*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1894694-nightmare
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by lauric
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Other · #1894694
a nightmare i had repeatedly some time ago
I awakened to find myself in a dark environment. The air was stale yet an intense heat as if the room was ablaze could be felt. The smell of iron and rust filled my nose entering my lungs causing me to feel light headed and dizzy at times. Slowly i rose and began to walk forward traversing what seemed to be a large hallway. It was at least five meters in width and possibly ten meters in height but the ceiling was devoured by darkness making it difficult to fully tell. The length was unknown. As i walked i noticed that the walls and floor was made of a metal like material. It seemed to be extremely old and covered in rust though this was the case it did not seem weak or brittle.

The hallway felt never ending as i waltzed down through its metallic halls. Soon i stumbled upon many mirrors that lined the walls. The room began to fill with sounds like many voices mixing together to form a horrific opera of cries. Looking into the mirrors i found figures inside of them some were slouching rocking back and forth, others curled up in the corner cries of lamentation echoing from them. A hand full paced back and forth and some roared in rage smashing their fists against the mirror causing it to rattle. Upon further investigation i found that these figures were… me. Were these projections from my mind or was i being tricked? I tried to think but an intense headache would come over me whenever i tried.

i continued down the hallway passing more of the mirrors which seemed to repeat the images within. Ahead i could see a figure in the shadows. As i walked towards it the iron and rust smell intensified as well as the heat that infested the air. I approached the figure who was dressed in black. Its head hung low making me unable to see its face. Slowly it began to walk forward stopping about five paces. Removing the hood of its cloak it revealed its face to me. i stepped back in shock and horror to the sight that i saw.

It wore my face yet it wasnt me or.. was it? His eyes were a jet black like the darkness the enveloped around us. They contained such a menacing and devilish look to them. His smile caused shivers to go down my spine and my heart racing. Jagged and knife like were the teeth that lined his mouth. From time to time his head would twitch at an incredible speed. No matter though how fast and extreme the twitch was his smile never wavered. He remained to stand there and stare at me. I thought of turning and running back but my body was petrified and held in place.

Suddenly a high pitched ring filled my ears and head causing me to cringe in pain. i began to collapse and my vision slowly faded to black. Just before the darkness over took my eyes all i could see was his face. Those black soulless eyes and his sinister smile. I awoke in my bed shaken and confused. Was it a dream? A nightmare or perhaps a sign?
© Copyright 2012 lauric (solisalex24 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1894694-nightmare