*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1888425-A-Happy-Ending
Rated: · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1888425
this ismy attempt at a romantic story, I hope it works.
A Happy Ending...          

"Wait!" she called after him as he walked threw the airport.
         He turned to face her "What are you doing here?" he asked, his eyes looked confused but him lips held the ghost of a smile.
         She quickly caught her breath and looked him straight in the eyes. "I understand now," She started "you want more than this. And I know, I've been selfish and I'm sorry. What we have, what we had...I thought that's what I wanted, but I was wrong, I want everything or nothing. I don't want things to end, I cant let it end this way" Her eyes started to tear up "I don't want us to end, and I know you don't either,. So lets try again, start over. We'll do things right this time. You and me, let's give us another try, what do you say?"
         "Final boarding for flight to Chicago, can all passengers pleas proceed to docking station 8"
         
         6 Months later.
         
         In a secluded cafe outside Glasgow a woman sites in a booth drinking coffee, watching the heavy rain hitting the ground of the small, almost emptied car park out the window.
         Kr-cling.
         The bell above the cafe door rung as a group of 4 men walked in.
         "Well if she doesn't wanna talk to me, then forget her!" The first man says, his words are followed by cheering from his friends.
         The womans eyes drifted to the group of men, a flicker of a smile crossed her lips This should be interesting she thought to herself.
         "I don't need that...bitch!. I've wasted 5 years of my life with her, and what do I get?" the man impersonated a womans voice "oh, I'm sorry James, but I took a job in England, I'm off to live my dreams, and I don't need you anymore!"
         The other men, nod and talk some smack about this woman.
         "Forget Angela," one of the other men say "you don't need her, she wasn't even that hot".
         "You shut up" the first man says defensibly before breaking off into a fit off sobs"I'll never love another like I lover her."
         The other man seem to get uncomfortable and make excuses to leave, leaving the man with a few pats on the back and sympathetic words.
         After a cupel of minuets the man stops his tears and orders some whiskey. About half way threw his second glass of Johnny Walkers, he notices the woman staring at him from the window.
         "What are you looking at?" the man snaps.
         The woman fights back a smile "A man clearly infatuated with a woman, but to cowardly to act upon their feelings".
         The man slams his glass down on the table "And what would you know about it!"
         The woman hesitates for a moment staring into her coffee mug. "Because I'm here for the same reason you are".
         "And what 'reason' is that" the man demands.
         The woman looks up at the man "To forget someone".
         The cafe was silent for a few moments.
         "Who are you trying to forget?" the man asks.
         The woman raises an eyebrow at the mans remark "Pull up a chair and I'll share my tail" she says sounding very matter-of-fact.
         The man goes and sites in the same both as the woman. "All right, will you tell me now?"
         "First tell me your name".
         "James".
         "Alison".
         "All right, so whats your tail, you know mine".
         Alison nods "For this story to make scene I'll have to go back to the beginning, to when I meet...him. I meet him whilst I was in college, we were both on the same course, media study's. He was interested in the sound productions, I was more into animation and all that. We got the bus together a lot, he didn't live to far away from me. First time I spoke to him was on the bus. After a few conversations with him I realized we had similor interests. We liked the same music, same bands, same movies and t.v shows. Well he liked star wars, so he was kinda geeky...but I liked that about him.,
         "It was my second day at college that I acutely meet him, I wasn't entirely sure how to get to the bus station in Ayr, I mean I had really only been to the place twice and I hadn't been to the bus station on either of those times. It took me about 10 minuets and a helpful point-in-the-right-direction from a helpful stranger to find it. He was leaning against the bus station wall, he probably knew how to get their. I recognised him from class, well I suppose he would be hard to miss. He was quite tall, perhaps about 5' 9 or something. He was thin. Wore a red hoodie, his hair was red, bright red almost pink looking, he kept a thin beard, ginger.,
         "He said hello to me, and we just kind of got into a conversation.,
         "I'm not going to bore you with ever conversation we had, building up to the day we started dating. I'm just going to skip that.,
         "I had knows him for about a month, it was after college, we walked to Ayr bus station together...
         
         About 2 years previous, Ayr.
         
         "That is so true" Alison said laughing.
         "Yeah" he said smiling.
         The two joked and laughed for a few minuets, neither really paying much attention to where they were walking.
         "Oh" Alison said further down the road "I think we've walked right past the bus station".
         "Yeah" he said "I kind of noticed about 5 minuets ago".
         "Then why didn't you say something?" Alison asked still laughing.
         "Eh, I dunno".
         "All right? We'll lets head back then".
         "Eh, their something I wanna ask you, first".
         "um OK, whats up?" Alison asked smiling up at him.
         "Uh, we'll, you wanna hang out at the weekend or something, go see a movie or something."
         Alison raised an eyebrow "Are you asking mew out?"
         "Uh, yeah" he said, sounding doubtful. "What you say?"
         Alison shrugged "Sure".
         "All right, cool".
         "We should uh..."
         "Right yeah" he said and the two made their way back to the bus station.
         
