*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1892475-Robot-Love
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Sci-fi · #1892475
Very Short Fiction
Flash Fiction Story for grammar garden, first written as an exercise in a writing class.

This 57 series moved so much smoother than the last, like the most fluid dancer you'd ever seen.I could not take my eye from the entrancing walk across the room to delicately place the tray on the bed. Ivan 54 swirled the napkin out capturing me in its movement as an animal in headlights. His vibrant organic skin mocking the mottled presence of my own. I drew my hand under the sheet, not wanting to offend.

To be in the presence of such beauty of movement, made me feel clunky as a human. I wanted to be as beautiful as an android. I decided, I would make the arrangements, to have my brain removed and transplanted in an organic android frame of my choice. In three years the glitches should have been worked out of the process and I could truly be young and happy again. I felt a warmth invade me like the smile on a summers day.

"A girl once more." I quietly sighed

"Would you like some tea Madame?"

"Yes Ivan, I would love some Lap sang su shong."

A warm meaningless, yet vacant smile passed over Ivans perfect lips as he poured my tea.


I think that a lot of people would opt out of being human beings in an attempt to reach the ultimate goal of being youthful forever. You could have a bio organic body meshed with materials made for longevity of purpose, so you would always look and move as a young being. But what would that body feel like to you? It would be different, you would not be as connected to yourself. You would become something other.

There is a theory that the large headed; big eyed, pale aliens, that have apparently abducted so many people here on earth, are actually humans from the future. Have we already gone too far?








© Copyright 2012 Finn O'Flaherty (fin333 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1892475-Robot-Love