*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898443-In-Search-of-His-Creator
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #1898443
A journey in search of a surname.....a dying search for one's progenitor.
The sun had long been set. Still its fading crimson glow tinged my mom's milk - white skin and she looked  almost celestial. Mom was humming an ethereal number-----mellifluous was she, as usual. In fact, she was cradling me to sleep. Gradually all my senses were losing poignancy and getting numb.Still I felt too secure on her downy lap.....just before closing my heavy eye-lids, I repeated the same .....'Mom, when will I  meet him? My progenitor.....my father." Mom kept silent for a while and then with a beaming smile told me,"Certainly you will. You have to go back to him, dear."He is mighty and gorgeous." Then she began to rock me hard.
              God knew, how long was that dreamless slumber of mine. In a deep slumber was I!Suddenly an uproarious laughter marred our sequestered serenity. Some goons lashed my mom with an unrelented scourge!. I was almost petrified with fear. 'Is my mom that devout to indulge in flagellation?'thought I. No I didn't dare to open my eyes. A dark pall was enshrouding the surrounding.A devouring darkness had almost blinded me. I heard mom shrieking and there was a loud thunder clapping.A strange chill was permeating all over. My mom, my snow-white mom had turned slate-greyI,Gosh!what was it?And in a moment she got frittered and  I , the puny orphan, started my journey downward.....a stupendous force was pulling me down.I  tried to look up.....to catch the last glimpse of her.....but where was she?
                      Only a faint voice echoed,......'Perhaps, it is your journey in search of your identity. You might meet him......or you might....." . Nay, I was falling with a great velocity, I failed to get all her words. I was befuddled.....a puny water-drop I was!
    I fell on earth.........the earthy smell cast a spell.....I was at once enthralled.....I started loving the planet. I fell in a deep gorge, a cascading vivacity invited me to join her.....I readily joined charmed by her liveliness. I embraced the mountain stream for the rest of my life.....then suddenly I looked up to find out whether Rudradeva had stopped his 'tandava'. Wow! the blue dome above smiled wide and sparkled with the freshness of a maiden......the dollops of fleeting cotton balls were ready to dance in a ring. They had almost effaced the memory of that horrid carnage, occurred a few hours before. Nature was dipped in gaiety and emanating an aroma of freedom.
                            The stream, the pristine, the virgin whispered,'Cast off your remorse, dearest. We are out to explore this blessed planet together.....look at the radiance of the sun, inhale the wafting whiff of dancing daffodils. I am your foster mother son.....dance on the top of a wave and encapsulate the vibgyor ' I was enthused and started dancing with every ripple. Oh! pure joy started shimmering round me.The soothing green comforted me. I started running through unnumbered villages, innumerous towns and some frowning and annoyingly noisome metropolises.
                                    Later,I felt weary, almost drained out. Suddenly my limbs found it difficult to carry me any farther. I was heavy with silt. The conceited folks very indifferently had poured deadly chemicals in the river. Lord I was almost having an attack of asthma. I used to groan in  agony, even in my sleep. I had a dark and deep phobia of catching carcinoma----the lethal devil. My foster parent, the river, still tried to rejuvenate me.'Cheer up darling....just a lil bit to cover....and then you'll surely meet your......' Very tactfully she dropped the last word and with renewed energy I started marching forward with my ever increasing girth.
                                    At last........at last our voyage ended and the river kissed the ocean. The ocean with his indifferent demeanour, didn't care to notice the river's deep desires. It was not an estuary, she had created many deltas on her way. Swallowing her womanly tears, she smiled and told me,'Do you recognize him?''Him?' I rebuffed,......'you mean, this mighty one is my..... but he is unique in his indifference. He resembles an ascetic.....someone who celebrates renunciation......a stoic."He was as indifferent as God. He had to be. He brought life on earth....the mother earth vibrated with life .He was an integral part of that ever enigmatic 'divine-design'. The Lord had blessed him with the boon of 'moksha'. I was thoroughly disillusioned and kept on waiting for being evaporated again. My father, the OCEAN, didn't bat a single eye-lid hearing this.
© Copyright 2012 BIBI BASU LAYEK (extolling at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898443-In-Search-of-His-Creator