*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1895195-Day-1--Premise
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1895195
Day 1: Premise
Premise-Oct1st
A bright, beautiful, but tortured young woman instantly finds herself moving amidst a host of strangers with no warning or explanation. Faces and forms are distorted but a white landscape that reflects streams of silvery light. Clusters of rainbow floaters accompany every blink, but the light seems to have no origin. Shielding her face hardly provides relief as her hands also glow, as if absorbing the light. There is an air of peace in the crowd that envelopes every person except for the protagonist herself. She is terrified.
It turns out that Gabrielle has been taken with the Rapture, though she renounced her faith years ago after being violated and rendered unable carry children by members of her campus faith club. Her new life had included many friends who shared her atheist beliefs, but she does not see them in the crowd. She feels a strange flash of warmth on her back and turns to find a gruesome scene that does not fit with the whitewashed surroundings. A rounded, oblong has materialized behind them with what looks like a pane of glass sealing off the flame.

Also behind the glass are naked forms, distorted by the flames. They scream soundlessly, pounding on the glass. Bits of flesh peel from their hands with every impact.

“It will do you no good to look back,” says a colossal form in flowing white robes, “They are the lost.”

Gabrielle does not heed the warning and approaches the portal, reaching out to touch the glass. In an instant, both the brilliant white and the flames vanish, giving way to a cold cavern of smooth black rock. Before her stands a darkly handsome man. He appears regal and crass at the same time. He looks Gabrielle up and down with a lecherous smirk.

“What happened to the people?” Gabrielle cried.

“Hell suddenly looks more like a strip club,” the stranger replied, “Didn’t your godly parents teach you cover your navel…and your busom?”

“The money keeps me from living in a cave. Your body hasn’t served you as well.”

“How do you know it hasn’t? I could not imagine my home any other way.”

“There were people! Why are you torturing them?”

“Because there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth among the damned. Those who don’t go up, must go down.”

“Then why am I here?”

“Well, that is the question, isn’t it?”


Action: Gabrielle has been tasked with freeing the hostages of hell. Lucifer’s seduction is powerful, but Gabrielle has her own tactics.

Moral: The road to redemption is brutal, but always possible.
© Copyright 2012 Artemismad (artemismad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1895195-Day-1--Premise