*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898404-Rolling-In-Candy
Rated: E · Other · Contest · #1898404
my first clear memory of trick-or-treating.
Frost nipped at my nose, stinging my cheeks flushed magenta. Shivers flew down my spin, and I longed for the warmth of out fire at home, or the heater of the car, or even my brand new poofy black jacket. However, this night, and this night alone, I could do no such thing. not because I didn't have coat, or because the heaters would work. no, the reason I could warm up my chilled bones was very simple.

It was halloween and I wanted to show off my costume.

Several weeks before, My brother and I had been descusing who we wanted to be. My brother, being the boy he is, decided to go with the classical sheet-ghost. for sure it was warmer than my own costume, and would keep him dry if the weather decided to snow.

However, I have always and will always hate being the "classical" girl, expessially on halloween. No, instead I had spent days reading endless books, watching movies until my eys grew red from staring at the t.v screen, and balling my eyes out because I wouldn't have a cool costume in time for the big night.

finally, it wa my father who brought the insparation, in the form of a well known book byt J.K. Rowlin.
The Lord of the rings.

Pehaps you've heard of it? I decided to be Legolas.

Actually, Being the elf prince wasn't the best idea I discovered, for people were constantly assuming I was some sort of fairy, or huntswoman. but I would corrected them, they would feel ashamed that they thought so little of a 6-year-olds imagination,and I would get extra candy.

All in all, the whole thing was well worth the minor unhappiness of not getting mycharactor guessed.

After all, who could say no to 3 whole pillow cases full of candy? Chocolates and hard candies, gum, packets of cider, cookies, pretzles. you name it, My brother and I each had at least 15. by the time 10:00 rolled around, the both of us were so hyper from the small does of candy we were allowed, that t was quite obvios that we wouldn't get to bed anytime soon.

So instead, we initiated our new tradition; the all wonderful candy trading, followed by a pokergame using candy! It was a great way to get candies you liked, and earn a few extra's for when friends were over.

i found I had quite a nack for cards, and managed to relieve my brother of a large chunk of his candy, along with several bags worth from each of my parents.

Alll in all, I'd say that Halloween night was a good one; one of the best.

445 words
© Copyright 2012 Zanpakuto (gaia168421 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898404-Rolling-In-Candy