*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1894824-Surviving-the-Storm
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1894824
kind of a fictional tale of how i met my boyfriend and the trials we've endured
It was one of those times where you ask, “Why me?”  And in fact it was just what Trina was asking herself that warm fall day in the park.  Her kids were in school, and she was just sitting there in shock.  Could it possibly get any worse than it was right now?  Toby was the love of her life, and sitting in jail.  In a way it was his own fault, going out and getting in a fight and wrecking his bike with his best friend on the back, messing around and causing him to lose control.  They both were awful lucky to have survived, but he was already in trouble thanks to that no good Cheryl and was wanted.  But let's go back to the beginning, to how they met.



It was 3 years ago.  Trina was on the internet, at one of her favorite sites, when an email popped up.  Seemed harmless enough so she took interest and replied.  Messenger names were exchanged and after 2 weeks a first date was set up.  They had fun, hung out and flirted a lot.  The second date was more intense and Trina didn't want to say it but at that point she might just be in love.  While out this second date, Trina met Toby's ex-girlfriend, Liz.  She seemed harmless enough, out with TJ.  Almost said Trina was good for Toby.  3 weeks later, Trina was out in the cold when Liz and Toby got back together. 



6 months later, Toby messaged Trina asking to see her.  She'd sent email after email, apologizing, pleading and begging for another chance.  And Toby agreed.  Yet Liz was in the background again, waiting for her chance to ruin things again.  And she did too.  After her head surgery and going ballistic on Toby, it was again Trina's turn in the light again.  But now supposed friends were filling Toby's head full of lies and doubts about Trina.  So it was still an uphill battle.  But she fought on because she was in love and knew that they were meant to be.



Once Liz was gone, it was now sharing the spotlight with Cheryl.  Trina had never met Cheryl but had heard enough to know she wasn't a good influence on Toby.  But noone listened, most of all Toby.  And the supposed good friends were into the same bad stuff as Cheryl and encouraged Toby.  It was even more of an uphill battle to get Toby out of the bad crowd and get him back to the good side, so to speak.  If he wasn't with Trina, Toby was with Cheryl, missing appointments that were important to keep him out of jail, and he was in more trouble and ran instead of facing them and taking his chances.



On his birthday, there was a terrible storm, but he had to go out with his best friend to celebrate.  Cheryl followed, clearly not “getting” the idea of a boy's night out.  Toby became upset, and when trying to leave, his best friend was on the bike.  All he wanted was to be alone and think, but his friend was too out of it to get off, so he took off anyway.  Everyone knows that on a motorcycle you sit still and listen to the driver as to when to move, but his friend was messing around on the back, not sitting still and caused Toby to lose control.  The bike went into a skid, hitting a bridge guardrail and his friend was thrown over the bike and hurt seriously.  Toby was in no better shape, having smashed chest first into an enbankment and clocking his head somehow.  He was out of it as he walked back to where they had been to get help, then left to go back to his friend.  3 days later, still hurting and out of it and not cleared to leave, Cheryl snuck him out, knowing the police were waiting to take him to jail.  2 weeks later, after finding out there was a warrant out for her, she made it “disappear” by revealing to the police where Toby was hiding.



Trina took a huge risk and wrote him as soon as she found out he'd been arrested and sent to jail.  Imagine her surprise when he called her and it was like they'd never been apart.  She has to wait quite a while for him to get out, but she knows its going to be worth it because now for sure he “gets it”!  She can hardly wait for that call to meet him at the bus station!
© Copyright 2012 jewelz7316 (julesingreene at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1894824-Surviving-the-Storm