*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1897869-Misled
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · LGBTQ+ · #1897869
Jimmy has what he thinks is nothing more than a random run in with some crazy townie...
Chapter 1: You Lost?

  Now that school had started back up for the fall, I had been stuck in a relatively boring day after day mindless drone routine. During the first few days of being back in classes I had started to understand what had led Gary to his mode of self-destruction, and boy was I about to self-destruct after continuous days of having nothing fun to do. Although just when I felt I was on the brink of losing my mind and joining Gary in the asylum that was when I met him. It was after dark and I was in New Coventry on my way back to the school campus when I suddenly found myself lying face down on the ground. Jumping to my feet to avoid a possible beat down I turned around to glare at my attacker. Expecting it to be a greaser I was surprised to find a townie staring at me with the creepiest grin I had ever seen plastered on someone’s face. He had a buzz cut similar to mine; he wore a black tank top with an orange spider on the front of it and slightly faded blue jeans, alongside that he had a baseball bat slung over his shoulder. I had seen him before, he was one of the patients who had escaped from the asylum that time an orderly had asked me to find the two runaways for him, and more recently I had seen him hanging around the other townies in Blue Skies Industrial Park. His arms were unbelievably muscular for a supposed kid who was mentally unstable. Although I had never officially had a conversation with him or even knew his name, I still felt compelled to keep myself in check, but at the same time lash out at him for knocking me down.

“You lost?” He asked, his voice was deep and scratchy.

“What was that for?!” I yelled making sure I sounded angry.

“You need to watch where you’re walking!” His tone was teetering on the verge of dangerous but I wasn’t the least bit phased by it.

“Watch where I’m walking!? You knocked me down!” I retaliated, while revving up my own dangerous tone.

“Oh I’m sorry, did I hurt you?” He cooed out in a babyish voice clearly mocking me. “I’m sorry did I hurt your feelings when I knocked you down? I’m sorry.”

What happened next made me realize I wasn’t dealing with your typical townie kid. Using the baseball bat he held he took it and repeatedly bashed himself on top of his own head with it.

“There” he replied in a rather flat, nonchalant tone, “Now we’re even.”

His apparently craziness struck a chord within me, “Man you’re awesome, do that again!”

Evidently he took this as an insult as this remark caused him to become angry with me.

“DON’T” He yelled while taking a swing at me with his bat, luckily I was able to dodge, “TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK TO DO YOU RICH SHIT!!!”

Realizing he had mistaken me for one of the preps, I attempted to both correct and derail his anger towards me.

“Rich?! I’m not rich, I hate the rich kids!” No such luck!

“You think I’m stupid don’t you rich boy?! You think I’m a joke! Fucking crazy don’t you?!”

Against my better judgment I decided to give him an honest answer, “Well yeah, actually I do!”

My comment had clearly infuriated the already edgy and mentally unbalanced boy, knowing I stood very little chance against a bat wielding lunatic I turned on my heel and hauled ass!

I admit this running away wasn’t like me but for some reason I found myself not wanting to fight him, not that I feared him to that extent I just simply didn’t want to remain on his bad side…

© Copyright 2012 Akemat Lynn (akematlynn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1897869-Misled