*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1890480-Blind-Darkness--Chapter-1-The-Unknown
by Sonar
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Fantasy · #1890480
Irine Styles suddenly finds herself in an incident involving international terrorists...
I just don’t know where to my story… Since there were so many catastrophic and disastrous events occurred in the past year, it just seems so hard where to start from.

‘Curiosity killed the cat’. I don’t know who the hell said this but I would totally agree on this. Curiosity is where all the origin of evil came out from that almost led me… and all the people I know into grave danger.

Plus, I would like to advise you not to flip the pages if you don’t want to know the darkest secrets between the government and international terrorists who tried to use me as a sacrifice. Sometimes it is better not to know the truth, and I have already experienced it a million times to prove this statement.

Right. I almost forgot to introduce myself. My name… is Irine Styles. I’m 20 years old, and I’m living in New York City. My time is short, and I am just writing these pages to make sure to inform you that these catastrophic events don’t happen to anyone else. One more thing…
Don’t be excessively curious at anything. It can be very dangerous…
This all began from this weird dream I had about a year ago.

I was running through the pure darkness of an endless corridor. I was running as I never did before, although I had no idea what I was running from, or where to run away. All I know is that I was desperately trying to get away from the horrible sounds coming from back.

Screams of millions of people, bombs exploding, and something that sound like crying came from my back, which shook the entire corridor and kept echoing in my ears. I tried to ignore those sounds, but it kept echoing like a boom box, it wouldn't just fade away.

“Where am I?” After running for a few minutes, I finally realized I had run as never before. I was desperately gasping for air, and I was breathing in and out so hard, it seemed like an invisible hand was choking me with all its might. Trying to make myself calm down, I lay down on the floor, and still gasping like crazy.

"Help..." I said with all my might, saliva coming out from my mouth like a waterfall.

“Someone help!” This time, I screamed so loud, it kept echoing through the whole corridor.
“Looking for some ‘assistance’?” Someone called me from my back. Who could be standing in this corridor besides me? I thought to myself
but it doesn't seem that voice was trying to help me. I didn't recognize the voice who it was, but one thing for sure is that ‘voice’ wasn’t here to help me.

"No... I don't need any assistance..."
"Well... than I think we'll like to have your cooperation." A man's voice echoed through the corridor.
"What? I don't get what you're talking about." I tried to say in my calmest tone, but I kept stammering when saying out my words.

"Just find those codes. You should know what I'm talking about, don't you?"
"What... What do do you want? I seriously don't understand what you're trying to say.”
I murmured, trying to get its attention at somewhere else.

“Oh… don’t pretend you don't know... If you seriously don't know, I will have to kill you.”
The click sound of safety lock going loose came into my ear, and I almost freaked out when he shut my mouth with his enormous hand, and pointed a gun towards me.

I bit his hand with all my might. His hands were so hard, I thought I was biting on a tree bark. I howled in pain, while the man threw me down
so easily like a pancake. I did a backflip, and I landed head first straight to the ground.

"How feeble... No matter where you go, you can't get away from us."
"What are you talking about?"
"Find the codes... hidden somewhere in this darkness... That's what we want..."
"Can you just let me go? I don't know what you're talking about!!!" I screamed towards him at the top of my lungs.

“I expect you to find it out... Or else... ”

So I made my stupid choice: Run away. That man didn't run after me... I heard him murmur to himself:
"People close to you are going to die... one by one..."

I was panting, my whole shirt covered with sweat. Then, I saw that something bright, so bright that the sun looked puny compared to this light, was right in front of me, that’s wen I heard footsteps coming closer, with a strange ringing, and after a second, I was hit hard on my head.

That’s when the world looked upside-down, and I woke up with a startle.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: Phew... I had a hard time writing this novel... It took me exactly two hours and twenty minutes to write this much... Since English is my second language and I'm only 14, I have difficulty in trying to make time, but I'll still be trying my best. See you next time!
© Copyright 2012 Sonar (sonar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1890480-Blind-Darkness--Chapter-1-The-Unknown