         In the cafe.
         
         "All seems very casual" James commented "Not exactly your, 'love story for the ages'".
         Alison raised an eyebrow "Who said it would be, this is a true story, romance doesn't exactly happen like it dose in the movies".
         "You don't have to tell me that sister".
         Alison smirks "All right then".
         "So" james says "You start a new relationship with this guy u meet in college? If you don't mind, I'm not exactly I'm the mood to here about someone else's happy moments."
         "Would you prefer me to just skip to the end?"
         "I do have one question though".
         Alison leaned back in her seat and crossed her arms "And what might that be?"
         "Did you love him?".
         Alison took in a deep breath "yes."
         "Did you tell him?"
         "No".
         "Did he love you?"
         "Yes".
         "How do you know that?"
         "He told me".
         "Oh?".
         "I wasn't really going to go get into a bunch of happy moment story's, just the important party, the start...and the ending."
         James sat back in his seat "Go on".
         Alison nods "We'll I should probably explain out relationship...it wasn't exactly, convectional."
         "What the hell dose that mean?"
         "We'll we were dating...but we didn't go on dates."
         "Oh, I see...so it was just -".
         "Exactly".
         "Ah..."
         "Yeah, well anyway. One evening, he came round to mine, and after...ya know, he said he loved me...that's kind of when our relationship, hit the rocks so to speak. We had been together for about1 yeah and we'll, this is what happened..."
         
         8 months ago, Alison's bedroom.
         
         Alison pulls on a baggy t-shirt and fixes her hair. "So, you wanna stay the night or..."
         He sighs and sites on the bed, picking up his t-shirt off the floor "No, I'm just going home".
         Alison turns to face him "Is something wrong?"
         He pulls his t-shirt on and stares at her "When was the last time we went on a proper date?"
         "Em, I dunno, I guess it has been a while".
         He nods "Yeah, like 3 months, look, I've been wanting to tell you something for a while...Their just hasn't been a 'right moment' but...I, I think I'm falling in love with you"
         Alison stares at him, shocked.
         He stands up, and takes hold of her hands. "Did you here what I said?"
         "Uh..."
         "I. Love. You."
         Alison stared at him, still in shock, in her head she was shouting the words back, but her mouth just wouldn't say them...
         
         In the cafe.
         
         Alison ordered another cup of coffee "So he told me he loved me".
         "What did you say?"
         "Nothing".
         "What do you mean nothing? You didn't say anything?"
         Alison raised an eyebrow "I already told you I never told him that I loved him".
         "...oh right" james said sitting back in his seat.
         "your getting into my story aren't you?"
         "I just want to know how it ends."
         "We'll then I wont wast any more time then. That night we had a pretty big argument, and I ended up going round to my best friends house and told her what happened.
         
         6 months ago. Louise Hearts house.
         
         Knock, Knock.
         Louise put down her book and answered her front door.
         "Alison, whats wrong?"
         Alison was at the front door tears running down her face "He left me".
         Louise's eyes filled with sorrow "Come in, you need a drink".
         Alison and Louise sat on the couch.
         "What happened hen?" said Louise.
         "He said I love you...and I couldn't say it back..."
         "That's what happened? Why didn't you say I love you back?"
         "I don't know, the words just wouldn't come out, then we get into a huge argument, and now hes leaving for London".
         "What, he's going to London, I hadn't heard anything about that,since when?"
         "He's moving to London. And this was the first time he mentioned it to me aswell, but he's leaving tonight. He said their wasn't any point on delaying his flight if theirs nothing worth his time here".
         "You two broke up?"
         "More like he broke up with me" Alison wiped her eyes with a tissue and leaned back on the couch.
         "well," Louise started "You really need to buck up".
         "what?" Alison said confused about her friends response.
         "Oh poor Ali, she has an awsome guy who loves her. You need to fix this. If you care about him, if you love him, you'll stop feeling sorry for your self, get your sorry ass down to that airport and tell him how you really feel!"
         Alison wiped her eyes and stood up and made for the door "Hey Louise?"
         Louise "What?"
         Alison smiled at her "Thank you, I needed that"
         "Good, now move your fat ass!"
         Alison got in her car and made for the airport.
         She knew what she had to do.
         
         At the airport about 3 hours later.
         
