*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1891821-At-War-Part-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1891821
The second part in the masterpiece trilogy
**MAY CONTAIN WAR VIOLENCE AND INJURY**

*Crown* WINNER 3 INTERNATINOL AWARDS | BEST STORY OF 2012 *Crown*

AT WAR PART 2
BY RYAN HILL


When the wind was heavy and no one walked the streets of london, One boy was determined to change everything that had been done. All the misery, all the hate and war was going to be stopped, by a boy.

Alan zipped his bag tightly and headed down stairs. Ben and Lucy were waiting for a farewell. "Ben, remember I'm doing this for dad and the country." Alan grunted. Ben nodded as a gentle warm tear dripped from his eye and travelled to his chin, he felt the tender water on his cheek. Lucy hugged Alan and said goodbye. Alan walked up to his ill mother and knelt down. "Mother, Today I'll make dad proud, Today I will clear the blood on the streets and make you proud too." Alan whimpered. He got up, paused and glanced at his brother and sister. He thought about the consequences, but then he thought of what he was going to achieve. Alan walked to the corridor and unlocked the door. He looked back and glanced at his house. He feared it would be his last. He strolled outside and slammed the door shut.

"Taxi" Alan shouted and waved his hand in the air, as the ascending car was about a 5 meters away and stopped by Alan. Alan pulled open the door and comfartably got inside. "RT-50 base, please" Alan directed. The driver started to drive and the sun shone brightly in Alan's eye. Thr driver stopped driving and Alan got out of the car and adjusted his cap and glanced at the Army Base. It was about 30 feet tall and was pretty dirty from the outside. The walls were painted dark green and the sides were filled with heavy brown sacks. There were about 4 soldiers standing outside with rifles. Alan briskly atteneded the soldiers. "Name?" one of the soldiers asked. "Alan Carter" Alan answered steadily. One of the soldiers was hold a checklist paper and obsereved it. He got out his pen and ticked Alan's name off. "Go in" The soldier said. Alan strolled firmly inside and obsereved the whole place. It was pretty and had a few benches and hangers. Men were changing and talking. The floor was very dirty and so were the walls. Alan found a bench and layed down his bad and gently took his coat off. He pulled out a suit from the storage in front of him and started changing. The suit was pretty scruffy and had some dirt on it. Alan zipped the upper zip and looked around. He thought about all these people, who were ready for war, ready to risk there lives. He didn't think it was going to be like this. He started to regret for what he had done.

General Kay was tall and had a bulit body. He had a dirty moustache and his face had some mud on it. He gave a rifle to every soldier, including Alan. "These are not toys. They are tools, and you must use them wisely. You are not in aboy scout. You're in the army, now it's either death or survival." General Kay spoke out. He was probably the skinniest there but no one cared. The man next to Alan was praying and kissing his necklance. Alan gullped, and looked up to the General. "You will be travelling on foot and horse to Devon and there you will be explained about everything you need to do" said the General. The soldiers started to pack up and arrange their belongings. Alan did the same and packed his water bottle, clothes and medic kit. He gripped his bag and walked to the exit.

About 20 soldiers were waiting too. It looked like they were ready and they started to walk on. So did Alan. Alan's forehand was sweaty, his bag was heavy and his gun has heavier. His feet were unsteady. He could feel the force of his helmet and his suit. He felt light-headed and dizzy. He looked down as he saw the cobbles and the earth seemed unsteady. He looked towards the sun and as it shone in his face he thought to himself, this is for his father, this is for the good of mankind.

Alan could feel the pain in his legs. They had been walking for 3 hours with about 10 breaks and rests, and he still could feel that pain. They halted and Alan looked up. He glanced as he said the cost. He felt a dark atmosphere. An atmosphere of violent war. He looked harder and just about could see a few battle ships heading this way. "Prepare yourselves!" The general shouted, his voice echoced thoroughout the cost. Soldiers started running to a barrier. Alan acted quick, he saw a small barrier and ran and sat behind it. He could hear the ships getting closer. He heard a deep voice as it said "Angrefien" and suddenly there was a loud thump and bang. Alan could hear soldiers running and shouting. He could also hear bullets hit sacks and rip through them. Alan looked on the other side and saw soldiers falling and getting shot. The shouting and screaming penetrated his ears. He could see the blood and the corpses. He saw men tackle and wrestle each other. One of them stabbed the other in the eye and the blood splurt out. Alan knew he had to do something. He got and ran as fast as he could to the other end. Bullets flew past him. He saw men dead on the sandy beach. The germans were dressed in a dark grey army suit and were armed the rifles that looked the same. More ships ascended and more soldiers got out. It was very hectic and very hard to imagine. Men were crying and screaming in pain. "Alan! Come here!" Alan heard the voice of the General and ran to it's direction. He found the General sitting beside and injured man. The blood was all over the floor and stained Alan's boots. Alan knelt down. He didn't know what to do but he had to act fast. He unzipped his bag and pulled out some cloth and cream. He wipped away the blood from the man's chest and applied cream to the wound. The screamed in pain. Alan felt the pain too. Alan wrapped his hand around the cloth and started to pull out the bullet from his chest. Blood splattered everywhere, even on Alan's face. The man kept screaming. It annoyed Alan and almost made it hard for him to hear. Alan pulled his hand out of the man's stomach and stared at the bloody bullet. Gunshots could be heared aloud now. Bullets shot passed Alan's head as he ducked. Blood was pouring out the man's mouth and the man could not speak. The soldier stopped and fell back. He was dead. Alan paused and looked at the man. He didn't look at him for long, he grabbed his gun and went over the barrier and started to shoot. Every trigger he pulled it requierd alot of strength. He shot a man and the blood splat out of his chest and in an instance he fell to the floor. The gunshots stopped and so did the shouting. The war was over.

To be continued...
© Copyright 2012 TheInferno786 (theinferno786 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1891821-At-War-Part-2