*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1889258-And-It-Begins
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Relationship · #1889258
Story about love and how confusing it is. Literally. {Story was written 2 years ago.}
The sun had set and still the rain continued to pour. It had started in the morning and my best friend and I had pretty much just been moping around the house the whole day. Now we were watching a movie which I was trying to get into, but with Jamie sitting next to me, it was nearly impossible. She kept whispering stuff in my ear and poking my sides.

“Jamie stop!” I shouted, as I moved her hands away from mine.

“Oh come on Allison, you know you like it,” Jamie replied with a grin and she leaned over on me, pushing me down.

“Jamie!” I cried out once again and pushed her off.

I ‘flipped’ my green and purple bangs back to the right side of my face and gave her my serious look. Apparently it didn’t work for Jamie decided to lean on me again. I sighed and completely gave up on fighting her. There was no use, I mean she was stronger than me so she could easily overcome my strength and all.

“You know, I’m actually beyond happy that you came out and told me that you were bi,” Jamie said as she looked up at me. She was now lying on my lap. “Wouldn’t it be great if you and I like dated?”

“No… it’d be awkward…” I answered as I looked down at her. Her eyes were locked onto mine. “Will you stop it?!”

“Why?” Jamie asked with a smile on her face.

“Ugh, just nevermind…” I replied and looked away.

Ever since I had told Jamie that I was bi, she had completely changed. Not in a bad way though, just a weird way. She was like beyond ecstatic when I told her and for like a while, Jamie actually thought that I was joking around. Then finally she believed me and since then, she’d always be in a great mood and whatnot. Sometimes, it’d make me wonder.

Jamie was now lying on the couch with her head hanging off the side. Her red and purple splashed hair was dangling in the air as she stared at the wall. Jamie was the opposite of me. She was more outspoken and rarely cared what people thought about her. Then there was her other side as well, the more depressed side, which thankfully was slowly decreasing.

I on the other hand was more of a shy person. I occasionally felt a little insecure about myself and kept most things to myself when around other people. But with Jamie by my side, I had slowly become a little more confident and not so withdrawn anymore. She was the person who I trusted most in my life.

“So where’d you’re parents go?” Jamie asked as she lifted her head and sat up.

“Just a small vacation type of thing I guess,” I replied, now watching her fix her hair.

“Hmm, so that means they won’t be back for like a week or so right?” Jamie asked, ‘flipping’ her bangs to her right side. “I’m staying here!”

“Won’t you’re mom freak out…?” I asked.

“Psh… like she’d give a fuck about my whereabouts,” Jamie answered sounding bitter. “She’s probably not even going to be home.”

I sat there looking down at my feet. Jamie didn’t really get along with her mom and especially not her stepfather. Ever since Jamie’s dad passed away, her mom and her started to slowly drift apart. Her mom began to drink massively and for the most part she was never really home. As the days, weeks, months and years went by things only got worse. Jamie spent a lot of the time with me and up until now, she still does.

“Actually I’m glad that it’s raining. I mean I love the sound of the rain when I’m going to sleep,” Jamie announced, breaking the silence.

“Yeah,” I said as I turned to look out the window.

I yawned and looked at the time. It was pretty late now and the sleep had started to take over me. I stood up and decided to close the curtains in the living room, just to make the room even darker. But Jamie had a different idea…

“Darkening the room for us? Romantic much?” Jamie said with a grin on her face.

“You wish…” I replied as I sat on the other couch across from her. “Stay on your side of the room and I’m not kidding.”

“Aww, but I wanted to sleep in bed with you,” Jamie pouted as she now hugged her legs. “Don’t you love me anymore?”

“No,” I replied as I threw a cushion at her. “Now go to sleep or something.”

“Fine! But I still love you, oh so very much,” Jamie pretty much shouted at she looked at me. “Did you hear me?”

“I’m seriously going to leave you here in the living room all by yourself,” I threatened as I stood up.

“I’ll just follow you. Or better yet, I’ll walk there myself,” Jamie answered, standing up and began walking up to my room. “See you there.”

“Hey! You’re not sleeping there!” I shouted running after her. “Jamie!”

Jamie turned around and as soon as she saw me closing in on her, she took off into my room. Damn she was fast when she wanted to be… As I ran into my room I stopped in the doorway and looked around. My room was dark so she could be anywhere, which was not good. This was a great opportunity for her to scare me or something.

