*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1894548-journey-to-womanhood-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Women's · #1894548
womanhood is a lot of this and that is what am out to discover
As my first post and being the cancer awareness month, I would like to urge all the women out there to get screened for cancer more so for breast and cervical and cancers. For some reason today I feel as motivated as ever and i am here getting some of that energy out my system. This blog is like a map for all the places that a baby girl goes through in her quest to become a woman. From birth we have events that mark the milestones of our lives. When you wake up each morning you are a day older and with time you wake up knowing that there are things that you are supposed to achieve in the course of the day. I recommend that at the end of that day no matter how tired you are; take a minute to see whether you actually achieved those things. After that you can drool over your crush if you like *Smile*.
Doing this helps keep you in perspective and it determines your focus for the next day. I am not saying you be obsessive, but just keep check. Becoming a woman is not about wearing six inch heels or having junk in the trunk but intellectual and spiritual growth. I am not side-lining the physical side of it but it merely a tip of the iceberg. How I discovered this? I am 21 years old and every day I look how I thought and acted the day before; I think to myself WHO is that??? If that isn't growth then maybe it's the heat making me a bit off.
Everyday our views and opinions change either for good or worse. Even the little things that we have been brought up knowing become a philosophical debate. When your favourite colour changes from pink to green and you like dreadlocks instead of straight hair. My point is change is inevitable. Today you will want 10 piercings and after a while you will wonder "was I drunk when I did this?!” At this particular point in time, piercings in odd places and tones of tattoos are the commonest entities of today’s lifestyle. I have always wanted a tattoo but then I refrained because the Bible warns against permanent markings and because I wondered what I would do when I got tired of seeing a tramp stamp on my body! I like tattoos but then they look better on other people’s bodies not on me and I am sure my mother would disown me if she even dreamt I had one.
Given the generation we're in I always what it will be like for my kids to grow up exposed to a lot of things. One thing is for sure; I will teach my kids all the things my parents taught me and of course some of my own lessons. Every step I take to becoming that woman who will build a society I will pass on to the next generation through my children. But before I even get to having buns in the oven these are all ideas and wishful thinking! I will get there eventually.

© Copyright 2012 ng'endo (marcita at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1894548-journey-to-womanhood-1