*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1893619-DEMIURGE
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1893619
Is destiny more powerful than freewill or are they entertwindes together? Philosophy based
"Attack of Daseins"



What are they? I asked. Four Ball-like-thing were swarming toward us in great speed. Before I knew it, Erto made a dash out of the tent and pulled me under a tree.

I looked at him in great shock and anger when I realized the book Sense and Sensibility which I was holding seconds earlier was now drenched with mud.

"What the -"

"Down!," he shouted and pulled me to the ground. In an instant I saw a flicker of light overhead. I closed my eyes in reflex and stumbled on the ground.

Then the ground shook. An enormous root flew out of the earth and came back with a smashing thud. This was followed on our left and back. They were like tentacles of a giant octopus living in the ground.

I found myself holding Erto's arm. I was terrified. I heard cracks above us as if something might fall any instant. The enormous roots pounding the ground seemed unaware of whatever being they might have hit. And the very idea of us being smothered into pieces was very plausible. What is happening?

I looked at him hoping his gaze would shed some hope to my dying courage. But his gaze was transfixed at something - something before us; as if the tree which sprang to life is the very least he needed to attend to.

I looked into the direction of his eyes and saw three ball-like-thing airborne just beyond the reach of the hammering roots, looking confused.

"Daseins," muttered Erto under his breath. Before I could comprehend what he said he sprang to his feet.

"Stay Here," He commanded without looking at me. He threaded his way towards the three ball-like-thing which halted in midair. He ducked as one of the roots tried to knock him down. One of the ball-like-thing wriggled and was followed by the others. Soon enough, they rushed toward Erto aiming for an attack.

I found myself shouting No! RUN ! but my voice was inaudible compared to the pounding of the roots.

Erto who was running, half-flew, on one of the gigantic roots which was elevating from the ground draw a circle out of thin air. Vibrating fog solidified before him and gave it a thrust toward the ball-like-thing. One of them vanished. Two remained.

Vibrating fog appeared again as he raised his both arms. It created a cloth-like vision as if he's about to take it on. He threw it to his right and one of the ball-like-thing disappeared. Then he hurried to the crazy roots domain just in time to take cover from the remaining ball-like-thing's attack, which hit the root of the tree.

All of a sudden the "crazy" roots have been immobilized. And the last thumping sound reverberated into nothingness.

"Two essence in one body, how pathetic!" I heard him said that as he rushed towards me. "Are you okay?"

"NO!" I blurted out. Just then I realized I was still slumped on the ground. I braced myself up and said, "What was that?"

"Daseins."

"What?"

"We have two worlds, Lyla. World of Ideas and World of Senses. You remember your Philo class with Doctor Perez about Plato's Philosophy?. They're real. We are currently in the World of Senses. And what you saw were souls or essences thrown out from the world of Ideas. Mark my words, They are great assassins. But not too great, I guess."

"You said "thrown" right?

"Yes, it means somebody is in control."

I tried to fight myself not to look into the sky. But my apprehension forced me to do so. I still can't believe what's happening.

"Wake me up!" I said irritatingly.

"What?

"Wake me up!"

"This is not a dream, Lyla. I'm afraid you need to face your destiny. It's too early for you to be like them."







to be continued...



.
© Copyright 2012 Samantha De Guzman (demiurge0510 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1893619-DEMIURGE