I cautiously walked inside and looked over towards my bed. That’s when I saw a lump in the sheets. ‘Are you serious…?’ I thought to myself and walked over to my bed. I sighed and pulled the sheets off only to reveal that no one was there. Then I remembered it was me who had left my bed all weird like that this morning…

Before I got the chance to turn around, Jamie knocked me onto my bed, as she herself fell on top of me. My face was buried in the bed, as I felt Jamie pushing herself off of me. I pushed myself up and angrily turned to look at Jamie, who was grinning.

“What’s so funny?” I asked.

“Oh nothing,” Jamie answered as she turned to lie on her stomach.

“Stay on that side of the bed…” I said, now crawling over to my side of the bed.

“Yeah ok, after all I still get to sleep in the same bed as you,” Jamie replied with a small laugh.

After that was said, it really wasn’t long before I started to hear Jamie’s soft breathing. She had fallen asleep before me and she was the one saying that it was early. Soon enough, I too drowsed off, falling into a deep sleep.

The next morning as I woke up, I felt something on me. I opened my eyes only to see Jamie half way on me. She had one of her arms around me and her head lying on my stomach. So much for the ‘stay on your side’ rule.

I stretched out a little, trying my best not to wake Jamie up, but that was useless. Jamie took in a deep breath and looked up at me, giving me a smile. Then, instead of getting up or moving off of me, she decided to cuddle me.

“Finally my dream has semi come true,” Jamie said with an even bigger smile.

“Well, it’s about to end,” I replied as I sat up. “I’m going to take a shower.”

“Ugh… fine,” Jamie answered and pulled the sheets over her. “I’ll take one after you then.”

“Be out in a few,” I announced after picking my clothes.

“Mhm,” Jamie said from under the covers.

After my shower, I changed and walked out of the bathroom. I made my way back to my room only to find Jamie still lying in my bed with the covers over her. I grinned and jumped on my bed in hopes of scaring her and amazingly it worked.

“Fuck!” Jamie shouted as she quickly sat up and looked at me. “What was that for…?!”

“Just checking if you’re awake is all,” I replied with a smile.

“Well I am now…” Jamie replied as she stood up. “I’m taking a shower…”

“Alright,” I replied as I sat up and stretched out a bit.

Jamie grabbed some clothes she had brought and then walked out of my room. I turned my hair straightener on and waited for it to heat up. As I waited for that, I did some of my makeup and soon enough the hair straightener was ready, so I did my hair.

“Done!” Jamie shouted as she ran back into my room.

“Why’d you yell?” I asked as I looked at her.

“Dunno…” Jamie replied with a smile. “Anywho, you didn’t turn off the straightener right?”

“Nope,” I replied as I stretched again. “I’m going downstairs to get something to eat…”

“Alright, I’ll be down in a few,” Jamie answered with a smile.

I walked out of my room and down the hallway towards the stairs. Even after the shower I was still somewhat tired, but hopefully breakfast would help wake me up, or something. So I made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen.

I opened the refrigerator and looked around. I found nothing, so I closed the door and looked around for something. Then a plate of cookies caught my attention, so I grabbed two and walked over to the couch in the living room.

I lay down on the couch and stared out the window. It was a sunny morning, well it was twelve, so I guess it wasn’t morning anymore, but still, I started to make plans for this warm looking day. As I placed a cookie in my mouth, Jamie jumped onto the couch making me almost drop the other one. I had barely caught it with my left hand, which is lucky may I add.

“Breakfast!” Jamie shouted as she snatched the cookie from my hand. “Nummy.”

“Nice of you to join me…” I said as I watched my cookie disappear.

“So hey, I was thinking that maybe we could go hang around at the park or something,” Jamie suggested with a smile.

“Yeah sounds good I guess,” I answered and stood up. “I just need to get shoes and a sweater or something.”

“Ok, I’ll just wait here. Maybe eat some more of those cookies,” Jamie replied as she walked into the kitchen.

I walked back into my room and decided on wearing my black and white Van slip-ons that had a small skull in the front of the shoe. Then I grabbed my green and black checkered zip-up hoodie and walked out of my room then down the stairs into the living room.

“Ready!” I hollered as I stood outside with the door open.

“About time, I think I gained a few pounds or so,” Jamie replied from behind. “They were worth it though…”

“When did you… oh never mind…” I answered as I closed the door.

