly.
I laughed then shaking my head at him, "He told me once that he would never fuck me, that he only would ever make love to me. I didn't know what he meant really because he was my first. But you have shown me the difference. I now know and can say for a fact that he only made love to me."
He flinched like I had slapped him. I didn't mean for my words to have that effect on him but he would not demean what Brandon and I had. I wouldn't allow it. What we had was special and I knew it. He just sat his arms hanging across his knees there looking up at me, watching me get dressed with this weird look on his face. I smiled at him then, dropping the clothes that were still in my hands, all I had managed to put on were my panties. Something about the face he was making made him appear needy, like he was he didn't measure up or something. I didn't like it, that face, I liked it when he was sure of himself, which he always was. How could my words have meant anything to him? After two days? He said his heart was buried, so what was that look about anyway? I went and sat in front of him looking him in the eye and they glared back at me. Ouch.
"You say your heart is buried anyway Brett. What difference could it possibly make to you?" I ask him softly, studying his reaction. I didn't understand but I desperately wanted to.
He looked down starring at nothing. I rubbed his calves slowly up and down. I wanted to hug him, kiss him. He was so beautiful right now. His lips were so red, his hair a mess, still completely naked and somehow wounded.
"Brett you know what I'm talking about surely. You loved her like that right? You know what it means to make love. You know the difference too."
He looked at me then his eyes tormented, he sighed heavily and then pulled me to lay beside him. He rolled over, his hand supporting his head as he looked down at me.He ran his fingers down my cheek, touched my lips, down my jaw, down my neck. He leaned down and kissed me softly, just holding our lips there, while his hand stroked my cheek. It was soft, lovely, it made me feel loved, I closed my eyes as he slowly kissed me again with just a touch of passion, just enough that my body responded. My arms were around his neck, my fingers in his hair. He kissed my cheek, my lips, down my jaw, down my neck. He was tender and slow, loving. His hands glided down my back slowly, making my skin tingle in their wake. His mouth was making it's way down to my breasts slowly, his fingers finding them first. He was so gentle, almost too gentle, I missed the way he would normally tug, bite and pull on them. He looked up at me his mouth over my nipple, my breathing insane and then he got up. What?
"Brett!", I said in outrage. He grinned at me then as he walked over to his ipod, and I heard a very familiar song come on.
"You want love? We'll make it.", he said softly, looking down at me like I was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. "Take off your panties Bailey." I hurry to do that as I stare up at him, the song filling the room. He lays down beside me then, his mouth on mine again. His hands moving down my hips slowly. He was being so tender, was he thinking of her? Was he giving me what I said that Brandon had? Did he think I meant that what we were doing wasn't good enough? Oh I have the biggest mouth. His hands are moving slowly all over my body, as he kisses me slowly, almost torturing me with the tenderness he's showing. My need is intense, I want friction, my body is moving on it's own searching for something to fill it. I fill his erection against my pubic hair and I groan, needing him. But he pulls away leaving me wanting. He's kissing me again.
"Your body is a wonderland.", he whispers with the song, his fingers stroke me lightly on my jaw line then, down my neck, his mouth following them. His fingers lightly running down beside my breasts, his mouth capturing them. I arch my back into him as he gently bites down on my nipple, his hand on my other breast. He's on the move again. Down my stomach, I'm panting in anticipation. His tongue explores my stomach completely. Down, go down! His fingers on my behind.
"Damn Baby. You frustrate me.", he says with the song, looking up at me as his fingers finally enter me. Yes! Oh yes, thank you, yes! Then his mouth is on me devouring me, licking me, sucking me, and I'm carried away, his fingers moving deeper in and out, as his mouth devours me. I vaguely hear the song restart. My fingers are in his hair, trying to pull him up to kiss my mouth. I want him in me but then I'm starting to feel myself building, as he grabs my hips and pulls me even closer into his face, his fingers are back in me and his tongue is soon replaced by his finger on my clitoris.
"Oh Brett, please don't stop, please don't stop.", I'm moaning as the song is singing "Your body is a wonderland."
"I won't stop baby, come for me." And I do, my body shakes and trembles as my legs straighten but he doesn't stop, he carries me through my climax until I'm limp. Then he's kissing me again and he's slowing entering me as he holds me so close to him. He's kissing me so tenderly like he loves me and my eyes start to water, I wrap myself around him. He's making me want to tell him I love him, I feel it right now. I feel love for him as he moves in and out of me slowly in time with the song. "you look so good it hurts sometimes", he whispers against my mouth. Our breath is ragged, moans escaping, but he's taking his time, like he's savoring it, truly experiencing me for the first time. He's kissing me again, and I want it faster. Desire is tearing into me making me crazy, I grab his behind trying to push him deeper into me but he resists me as the song restarts. I try to roll him over so that I'm on top but he won't let me, he's sticking with this slow movement. I kiss him, then, passionately and he finally joins me. He rolls me over on my stomach entering me from behind picking up the pace, I'm meeting him stroke for stroke. Oh yes. This is much better. His hands are on my hips forcing me back into him, it's deeper, it's harder and as I go over the edge again he joins me.





© Copyright 2012 SunDrop (ccoast at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1888028-Trust-Me-2