*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1892827-Transformers-Little-Talks---Chapter-01-
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1892827
Kety is your average solider. Nice home, friends, two loving little brothers.
Chapter 01

         

She pulled herself onto the roof of the base, with a light step; breathing in the cold night air. She walked over and took her regular spot, a corner where you could see everything but no one could see you from below. Stretching out her legs, she made her comfortable, and stares up at the stars. A smile formed across her face, as a gentle breeze blew past. The base was a quieter than other nights, which was no surprise giving it was a quiet and uneventful day.

She watches as soldiers headed to their truck, heading back to their homes. Others were walking into different buildings; mess hall, armory, or one of the training facilities. The main hanger she was sitting on was the furthest back; if she looked straight she saw was nothing but forest and the city far in the distant. On some nights she could spot animals scurrying about.

With eyes closed she took in the sounds.



“Quiet isn’t it, Kety?” a voice surprised her.



Her eyes snapped open as she turned towards her side. For such a big bot his ability to walk up and not make a sound was amazing. Her name wasn’t really Kety; it’s just what everyone calls her, short for Kentucky, a call sign she was given a long time ago.



“Hello Optimus, what brings you out tonight?” She says with a smile.

“War stories; Wheeljack is telling your brothers more of them and I was not in the mood for another.” He tells her.

She lets out a small laugh “They do eat those stories up don’t they.” She crosses her legs and leans back on her hands.

“I don’t blame them. Not being born on Cybertron nor having the ability to see it, those stories are as close as they will get to their roots.” He shifts his weight from one side to the other, and looks to the sky.

“As long they don’t get any bright ideals from them.” She started rubbing her left shoulder, as she looked over at him.



They have done this many nights. Stand out here in the night air, looking up at the sky. Telling stories; learning about each other past; talking philosophy. It isn’t always peach and creams though. Sometime they argued, sometime over view point, other were things she later on knew she was wrong about, but just too damn stubborn to let him know.  Only one time did they argue, and no won, only lessons learned, and she still had the scar on her bottom lip to prove it. 



“You should really have a jacket on.” He looks down at her, with a concern look to his eyes, “The cold air is not good for you.”

“Maybe, but I would have to go get one; and this hanger’s ladder is far too tall for me to climb four times tonight.” She told him with a smile and shrug of the shoulder.

He let out a small smile, something that was rare to see. “Why do act like it is no problem?” 

         She keeps herself from looking him straight in the face. “Because it isn’t; it’s just a few aches every now and again. Nothing I can’t handle” She lied.

         He just looked at her.

         “What?” She asks in a hush tone.

“You haven’t been sleeping again have you? How long this time” He asks.

“Just a few days,”

“Try weeks.” He informs her.

“Weeks, I been busy I’m fine. Are we really going to have this argument again?” She asks with a small displeasure her voice.

“We are, and we are going to keep having it until you begin to listen.” He tells her in a caring tone.

“I’m fine, just busy that’s all.” She says.



This was the same argument they had time and again. He tells her she need to get some sleep, before her body fails her. She would say something along the lines of reason why she wasn’t getting any sleep. This would go around few times, then he would give up and hopes she would get some sleep, she wouldn’t. Then a couple of months later they would start again.



“This time I’m making you choose. No more arguments.” He looks straight at her.

“What?” She asks, looking back at him.

“You either find away to get sleep, and I mean actually getting sleep, or you can visit Ratchet about you other problem.”

“You can’t-!” she raises her voice slightly.

“Those are your choices.” He tells her, this time speaking up. “I know you won’t deal with both, so I will settle with you choosing one. So make the choice.”

She could tell he was not going to budge, “Fine, I’ll go to the doctors tomorrow and see if they can help me sleep.” She was not ready to face her other problem.  She looked down in defeat.

He looks away, a look of sadness on his face. “I never wanted to come to this. I gave you the chance to handle it on your own. More than I should.”

She pulls her knees in closed and wrapping her arms around; all the while looking away. 

He turns to walk away, “It’s for you own good.”

“I know.” she says, as the Autobots footsteps fades into the background. The noises of the night, comes back into being.

© Copyright 2012 Licia Jewel (liciajewel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1892827-Transformers-Little-Talks---Chapter-01-