*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1890904-The-Man-behind-the-Christmas-Tree
by Wyrdy
Rated: · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1890904
Title is self explanatory
The little boy stopped on his tracks as he passed by the Christmas Tree in the living room. For a moment there it looked like someone was peeking at him from behind the tree.

He started to walk away but there it was again so he stopped and looked at the tree. It is clear that no one's behind the tree but there was a strange man shaped shadow behind it.

He took a step closer and the shadow seemed to retreat.

In order to shake it out, he took one of his slippers and threw it at the tree.

There was complete silence for a moment. And then the tree started to grow and shake, and grow and shake until it seemed like the tree was filling up the whole room and that the room was shaking along with the tree.

When the boy's parents looked for him all they found was one of his slippers and a strange boy sized shadow behind the Christmas Tree.
© Copyright 2012 Wyrdy (wyrdy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1890904-The-Man-behind-the-Christmas-Tree