*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1896802-Flash-Fiction-Entry
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by mljs81
Rated: · Short Story · Dark · #1896802
A woman seeks forgiveness for her mistake
She lay there, in her bed, wondering what he was going to do next. She had done what she most feared. She had told the truth. She knew didn't deserve the forgiveness she so desperately craved.
“I'm not crazy you know.” Ben said after a few minutes.
“I never said you were.” she replied.
“If I believe this, if I give in, then I am crazy right?” he asked.
Alice didn't know what to say. She couldn't really believe it herself, but she knew it wasn't just their imagination. This wasn't just a bad dream.
“I just need you to say you forgive me.” she pleaded.
“If this has really happened to me, if this isn't some horrible nightmare, then this is the end of the line for me.” he said sighing.
“I suppose it is, I don't know what happens when we die, maybe there is more to it then what you've experienced so far. And I hope there is, I want you to be happy and at peace.” she said into the darkness.
“I can't forgive you Alice, unless you turn yourself in and go to the police. And if you do that, maybe I can rest in peace and move on.”
“I won't do that Ben, my life will be over. I'll go to jail.” she cried.
“Then I guess I'll be back tomorrow night. And the night after that. There will be no rest for either of us until you do what is right.” he said.
“Please Ben....” she cried into her pillow. But there was silence and she knew he was gone.
© Copyright 2012 mljs81 (mljs1981 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1896802-Flash-Fiction-Entry