I made sure it was locked and then both and Jamie and I started walking down the sidewalk after leaving the yard. Even though the sun was shinning, it was pretty chilly outside, that and there were a few puddles here and there from yesterday’s rain shower

As we walked we noticed the park had come to view. I really didn’t see a point in going there now since the place was still somewhat wet. And there was not point in arguing with Jamie because like I’ve said she would beat me at that too.

“Told you the swings were dry…” Jamie said as we came to a stop.

“Well everything else was wet, what do you expect me to think?” I replied as I sat down in one of them.

“Great… aren’t those the freaking annoying preps over there?” Jamie asked as she looked over at me.

I instantly looked up and scanned the people gathered there. At the moment, there was only one person whom I was determined to find and that was Valerie. For some reason whenever I caught a glimpse of her I felt all shy, even more than usual. I guess there was just something about her that got to me.

Then I found her. Valerie’s brunette hair blew in the wind and then settled back onto her back. The length was just a little below her shoulders. Her brownish green eyes and her smile made her shine even more than usual. That adorable smile always ended up making me smile. Overall, she was beyond adorable.

“Uh… Allison?” Jamie said as she stared back at me with confusion on her face. “What are you looking at…?”

“Huh…?” was all I said as I looked back at her.

“What are you so interested in?” Jamie asked as she looked over at the group.

“Umm, nothing…” I quickly replied and looked down. I could feel my face burning.

“Well if you say so…” Jamie replied as she looked up again. “Whoa, that Valerie chick is looking this way.”

“She is?” I asked as I looked up only to meet her eyes.

She was looking this way and now our eyes were locked onto one another. I felt a strange yet comforting feeling as we continued to exchange looks. And although it had seemed like we had been locked like this forever, in reality it was only like a few seconds.

Then I noticed one of her friends turn to me so I hung my head low. So much for the small moment we had shared. ‘I highly doubt she’s into girls, but I guess wishing never hurts,’ I thought to myself as a smile appeared on my face.

“There you go again…” Jamie said as she left out a sigh. “What’s on your mind anyways?”

“Nothing,” I answered with a smile.

“Ugh… Why do I bother…?” Jamie replied as she kicked a rock.

I looked up again only to find Valerie and her friends were now leaving. It kind of saddened me that I wouldn’t be able to see her anymore today, but tomorrow was Monday so maybe I would see her at school. Well hopefully I would.

After the park, we headed over to one of Jamie’s friends house. Her name was Nikki. She had brown eyes that pretty much stole a person’s heart in a flash. Not me though, I guess she just wasn’t my type. She had darkish brown hair that reached her shoulders. But there was one bad quality in her. Nikki was always hitting on people and ruining relationships.

“Jamie!” Nikki shouted with joy as she saw us approach her house. “I see you brought your adorable friend.”

“You do remember Allison?” Jamie asked.

“Of course, who could forget someone like Allison?” Nikki replied with a smile. “One question though. Do you remember me?”

“Yeah,” I answered.

We spent a few hours there, and then left to Jamie’s house to pick up some clothes. The cars were gone so it was safe for me to go in. The only reason I didn’t really like going there was because her mom was a bitch, not trying to be mean or anything… After that, we just headed to my house, where we spent the rest of the afternoon. Overall it was just a chill day.

Night arrived and I was beat. I changed into something a little more comfortable and fell on my bed. My hair fell back into place except for some of my bangs. I ‘flipped’ them back to there normal spot and let out a sigh. I just stared at the ceiling for a while.

After a while of spacing out, thoughts of Valerie rushed back into my head. Her adorable smile came to mind and I smiled to myself. Just the thought of her looking at me made me feel all nervous and whatnot. I mean I wasn’t sure what she was thinking about.

“Why all smiley?” Jamie asked, as she entered my room and sat on my bed. “Oh I know.”

“You do?” I asked, as I sat up.

“Mhmm,” Jamie answered with a smile. “You’re just thinking of me is all.”

“You caught me,” I answered with a small smile.

“Yeah…” Jamie answered as she lay down.

“Well I’m beyond tired, so I’m going to bed,” I said as I crawled up.

“Same here,” Jamie answered, as she pulled the covers over herself. “Night.”

“Night,” I replied with a smile.

I stared up at the ceiling and soon enough Valerie’s image came back to mind. Her adorable smile was all I could think of. Questions popped into my head as I tried to figure out what she could have been thinking of. No answers came.