         "Wait!" Alison called after him as he walked threw the airport.
         He turned to face her "Alison? What are you doing here? You cant be here" he stated, his eyes looked confused but him lips held the ghost of a smile.
         She quickly caught her breath and looked him straight in his big green eyes, how the loved his big green eyes. "I understand now," She started " I should have realized sooner, I should have realized that you want more than this. You want so much more that this. And I respect you for that, for dreaming big...not like me. And I know, I've been selfish and I'm sorry. What we have, what we had...I thought that's what I wanted, but I was wrong, I want everything or nothing. I don't want things to end, I cant let it end this way" Her eyes started to tear up "What I'm trying to say is...don't move to Chicago,  stay, here...with, me? I don't want us to end, and I know you don't either,. So lets try again, start over. We'll do things right this time. You and me, let's give us another try, what do you say?"
         
         6 Months later.
         
         Alison was staring down at her coffee mug. "I poured my heart out to him, in a very public way. I asked him to satay...I asked him for another chance."
         "So what happened?" James asked eagerly "What happened after that? You cant just end the story their, their has to be more to it."
         Alison smirked "we'll considering I'm sitting here alone in a secluded cafe outside Glasgow trying to forget someone, what do you think happened?"
         Jame's expression turned apologetic, sympathetic. "He got on the plane."
         Alison held a disingenuous smile on her lips and her eyes started to tear up slightly. "That's right. I lost him...I was stupid, and I lost him."
         "What was him name?" James asked
         Alison let a single tear run down her cheek, but the smile remained "Kevin"
         Jame's eyes fell to the table "I'm sorry" he said.
         Alison wiped her eyes and looked up at James "So, I've shared my tail, now tell me yours"
         James sighed "I made a mistake, I should have told her to stay...and now its to late"
         "When dose she leave?"
         "What?"
         "I herd what you said when you came in. When dose she leave for London?"
         "Tonight" James said perking up a little "I'm sorry, I have to go" James stood up
         "Where are you going at this time of night" Alison asked, but she all ready knew the answer.
         "I have to stop her, I have to tell her how I feel" James said, excitedly, and hopeful "I know that what happened to you, might  happen to me, but if i never try..."
         Alison nodded "Go James, be with the one you love, before its to late"
         James nodded and ran out the cafe, pulling on his coat as he made his way towards a bus stop.
         Alison smiled to herself as she took a sip of coffee.
         A waitress came over to her table "If I'm not mistaken, you told that same story to another heart broken stranger the other night, but you ended it differentially." The waitress said as she wiped down the table.
         Alison nodded "I told them the version they needed to here."
         "So which version is true?" the waitress asked
         Kr-cling
         The bell above the cafe chimed, indicating a new customer had entered.
         The man that entered has bright red,almost pink hair.
         Alison smiled at the man who entered "You could always ask him" she said indicating to the man who just walked in.
         
         James ran threw the train station, pushing threw the crowds of people "Angela!" he cry's "Angela!"
         He makes his way to the far end of the platform where he finds Angela waring a red hat and scarf, the hat and scare he gave her 2 years ago for her birthday, he saw her admiring them in a shop window one afternoon.
         "Angela!" he calls out, she turns to face him
         "james?" she can barley hide her smile "What are you doing here? I thought you were angry with me"
         "I was, but I have something to say to you, Angela when I'm with you, you bring out the best in me, and when I'm not with you I want to be. I just hope I'm not to late in telling you this. I've been stubborn and selfish. I want you to take me back. I'm sorry. I over reacted"
         Angela smiles "I forgive you" She hugs him
         James takes in the sweet smell of her hair"Are you really going to London?" he asks sounding hopeful.
         "Yes" Angela says "But,why don't you come with me?"
         "Move to London? I don't know. Angi..."
         "Take some time to think about it, I'll call you once I'm settled in."
         James smiles and nods "All right, I'll think about it. And I'll call you tonight".
         Angela "All right"
         The London train pulls into the station.
         "We'll, this is me" Angela says with a big smile as she hugs James goodbye "I'm going to miss you"
         "Hey, we'll see each other soon, I'll call you tonight".
         "Okay, bye" Angela picks up her bags and gets on the train. She sites at the window and waves as the Train pulls out from the station to make it's way to London.


****END NOTE****
Hey, I just wanted to add this quick wee note here to say, ths is kindof my first romntic story attemt...ive never writen romance befour so its probaly not that good, and if i couldget some eed back on whvr you think the storybrings out romance or watever. I would appreciate it.

Also you might fnd intresting, that i sortof based tis story on real events, real people and all the rest of it so yea.

Thank you to anyone who reads this, I apreciat it.
Kerrie Fleming xxx.
© Copyright 2012 Kerrie Fleming (kezybear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1888425-A-Happy-Ending