*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1897417-Comforting-Tweet
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1897417
One of a girl's favorite singers dies and "sends" her a tweet.
Eliana Holcombe had been mourning the loss of one of her favorite singers ever since she heard the news. She had her good days and bad days. Eliana often wondered if his spirit was around her because there seemed to be strange things happening. One such event confirmed her suspicions.

Eliana was watching one of her favorite television shows one night. It was the season premiere, and the stars of the show said they would retweet any tweets they received as long as it had a certain hashtag. She tweeted them twice with the hashtag, but no retweet of hers came through. She was looking at the television and thinking that she bet if her favorite singer was still alive that he would tweet her.

She glanced at her computer screen and saw that she had one new tweet. She clicked on it and got a shock. It was the deceased singer's Twitter account that had been left active by his family. It was as if he really did "tweet" her. The tweet contained information about an upcoming event, but Eliana found the timing to be eerily perfect.
© Copyright 2012 K. M. Bailey (djgirl4life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1897417-Comforting-Tweet