I became drowsier and drowsier as time passed by. I tried to stay awake and focus, but it was all way too much. I slowly drifted off into a deep sleep with Valerie still on my mind. I really couldn’t ask for more. Dreams were all I had for now…

The next morning, I awoke to the sound of the alarm going off. I lazily stuck a hand out of the covers and turned it off, then retrieved it back inside. Jamie was still very asleep from what I could tell, so I poked her with my foot.

“Jamie, wake up,” I loudly whispered, as I sat up and yawned.

“Mhmm…” was all Jamie groaned out, as she placed a pillow over her head.

“Well I’m taking a shower, so wake up or something…” I said, as I stood up and walked towards my drawers.

“Ok…” Jamie answered, as she rolled over. “Don’t take forever.”

I took a quick shower, and changed. I was wearing a black shirt with a band logo and some dark tight jeans. I decided to wear my black and green studded belt and then grabbed my pair of checkered Van slip-ons.

I walked out of the bathroom and toward my room. Jamie was sitting on the edge of the bed, still looking pretty tired and whatnot. She turned up when she heard me walk in and smiled. It was a weary smile that made me laugh a little.

“Done?” Jamie asked.

“Mhmm,” I replied, as I turned the straightener on.

Jamie stood up, stretched and walked towards the bathroom. I did my makeup, as I waited for the straightener to finish warming up. When it was done, I straightened it and soon after, I heard Jamie walk back in my room. Jamie finished getting ready as well and then we walked back downstairs.

“Are you gonna have something to eat?” I asked, as I placed my phone in the pocket of my zip-up hoodie.

“Nahh, not today,” Jamie replied, and then yawned. “Too tired…”

“Well then, let’s go,” I replied, as I grabbed my keys.

Jamie and I walked out of my house, locked the door and then walked towards my car. I got in, closed the door and turned the car on as Jamie settled in. I then drove out of the driveway and towards school.
We arrived at the school parking lot and parked where I always did, near the tall tree. Jamie and then walked in through the doors and headed to our lockers, which coincidentally weren’t that far from each other.

As we walked through the hallway, I managed to look up just before passing a group of students. The weird thing was that it happened to be a group of Valerie’s friends and of course she was there. She looked absolutely adorable.

Just then as we walked by them, Valerie looked over and once again our eyes met. When I felt her soft gaze, I quickly turned away and continued to walk. I lowered my head and felt my face begin to burn up. For some reason I was even more nervous than before.

“You ok Allison?” Jamie asked, as she looked at me.

“Yeah, I’m fine…” I lied and kept my head low.

“You’re acting all weird… What’s up?” Jamie asked.

“Nothing, I’m fine. Honestly,” I lied once again.

“Well, ok…” Jamie replied, sounding unsatisfied with the answer.

I reached my locker, opened it and stuck my head in. I felt like walking inside it and closing the door. I mean Valerie probably thinks I’m some kind of stalker or something… This is the second time in a row that I was looking at her. Well actually, yesterday she was the one who was looking at me first, but still…

I closed my eyes and tried to relax a bit. There was no way that I could show my face to her again. The day was already bad and it was only morning. I seriously just wouldn’t be able to make it. I felt like disappearing…

“Allison?” Jamie said now standing right next to me.

“Huh?” was all I said in return, as I turned to her.

“Ready?” Jamie asked.

“No… I’ll meet up with you later, ok?” I replied.

“Ok…” Jamie answered as she started to walk off, but then turned back around. “Are you sure you’re all right? You look all pale and whatnot…”

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I replied.

Jamie gave me this weird doubtful look, turned around and walked off. I sighed, closed my locker and then slowly sunk down, ending up just sitting against my locker. I looked down at my legs and sort of spaced out, that is until I saw some flip-flops standing in front of me. I turned to look up and saw the person I had been freaking out about.

“Hey,” Valerie said with a smile.

“…Hey…” I managed to get out.

“Mind if I sit next to you?” Valerie asked, with that adorable smile still adorning her face.

I stared up at her, so confused to why she was here. Then I realized she had asked me a question. “Oh…well you can if you want to.”

“So, why you here all alone?” Valerie asked after she settled down next to me. “Well you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to.”

“Well I’m just trying to, uh, sort things out,” I replied, realizing I sounded stupid.

“Oh, sounds good,” Valerie answered with a small laugh. “Hope it doesn’t bother you that I’m sitting here with you.”

“No, not at all,” I replied with a small smile.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all I had written. xD Dunno if to continue. Whatever happens, happens. :3
© Copyright 2012 da elusive :D (xxmysteriousxx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1889258-And-It-Begins