*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1895741-Facade
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1895741
The tales of Magnificent Man and his triumphs
                                                            Façade
         I am the walker of clouds, the runner of oceans. I see the land before me and know that it is mine. I can jump vast distances in a single bound and hear a child cry for his mother from distances that astronauts consider massive. From my sight is born a deadly laser to burn and kill my foes, destroy town and cities. With my eyes I could rule the world. However, where my eyes burn only death, my hands are filled with life. The sick come to me so that I may heal them and make them whole. I am the perfect man. I am Magnificent Man.
         Looming towers on each side of me, some feel crushed in their presence, I feel at home. I zoom to the top of the highest building in the city and survey the town, looking for crime. I know the search for crime is a futile one, as my prowess in battle has run off all but the most intrepid criminals, but still my search continues. Thousands, if not zillions, of people are walking beneath me; continuing in their day to day existence, happy and oblivious, thanks to Magnificent Man. I know that at the first sign of danger my citizens would scatter like the little ants they are, so I keep them safe and secure. Scanning the land and sky I see a lone whirly-bird flying through the sky, I like the whirly-birds. I watch the whirly-bird land on a vacant rooftop. I eye it with suspicion. Two masked men exit the whirly-bird with large dollar sign bags. I then leap into action; I soar across the sky to the bad guys’ lair. I make no effort to disguise my approach and the criminals see my coming from a mile away. They try to shoot me out of the sky, but my super suit blocks the bullets. I fly in close to them, *WHAM* I knock out the first bad guy *BAM* I threw the second one off of the building, he had a parachute on him, so he’ll be fine. *WHOOF* I throw the bags of money down to the people. Now that the people have their money back I turn my attention to the evil boss.
         “Greetings Magnificentl Man,” he says, “I am Evil Lord Doom, and I will be your nemesis. Prepare to lose to me”
         “Nice try Evil Lord Doom Guy, but I am Magnificent Man, and super heroes never lose to bad guys,” I move up to attack Evil Lord Doom but he throws out a pair of sharks with lasers on them. The sharks have beaten me back; I take three heroic steps forward and punch them out of existence. “Your time has come Evil Lord Doom! Prepare to answer to justice,” I take a step towards Evil Lord Doom and trip.
         “BWAAAAAH!”
         “Jonathon, are you okay,” my mommy called in the distance. 
         “Mommy, I slipped and hit my elbow and it hurts really badly,” ...in my defense it was a most egregious wound.
         “Come inside baby, let Mommy clean you up,” I follow my mother into the house. Evil Lord Death may have one this round, thanks to his use of cleverly placed sticks, but Magnifcent Man will win the war.
© Copyright 2012 Drake Mills (furtherinmind at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1895741-Facade