*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1892718-Personal-Vendettas-Chapter-One
by Mota
Rated: E · Chapter · Crime/Gangster · #1892718
A confidential informant and a law officer team up to take out each others vendettas.
"Mr. Wettles, do you have a moment? I need to talk to you about something." Hope Snyder inquired nervously as she entered Tim Wettles office.

"Sure, what can I help you with today?" Tim replied while observing the five foot three inch pudgy woman standing infront of his desk. As he looked at her she had a nervous expression on her pretty round face.

Hope looked at the federal marshall sitting behind his desk eyeing her up and down. This made her nervous. Hope took a deep breath and choosing her words carefully, "Mr. Wettles how long have you been after Eve Garret?"

With that question Tim exhaled and sat back in his seat behind the desk. This woman has caught his most imediate attention. "A long time. Why?"

"How long is a long time?" Hope asked again gaining some confidence.

"Eight or nine years. Why whats up?" Tim asked again. Trying to see what this lady in front of him wanted.

"Lets just say I need a favor." Hope said knowing she had the officers full attention. "I'll give you Eve if you can help me."

At that comment Tim immediatly stood up behind his desk letting his chair roll back and hit the wall. He took a few quick long strides toward his office door.

"Stay here. Give me just a couple minutes and I will be right back." After that Tim was out of his office yelling at everyone to vacate the building.

Tim got excited as he told the other officers to leave the building and take an hour lunch immediatly. He knew who the girl was. She was a local that moved here more then a decade ago. He knew she knew people and was friends with some of the local dopers. He also knew that this was the only way he could get the woman that has slipped by him for so many years. As he escorted the last person out of the building he shut the door, locked it and headed back to his office in the rear of the building. He was anxious to hear what kind of favor Hope needed.

Hope took a deep breath as Tim exited the office. She heard him yelling down the hall to everyone telling hem to go to lunch. This put a huge smile on her face. Hope knew she was going to get what she wanted. She knew that she had this officer in the palm of her hand. He had been after her for years trying to get information about her friends.

While staring at the floor collecting her thoughts and choosing the words she was going to use, she didn't notice Tim come back in til she heard the office door close and lock. She looked up at him. She noticed he was a tall man, athletic with strong masculine features. She thought he was alright looking and was curious what he looked like with his shirt off.

"Who pissed your off?" Tim announced snapping her out of her little fantasy and back to the reason why she was in his office.

"No one pissed me off." she calmly replied with a small smirk on her face. "I came to you because I need a huge favor."

"Whats the favor?" he inquired knowing that he would give this woman anything she wanted right now. Just because he knew he could bring Eve down. And she was the only way to her.

"I want to get my fiance out of jail. He has two trials going on. One here in Barlow and one in Madrain. The one in Barlow I know we can beat because the officers took pictures of me. But the one in Madrain I don't know what to do with. He has a five thousand dollar bond with no court date. He's looking at five years in prison." Hope explained.

"Who is he, where is he and what is he in there for"

"Adam Smith. He is in Madrain. And they picked him up on a warrent that has been issued over six months ago for driving without a license." She told him as she watched Tim scribble his name, place, and bond amount on a post it.

"I have a few people I can call up there. How do you know you can get Eve?" He asked curiosly.

"Because Tim, I am her daughters best friend. I handle all their personal business and she treats me like her daughter. I know their social secruity numbers, bank numbers, everything. Anything you want to know about them I can tell you." Hope confidently anounced with a broad smile. Knowing she was going to get what she wanted. "I can get her to cook dope with me around and you just come in and bust us."

Timothy sat back in his chair not believing after all this time here his Vendetta was being offered to him. "Can you get her to cook tonight?"

"Possibly, more then likely."

"What do you need?"

"We have everything except the box of pills." Hope said smooth and calm.

Tim sat back thinking again. "I have to get some paperwork ready for you to sign. I will get the pills after everyone is out of here. And I will give you a recorder to take to the house with you. Let me think a little bit and I will call you in an hour. "

"Okie dokie." was all Hope could say.

As Hope was getting up to leave Tim also added, " Ms. Snyder? You help me, and I will help you." She looked back and noticed he had a big grin and a twinkle in his eyes. With that she nodded, unlocked the door, opened it and walked out of his office to the main part of the building. While listening to a happy whistle tune coming from the office she just left.


© Copyright 2012 Mota (mota at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1892718-Personal-Vendettas-Chapter-One