*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1894119-Because-you-left-me-part-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Friendship · #1894119
the story of a girl who wants to get revenge on her 1st ex-boyfriend.
I couldn't think straight. Sarah wouldn't betray me. She's my best friend for Pete's sake. We have known each other since kindergarten. I would not risk our friendship for something like this. But then again, there's the thing about Mark's cellphone. Sigh, I don't want to doubt Mark but I must find out the truth about the two of them, whether they are having some kind of relationship that I am not aware of. I know that they are friends and co-workers in a coffee shop. I was the one that begged Mark to help Sarah get a job there, since her crush works there. Could Mark be here? I went over my memories. There was no one in the living room and there are no extra shoes on the foyer. Hmm.. Maybe I am just a little paranoid. But.. ah! I don't know anymore.. I'll just check downstairs, just to be sure. I have this heavy, black feeling burdening my heart..

I went downstairs slowly, tiptoeing, just in case someone IS here. I sneaked to the kitchen and.. tada!! There was Sarah, eating peanut butter straight from the container, like she always does. She had her back towards me and I crept up on her. I put my hands over her eyes and was about to shout, "guess who!" when she squealed, "Hey stop it, Mark!" accompanied with a flirty laugh. She never laughed like that when we were with Mark. She only does that kind of laugh when she is lovey dovey with her men.

I released her. She laughed again and turned towards me, then she just stared. I wanted to cry, my eyes were brimming with tears but I wouldn't let them fall. Sarah's face was flushed, like a tomato. I tried my best to rearrange my features to some sort of poker face and forced myself to laugh. It came out strangled. "Hahahahaha!!! How could you confuse me with Mark? His hands are bigger than mine." I couldn't suppress it anymore. Tears just started cascading down my cheeks. And she just stared at me, dumbfounded, like some deer in front of headlights.

We heard footsteps and Sarah gasped. She is facing the kitchen entrance and I was facing her. I felt his presence but I didn't have the courage to turn around. I could feel tension in the air, as Sarah gazed past me with her eyes sending a message to the person behind me. I felt Mark's presence disappear. Sarah finally faced me with a fake smile on her face. All those years of being stuck with Sarah has enabled me to categorize her moods and gestures, and the smile she is beaming at me now is genuinely fake.

"Lychee! Well this is a surprise! How'd you get in here?"
"Keys. Under the eaves. You always put the spares there, just in case." A muscle beside her eye twitched. A sign of annoyance.
"Ah. Right. How could I have forgotten. But you should have given me a call first before coming here. I'm busy, you see"
"I've never given you a call when I go here. You told me that it was unnecessary, we're BEST FRIENDS after all."

- please watch out for part 3 -
© Copyright 2012 whiskers101 (whiskers_25 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1894119-Because-you-left-me-part-2