*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1895868-Unnamed-novel-prologue
by Ryno
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Thriller/Suspense · #1895868
Story is about young woman who struggles with death of loved ones and paranormal hauntings
CLINTON COUNTY READER

September 27, 1991



New Falls rape victim traumatized after assault

By: Roger Maller



NEW FALLS – At approximately 1:15 am on September 20, 1991, a New Falls reported a rape. Police were called to the scene and found no evidence of a break in. The woman told police that she did not let her attacker in through her front door. She claimed that her attacker entered her bedroom as she slept, smacked her in the face and choked her. Authorities went on to say that the victim seemed anxious and her attention would shift.





STEUBENVILLE HERALD-STAR

May 29, 1992



Police called to home of local woman after suicide attempt

By: Joanna Berkley



BIDDEN TOWNSHIP – Police were called to the home of Rosemarie Hamlin on May 19, 1992, after neighbors heard screaming coming from the house. Ellen Johnson said, “I heard what sounded like shrieking. And she was yelling profanities at someone. I was worried because I knew she was pregnant.” Ms. Johnson then called 911 and reported the incident. When police responded to the scene, Ms. Hamlin was semiconscious on her kitchen floor with multiple stab wounds to her abdomen. There appeared to be no signs of false entry and the incident was ruled an attempted suicide.



Rosie, 23, was pregnant with twins and was rushed to Trinity Medical Center West. Doctors performed an emergency Caesarean, but one of the twins Rosie carried died before the doctors could even start the operation. The other baby is in Neonatal Intensive Care, listed as critical.



Police say that Rosie may be charged with murder and attempted murder, though the evidence is still being gathered.





STEUBENVILLE HERALD-STAR

November 12, 1992



Woman committed after suicide attempt

By: Joanna Berkley



Rosemarie Hamlin, who late last year tried to commit suicide and kill her unborn children, was committed to Twin Valley Behavioral Healthcare in Columbus after the court ruled her mentally unstable and not fit to stand trial. Doctors later diagnosed her as Schizophrenic. It is unclear as to how long her stay will be. “Right now, we are leaving the possibility open that [Rosie] can get better,” said Dr. Sue Ramsey, a doctor currently on staff at the hospital. “With proper medication and treatment, we hope she can control her affliction,” she went on to say.





PARANORMAL ACTIVITY MAGAZINE

Issue 8, Volume 4

August, 1993



Ohio woman haunted since teen years finally confronted her oppressor.

By Haley Storm



New Falls is a quaint town in southwest Iowa, tucked into a corner near the borders of Nebraska and Missouri. From the quaint town comes a fascinating tale or paranormal activity. It started back in 1983 when Rosemarie Hamlin was 13 years old. On a stormy night, Rosie, who lived alone with her abusive father, had a night vision about a horrific accident involving her father and his death. Two night visions later, and that vision became a reality. Rosie’s father died. Died in the same way the dreamt about the previous three nights.



Rosie was devastated. Her life would never be the same again. From that day forward, she was haunted by an evil spirit. This evil spirit would abuse and torment her until her spirits were shattered. After ten years of constant hauntings, her oppressor raped and impregnated her. It was a Friday, September 20, 1991, Rosie’s twenty-second birthday, the seventh day of the Eleusinian Mysteries. There is no way that is a coincidence. The seventh day was the day of the Telesterion. The day of fulfillment and consecration. Rosie wanted children, but when she found out that she was pregnant with twins, she knew she couldn’t have his children.



Finally, on the night of May 19, 1992, she had had enough. The apparition came to her. She could feel it on her, like a gentle breeze across her cheek, or the touch of a bony finger across her lips. She could smell it, too. It had a rotten smell, like death. It would snicker at her, mock her. She followed the sound around the kitchen with her eyes.



“How is my baby,” it whispered to her.



Rosie replied, “I will kill your [explicative] baby.”



She then went over the drawer, opened it and pulled out a long knife. Holing it up with both hands, pointing it at her stomach, she threatened it again. With all of her strength, she brought the knife down into her abdomen three or four times until she passed out unconscious on the floor.



Police and emergency crews arrived to her house and Rosie was rushed to the hospital. She survived, but her twins were not as lucky. Rosie said that both of her children died, one during the emergency Caesarian, the other a couple of days later.



This is an amazing story about how a woman overcame her fears and finally defeated her oppressor. The sad part is that Rosie is committed to a mental institution, diagnosed with Schizophrenia.



But what makes this story even more fascinating is, if you reread the article, that Rosie was pregnant with twins. However, when the paranormal being confronted her, he asked how his baby was, not babies. Classic Yin and Yang scenario that we have seen before in the paranormal world. Twins, one evil, dark and mysterious and one good, light and magical. It is a tragedy, though, that the twins did not survive, even if one of them was evil. It would have been interesting to see how these babies grew up. How their lives were affected by the paranormal being. How their lives interacted with each other. And how both interacted with their father.



"Unnamed novel: chapter 1
© Copyright 2012 Ryno (rkmalen1029 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1895868-Unnamed-novel-prologue